Weather Predictions

L&J

:o I enjoy looking at the Weather Underground predictions for Chiang Mai and assume whoever

makes them up is merely trying to be creative. In the "winter" the prediction was always for low temperatures(less than 8C/46F)

that of course that never materialized. Last week they had predictions for 40C on several days and it was hot but

not 40C. Here is prediction for this coming Saturday:

Saturday

Partly Cloudy. High: 105° F. / 41° C. Wind light.

It appears quite clear that predicting weather in Chiang Mai should be left to the guidebooks. April will hot and

dry, December will be dry and a little cooler, it will rain sometime in October and the sun will shine everyday. :D

:o I enjoy looking at the Weather Underground predictions for Chiang Mai and assume whoever

makes them up is merely trying to be creative. In the "winter" the prediction was always for low temperatures(less than 8C/46F)

that of course that never materialized. Last week they had predictions for 40C on several days and it was hot but

not 40C.

I'd love to have a job where I could be wrong 98% of the time and still get paid for it.

not 40C.

I'd love to have a job where I could be wrong 98% of the time and still get paid for it.

You must remember that in chiang mai, there are many areas with different temps/rainfall/wind/humidity/pollution, etc.

It may not be the same as the predictions where you live, but it likely is somewhere else...

All weather predictions for Thailand are always wrong. It's not just Weather Underground, but every other service as well.

Last time I checked weather.com , it put a big icon with thundrcloud & rain for Chiang Mai, but upon further inspection it listed the chance of rain (any rain at all) at 30%. Now IF that were to matrerialize I think that particular day would still go down as 'Sunny, very warm and a bit hazy'. Why the focus on the CHANCE of perhaps a 30 minute downpoor?