Different Definition Of Beauty?

rainx

Stendhal writes:

"Beauty is the promise of pleasure"

personally i think never a truer word has been spoken on the subject.

That is why we men can find virtually any woman attractive regardless of

'looks'

with thai and asian women in general i see that 'promise' i dont quite know

exactly what it is, the shape of the face, the eyes, that wonderful skin colour (very dark or otherwise) of course in that 'promise' is the expectation ( in contrast to the actual looks) of hearing that most magical word, namely, 'Yes'

Hi all, first post yay!

im from ireland and here we have girls covering themselves in fake tan, looking very tangoed. i've black hair and extremely pale skin with some freckles on my face and to be honest i'd always assumed all westerners loved tanned skin. I was in NYC last year and the amount of men coming up to me on the street was unreal, all because of my skin they told me. one man explained to me had i noticed they were all black and indeed they nearly all were. apparently its common enough to want the opposite of what you have yourself :D

I'l be going to thailand this summer for a couple of months so i look forward to be admired lol :o

Hi all, first post yay!

im from ireland and here we have girls covering themselves in fake tan, looking very tangoed. i've black hair and extremely pale skin with some freckles on my face and to be honest i'd always assumed all westerners loved tanned skin. I was in NYC last year and the amount of men coming up to me on the street was unreal, all because of my skin they told me. one man explained to me had i noticed they were all black and indeed they nearly all were. apparently its common enough to want the opposite of what you have yourself :D

I'l be going to thailand this summer for a couple of months so i look forward to be admired lol :D

Welcome to Thaivisa :o

STAY OUT OF THE SUN.....

I have seen severely burned white skinned people, mainly from Britain, who were not properly informed about the power of the sun.

The sun is dangerous !

LaoPo

Hi all, first post yay!

I'l be going to thailand this summer for a couple of months so i look forward to be admired lol :D

STAY OUT OF THE SUN.....

I have seen severely burned white skinned people, mainly from Britain, who were not properly informed about the power of the sun.

The sun is dangerous !

LaoPo

lol why the eye roll?

yes i'l be very careful, i've been burnt before when i've been aboard and i'f be using a very very high factor. will i still need it when the rain season kicks in?

Hi all, first post yay!

STAY OUT OF THE SUN.....

The sun is dangerous !

LaoPo

lol why the eye roll?

yes i'l be very careful, i've been burnt before when i've been aboard and i'f be using a very very high factor. will i still need it when the rain season kicks in?

Yes, you will.

I don't think an interest in Irish gals with pure white skin and dark hair is confined to black men, by the way.

lol why the eye roll?

Yes you will! A ginger haired friend of mine went fishing with my husband in the pouring rain. He came back with a burn. And it poured the entire time he was out. UV comes through the clouds. You have to be careful with the sun, esp if you are an Irish whitey :o

I think the reason you see so many farangs with dark(er) skinned girls is simply, that if youre a tourist the girls youll meet first will most likely be darker skinned. In 7'eleven, travel agents, all kinds of service industry has more darker skinned girls than other places, so obviously you'll connect this look with the pleasurable experiences youre hopefully having.

First time i got to Bangkok, few years ago at 21, each isaan or dark skinned girl looked pretty dam_n good to me.

Now as ive been here more times and is around pretty young girls every day :o , i more prefer lighter skinned girls. Dont get me wrong, i dont discriminate, if a girl is beatifull, she is beautifull regardless of skin color. Its the old story about how all europeans, indians, koreans, blacks look the same to the outsider. It takes some time to get "calibrated".

What it comes down to i think is basically that these girls are more approachable and flirty for the average guy, which in turn just gives more oppurtinities for farang-thai couples, simple math :D

However girls bleaching their skin or hiding behind huge umbrellas from the sun, is just ridicoulus.

That makes me think that theres a bigger negative social thing going on with being dark skinned than just looks.

Hi all, first post yay!

I'l be going to thailand this summer for a couple of months so i look forward to be admired lol :o

As a pale skinned Irishman (i can burn in moonlight!), I can tell you that I use a good quality factor 45. 'Hawaian Tropic' water resistant. Re-apply every few hours and when possible sit under shade. Don't be fooled into thinking cloudy is okay, in cloudy weather you'll burn just as badly!

Good luck and have a great time.

ps what colour are your eyes? Mine are green and green eyed people seem to burn even quicker! :D

Trollish posts have been deleted. Further such posts will result in action, something to bear in mind when posting in the Ladies forum.

sbk I feel the OP was trolling when she opened the the post. If she is, as I suspect, a Thai, then what was she really looking for? Some racist remarks from a westener to confirm her opinion of westeners? To find out whether the boring, traditional, unworldly, narrow-minded, bigotted stereotype Thai belief that all western men prefer dark skinned Thai women is correct?

Unfortunately I will be unable to provide any passing Thai some sport and the chance to make some stupid, rude, low life comment as I pass because contrary to popular Thai belief I far prefer light skinned coloured women.

Hi all, first post yay!

As a pale skinned Irishman (i can burn in moonlight!), I can tell you that I use a good quality factor 45. 'Hawaian Tropic' water resistant. Re-apply every few hours and when possible sit under shade. Don't be fooled into thinking cloudy is okay, in cloudy weather you'll burn just as badly!

ps what colour are your eyes? Mine are green and green eyed people seem to burn even quicker! :D

greeny blue. :D depends on the lighting.

there are "universal" traits demonstrated in numerous studies across the globe as attractive:

bright eyes

clear skin

symmetrical features

full lips

straight teeth

low waist/hip ratio (regardless of size)

none of them have anything to do with race.

predisposition to a particular set of features or skin color is a reflection of social norms and conditioning, not attractiveness in the biological sense.

an interesting exception is that studies have also shown that both caucasians and asians consistently rate eurasians as more beautiful than either asians or caucasians. that's not about asians wanting to be white or whites wanting to be asian (especially since across all races, people rate those of their own race as more beautiful than people of other races), rather about a biological preference for mates with genetic diversity. so there is a reason for people finding luk krung more attractive and it's not about self hate or shallowness or whatever.

Hi all, first post yay!

greeny blue. :D depends on the lighting.

Well mine are greeny-blue too! :D Although my hair is dark!

there are "universal" traits demonstrated in numerous studies across the globe as attractive:

bright eyes

clear skin

symmetrical features

full lips

straight teeth

low waist/hip ratio (regardless of size)

none of them have anything to do with race.

predisposition to a particular set of features or skin color is a reflection of social norms and conditioning, not attractiveness in the biological sense.

an interesting exception is that studies have also shown that both caucasians and asians consistently rate eurasians as more beautiful than either asians or caucasians. that's not about asians wanting to be white or whites wanting to be asian (especially since across all races, people rate those of their own race as more beautiful than people of other races), rather about a biological preference for mates with genetic diversity. so there is a reason for people finding luk krung more attractive and it's not about self hate or shallowness or whatever.

Not all of the traits listed are "universal". Lip size, teeth, and preference for features can vary according to cultural definitions of beauty. Some cultures put a very low value on traits listed and a higher value on others that are not listed.

Not all of the traits listed are "universal". Lip size, teeth, and preference for features can vary according to cultural definitions of beauty. Some cultures put a very low value on traits listed and a higher value on others that are not listed.

not really true based on the numerous studies done about this. no group prefers crooked teeth to straight teeth, pockmarked skin to clear skin, thin lips to fuller lips (note this is relative if you are getting at lip size as a proxy for race or something).

yes, preference for features/coloring varies but not the "basics" of beauty.

• 2 weeks later...

One thing that crosses all cultural borders is symmetry. People with symmetrical features tend to be thought of as better-looking. THere is also some sort of mathematical ratio for face and body which people tend to choose over people with other ratios. I saw that on Discovery, and I was skeptical, but test after test supported that theory.

On my side, I have never looked at skin color too much. But it was driven home to me when I took a girl who I thought was absolutely stunning to dinner with my friends. This girl had a model-type face, a petite body with nice curves, and dressed and carried herself well. The next day I asked my Thai friends what they thought of her, expecting to get rave opinions. To a man, they all dismissed her as being too dark.

Oh well, it takes all kinds. I do think Thais may be a little more uniform in their opinions of beauty than many western peoples, but all of us have our own idea of beauty.

In Asian women I like darker skin, still relatively tall but with definite female features and who look like a woman, not a boy. In Europeans, I prefer the scandinavian and germanic nationalities. I don't like dark women outside of Asia. South Americans and latinas who I am attracted to follow similar traits.

The strange thing is that in all nationalities I have a common trait. I like athletic women in so far as the Amazonian body shape is most preferred and is most easily seen in swimmers. The fact that I was a trained swimmer for many years and through puberty has not escaped me. People said my ex was like the character "Zena - Warrier Princess" and they would be right, though she was Thai.

I don't care where they come from really, but they have to be feminine and look like women, something which some Asian women cannot do as they are far too slender and petite.

Now that is unfair torrenova. To say an Asian woman does not look like a woman is well, wrong. To say that she doesn't fit your ideal of what a woman should look like is more accurate. Women come in all shapes and sizes :o

And besides, you obviously haven't been south of Bangkok. Where I live the women are all different sizes, big, small, busty, small-breasted, hippy, no hips etc etc. Southern women (and men) tend to be larger than up North and there are plenty of shapely women here.