Translate Birth Certificate

I'm about to start the process of getting a passport for my Son, and I need to translate his Thai birth Certificate to English. After searching on this forum, I came across a post that said I can do the translation myself, with a form directly from the Ministry of Foriegn affairs. This was the link,

http://www.mfa.go.th/web/804.php (its the second bullet point down).

Well, it all looks quite straight forward, I was just wandering if anyone has succesfully done it themselves before, or am I better off just using a company (only about 400 baht I think, and taxi fares).

There is one thing, at the bottom of the for it says, sig. of registrar Acknowledging birth, who would that be?

Thanks for any help!

I'm about to start the process of getting a passport for my Son, and I need to translate his Thai birth Certificate to English. After searching on this forum, I came across a post that said I can do the translation myself, with a form directly from the Ministry of Foriegn affairs. This was the link,

Well, it all looks quite straight forward, I was just wandering if anyone has succesfully done it themselves before, or am I better off just using a company (only about 400 baht I think, and taxi fares).

There is one thing, at the bottom of the for it says, sig. of registrar Acknowledging birth, who would that be?

Thanks for any help!

I think that your query about translation really relates more to where you are--I got our daughter's birth cert. translation done in BKK, near Brit. Embassy for about the price you are quoting--never having tried to do it myself I can't say but I wouldn't want the hassle--Registrar Acknowledging Birth is just what it says--i.e. Hospital Registrar where child was born, as far as I'm aware.

FWIW, places near the British Embassy were quoting from 250 a couple of weeks back.

Thanks for any help!

I think that your query about translation really relates more to where you are--I got our daughter's birth cert. translation done in BKK, near Brit. Embassy for about the price you are quoting--never having tried to do it myself I can't say but I wouldn't want the hassle--Registrar Acknowledging Birth is just what it says--i.e. Hospital Registrar where child was born, as far as I'm aware.

Yeah, that's what i thought, so I'm not sure what they do when they need a signature on the translation for the registrar. It does sound like a bit of a hassle, it's just i live in bang khae, so quite far for me to go. Thanks, for the advise, anyway.

If the translation is for the UK authorities your own version will probably suffice.

You can attach the Thai version if the Embassy needs to check.

I had no problems with a translation of my marriage cert back in the days when one

could get tax relief for a wife. :o

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...