Proof Of Buying To Put House In Falang Name

I have sent 50% of a house build money to Thailand to my account the other 50% is in the g/f account (her money)

We want to put the house in my name as I believe we cannot have 50-50 on the tabian bahn.

Can I put the house in my name without proof that I fully paid for it?

Where would you be "putting" the "house in your name"?

William, what do you mean where? Do you mean in what part of Thailand or do you mean what documents; example building permit and/or house book ?

The g/f wants her name on the house book (tabian bahn) but I'm not sure if she can have this while allowing me to be the legal owner of the house. Not sure how it works and could do with some help. I would prefer this route.

The owner of the land is the me and the g/f's company, so I will have permission.

Edited by jflundy

Not sure where you're getting your ideas from. As a Farang you cannot own any land or any house on the land.

ONLY a Thai citizen can be on the original 'Tibbian Barn' not a farang.

Although there are ways for a foreigner to obtain a 'Tibbian Barn' booklet (yellow colour I believe) but this is only because

you live there, NOT OWN IT. Also there are mortgages, leases, usufruct etc to allow you to live on the property.

Even if a Company owns the land then you are part of the company, you are not recognised as an individual, even though your

wife is (as explained above).

Doesn't really matter how much you pay for the house as if it's in a company name, then it's company money (not individual)

and if it is your wife's name then you must sign a paper to acknowledge she purchased it with her money anyway.

Hope this helps you as you obviously need to research this subject some more before you make wrong assumptions or decisions.

bye...thainet

Not sure where you're getting your ideas from. As a Farang you cannot own any land or any house on the land.

ONLY a Thai citizen can be on the original 'Tibbian Barn' not a farang.

Although there are ways for a foreigner to obtain a 'Tibbian Barn' booklet (yellow colour I believe) but this is only because

you live there, NOT OWN IT. Also there are mortgages, leases, usufruct etc to allow you to live on the property.

Even if a Company owns the land then you are part of the company, you are not recognised as an individual, even though your

wife is (as explained above).

Doesn't really matter how much you pay for the house as if it's in a company name, then it's company money (not individual)

and if it is your wife's name then you must sign a paper to acknowledge she purchased it with her money anyway.

Hope this helps you as you obviously need to research this subject some more before you make wrong assumptions or decisions.

bye...thainet

Hi Thainet I think that your wrong here as a foreigner you can own the house but not the land and my original question is about the house only. Do not need this thread developing into the right and wrongs of company land ownership.

Edited by jflundy