Favourite Sandwich To Fly With !

wileycoyote

I always stock up, the food on a plane will kill you faster than a crash into a mountain.

Favorite on the LA to BKK

A big Rueban on rye from Al Cantors kosher deli, a few of those monster garlic pickles so everyone in the plane can share the experience. On that note, a few Cinabons, the extra huge and hot model, that will drive people crazy for the first few hours. Usually a really really premium fruit salad loaded with fresh strawberries and pineapple, and a few salads of various compositions round it out nicely.

I get a huge amount of dirty looks as I refuse that dog food when they come around. You can bet I say it loud and clear "NO THANKS, THATS NOT EDIBLE".

I have never been stopped with food getting on a plane. I dont think anyone has even asked me to open it up. I used to carry a thermos of Starbucks finest but those days are over. Dont forget at least four or five deserts. Not too sloppy, cheesecake, carrot cake, a few pie pieces.

I dont ever want to sit next to an @sshole like me on a long flight......

I dont ever want to sit next to an @sshole like me on a long flight......

Au contraire, my gourmande! With that gourmet line-up, I'd slip you a high-powered sleeping tablet in your drink early-on, and then pig-out on contents of your carry-ons! D_mn, you just made me so hungry right now.

Forget Air Asia and Nokair - they won't let you even take a bite of your own food.

For all these discount airlines that try to force you to buy their overpriced undersized no tasting meals, there is an easy workaround. Just tell them you are on a restricted diet of some sort...e.g., low-sodium, low-fat (medically restricted) or kosher, Muslim (religious restrictions) and therefore WILL consume your own food thank you.

For all these discount airlines that try to force you to buy their overpriced undersized no tasting meals, there is an easy workaround. Just tell them you are on a restricted diet of some sort...e.g., low-sodium, low-fat (medically restricted) or kosher, Muslim (religious restrictions) and therefore WILL consume your own food thank you.

From Air Asia's Term & Conditions of carriage:

10.4 Passengers are not allowed to consume their own food on board.

7.1 Right to refuse carriage: We may refuse carriage of you or your baggage for reasons of safety or if, in the exercise of our reasonable discretion, we determine that:

(e) you have not observed, or are likely to fail to observe, our instructions

So, in theory you could be in big trouble if you decide to bring your own food on a LCC.

Peter

Just tell them you are on a restricted diet of some sort...e.g., low-sodium, low-fat (medically restricted) or kosher, Muslim (religious restrictions) and therefore WILL consume your own food thank you.

From Air Asia's Term & Conditions of carriage:

10.4 Passengers are not allowed to consume their own food on board.

Yes, that's their official policy to sell their crappy overpriced food.

However, if you whip out some of your own food during the flight and are admonished about it and give one of my medical or religious reasons for having you own food...you will not be further molested by the flying waiters or waitresses. At least that has been my experience.

I usually get the steak, and have rum and cola when I fly :o . I don't do economy class let alone fly discount airlines. Thank goodness I have the means. Being 6'2" doesn't work well in economy.

Being 6'4" is also not so good in malaysia airline's business "shell" seats.

Typically I only use LCC's for short haul flights and one or two hours without food or drink is no great hardship especially if you have a meal and drinks at the airport prior to departure.

I did once, due to a momentary lapse of reason, buy some in flight food with AirAsia. Never :o ever :D ever :D again.

Sumtam pra-ra or a cold Burger King, if available

Burger King - sneaky inflight meal of choice - nothing better than a whopper on the plane, cold or hot.

I especially love pulling the whopper out in business class, and more so if we have been delayed at the gate for a while, or in a long queue taxiing for take off - everyone else is starving and I am tucking into a tasty piece of heaven.... Also great if you want to skip the inflight meal and get some sleep as soon as you depart.

KFC! (Not so great for the person sitting next to you, though!)

KFC is awesome to unleash on the plane just before the meal service arrives. Especially if it is a bucket of the Colonel's finest, which was sealed up in a plastic bag and placed in the overhead locker when boarding. Seriously - when you open the KFC up on the plane I swear the smell fills the whole aircraft within seconds - EVERYbody can smell it, like some rapid expansion of a pungent (but tasty) odour.....

:o