Charge For Connection To Mains Sewer

stickyb

Today I received a nice printed notice which seems to infom me that I have failed to pay the 45 baht charge for waste water connection, along with a 50 baht fine. Have lived in the house for nearly 2 years now, and this is the first such notice; however, I don't have a connection to the main sewer (it doesn't even come down our soi) and waste water goes into a soak away on my own land.

What does anyone else pay for conection to sewers?

Sounds like City Hall are on a low-season drive to get money for nothing and see how many people don't bother to check and send them money anyway, a common farang trait.

In reality, sounds like Somchai (or some other low-level desk jockey) was tasked with getting this "waste water revenue thing" rolling and discovered that despite Pattaya City having a 'glowing' reputation among other local authorities in Thailand (witness how many Issan town management teams come to visit on junkets and leave amazed and more learned), Pattaya City has absolutely no record of where the sewage drains are and what properties if any are connected.