Until When Can I Stay In Thailand ?

Hi, I am a South Korean at the age of 40.

I entered Thailand on Nov 29 2007 and left it for my country on Jan 10 2008, which means I stayed in Thailand for 43 days with 90 Day Visa Exemption.

Then, I re-entered Thailand on Feb 19 2008. The stamp on my passport given by the immigration officer at Suvarnabhumi Airport says " Admitted unitll 18 May 2008".

I thought I could stay in thailand for more 47 days with the initial 90 Day Visa Exemption, but the immigration gave me the second 90 Day Visa Exemption.

I am confused. Until when I can stay in Thailand? Is there no problem if I stay in thailand untill 18 May 2008? Or should I leave Thailand untill 5 April 2008 which is 47 days from my second entery into thailand)

Any advice welcom

Thanks for your attention

Why do the South Koreans get it so good? I know what side of the 38th Parallel I would have wanted to be when that aweful conflict ended (let's hope it has ended). The North Koreans have to provide 5 applications to get a Visa and wait weeks or months (not that many can afford to travel). Also great news for us Aussies and NZ's about the new Asean card. Get 90days with no Visa! Putting my application in soon.

You (South Korea) are not subject to the 90 days in six month rule. You can stay as long as you are stamped for and you can continue to do so.

Wow! lopburi3 ,Thanks a lot for your reply !

May I ask if I can read any official souce backing it up on the web?

Why do the South Koreans get it so good? I know what side of the 38th Parallel I would have wanted to be when that aweful conflict ended (let's hope it has ended). The North Koreans have to provide 5 applications to get a Visa and wait weeks or months (not that many can afford to travel). Also great news for us Aussies and NZ's about the new Asean card. Get 90days with no Visa! Putting my application in soon.

Hi, can you give me some information about this Asean card?

I've never heard of it before and would be interested in knowing how to apply for it.

Cheers.

pburi3 ,thanks again!

>Why do the South Koreans get it so good?

The below is from http://www.mfa.go.th/web/2482.php?id=2490

<quote>

(****)Thailand holds bilateral agreements on visa exemption for holders of diplomatic, official and ordinary passports for a visit of not exceeding 90 days with Brazil, the Republic of Korea and Peru. Therefore, nationals of these 3 countries are exempted from visa requirements and are permitted to enter and stay in Thailand for a period of not exceeding 90 days.

Hi, can you give me some information about this Asean card?

I've never heard of it before and would be interested in knowing how to apply for it.

Cheers.

Never heard of a Asean card. There is the APEC card, which is what I believe he is talking about.

You can read about it on the APEC website.