Tips When Going To Tailor... What Do You Think?

SpaceCow

Hi!

I did find this article about "tips" when going to tailor shop in Thailand.

What do you think? Do you have something to add?

One thing I noticed, was that this writer doens't pay the deposit money before he has seen some of the clothes done.

I thought the tailors want the deposit money same time when you place your oder?

For the shirts, I have the female in the store pick out colors and patterns that match. I have a hard time visualizing when the material is still just material. I have her pick material for two shirts for every pair of slacks.

I also select which shirts I want a longer tail on. These are the ones that will get tucked in. I want some of the shirts to have a flat cut on the bottom to wear outside of the slacks.

I tell them not to put any stiff inserts into the collars. They will say that it will soften after a few washings. Don’t believe it. I tell them that if there is anything in the collar, I will cancel the order.

Since I am older and getting fatter, I also have them toss in a bit of elastic in the waistband in case I gain a pound or three.

I pay a minimum deposit once I have seen the first set completed and will pay in full when all is done. I give them a drop-dead date about 3 days before I depart to allow time for any mistakes.

Once the "tailor' has my order complete, I take the time to over every piece of clothing with a fine tooth comb. I check every stitch and ensure that there are no mistakes. I try on every piece of clothing to make sure they fit.

On occasion, I have even brought in a pair of slacks that I already own that fit me like a glove, and tell them to just make 6 more exactly the same.

You can get some good deals on tailor-made clothes in Thailand if you plan it out and do it properly. Don’t rush and don’t get talked into more expensive material than you really need.

And here is link to the orginal post/page:

http://www.niche-articledirectory.com/arti...hailand+Tailors

I use two tailors in Bangkok

Rajah's in Suk soi 4 and his cousin Gulati's on the corner of Suk soi 3

Rajah's has been suits and trousers, Gulati's for shirts and a couple of pairs of trousers

As for deposit I have paid some but only a nominal amount.

I have no complaints whatsoever - I am not as fussy as the guy in the article you posted :o