March 14, 200818 yr Hi TV members Does anybody have knowledge about VOLKSWAGEN PASSAT HIGHLINE 1.9 TDi AT 2003 any info will be apreciated. Thanx Tilapia.
March 14, 200818 yr Sure I do know them to an extent since I work on VAG( Volkswagen, Audi, Porsche ) Cars alot. The Passat Highline is based on the Audi chassis also know as Passat B5.5. This is alittle outdated chassis, but over good. Most of the components are interchangable with Audi parts. Meaning if you want to upgrade your brakes to bigger rotors or calipers from certain Audi's, it can be done. The TDI motor offered here in Thailand is rated at 130hp from what I have seen. I have chipped a few of these guys locally that wanted the additional 35hp. Milleage wise it is great for diesel. Maintenance wise you should use synthetic engine in these motors. Let me know what kind of questions you have...PM me!
March 14, 200818 yr This is the exact car i had back in Holland.. It was a great car.. I have driven 245.000 km with it without any major problems. The engine is very reliable, smooth and gives a nice accelaration. Took the car to Spain a few times, and with a full (60 Liter) tank of Diesel i was able to drive Around 900 km. I wished i had that car here. Also all the materials used on the interior are made of very good Quality. Everything inside feels like it can be used till the end of days. The buttons on the dashboard, the doorhandles, just everything. On long runs it is a true plessure to drive.
March 14, 200818 yr Author This is the exact car i had back in Holland.. It was a great car.. I have driven 245.000 km with it without any major problems. The engine is very reliable, smooth and gives a nice accelaration.Took the car to Spain a few times, and with a full (60 Liter) tank of Diesel i was able to drive Around 900 km. I wished i had that car here. Also all the materials used on the interior are made of very good Quality. Everything inside feels like it can be used till the end of days. The buttons on the dashboard, the doorhandles, just everything. On long runs it is a true plessure to drive. Thanks, this is good to know, we will use the car from Bkk to Buri-Ram on regular basis, how is the mileage for this car ? And how is the power ?
March 14, 200818 yr It has enough power. Before this one i had the 2008 model with 110 Hp, even this one was a plessure to drive. That's why after 4,5 years i decided to buy the new model. Like i said in my previous post the milage is very good.. 900 km With 60 liters of Diesel.. That is 15 km on a liter. And this was fully packed.. 4 persons, skibox on the roof.. and the trunk full of luggage. Don't worry about the power. It has enough. Nice car to cruise 120-130 km/hour
March 14, 200818 yr Author ^ Ok, that's what I need to know, I'm going to Bkk on Sunday to have a look at the car and take it for a spin, if that falls through, then I'll be looking for an Audi A4 or A6. Thanks again
March 14, 200818 yr Author It has enough power.Before this one i had the 2008 model with 110 Hp, even this one was a plessure to drive. That's why after 4,5 years i decided to buy the new model. Like i said in my previous post the milage is very good.. 900 km With 60 liters of Diesel.. That is 15 km on a liter. And this was fully packed.. 4 persons, skibox on the roof.. and the trunk full of luggage. Don't worry about the power. It has enough. Nice car to cruise 120-130 km/hour Ups, I forgot to ask this, I'm 1.90cm tall. any room for that in the Passat ??
March 15, 200818 yr What would be the parts and service costs for this car? Seems like a logical choice given the cost of fuel these days. Second hand ones seem good value as it seems the price drops quickly. I guess here they are not so popular.
March 17, 200818 yr Author Hi Just an update on the situation I went to Bkk yesterday to have a look at the car and take it for a spin, it's a 2003 model but all in the car, like the seats, buttons, everything was like new, it has only one owner from new, according to the green book, and 165.000km on the clock. The engine sounded smooth and it was wonderful to drive, really good power so I think that it's the 130hp engine there is in it, plenty of room for me as well, so after some negotiation we got the price down to what I thourght was fair, some might think it's to much when you compare to the 2.3 V5 Passat they are around 420K-500K, but the mileage isent very good. Thanks to the people who helped answer my questions.
Create an account or sign in to comment