Grocery Shopping

Coolpal39

Do people who have full time maids get the maid to do the grocery shopping?

CP

Only if the boss goes too. That way the maid can just help carry the bags. How the heck would a maid know what farang food products to buy ???

That may happen after a few years of familiarization but not before..

I don't have a maid, but I wouldn't have her do the grocery shopping anyway. How can someone else know what I want to eat? As I buy Thai food at restaurants, almost all my grocery shopping is foreign food. A Thai, Laos, or Burmese person can't really do it. Plus, I find grocery shopping fun.

My Thai friend has a few maids and they do the shopping and cooking. I wanted his help one time on buying rice at Carre Four. I asked him which was the best, and he could not tell me because he has never bought rice and is 40yr old.

My Thai friend has a few maids and they do the shopping and cooking. I wanted his help one time on buying rice at Carre Four. I asked him which was the best, and he could not tell me because he has never bought rice and is 40yr old.

As your friend has not one but a few maids, he must be so well off that he's probably been spoon fed his entire life.

Next to this, I believe rice is a rather homogeneous product and that it is damned hard to tell which sort is better than the other. :o