Van & Driver Hire To Go To Chiangmai From Bangkok

BFD

Hi there friends and neighbours,

I'm hoping to rent a van and hire a driver to go from Bangkok to Chiangmai on about April 12th or so. I have four Canadian friends coming in earlier in the week, and I think it would be a fun way to show them a bit of the breathtaking countryside while getting drunk in a van.

I am talking about a one-way trip, if possible; we'd probably fly or take the train back to BKK.

Anyone know any options?

Thanks,

BFD!

I'm hoping to rent a van and hire a driver to go from Bangkok to Chiangmai on about April 12th or so. I have four Canadian friends coming in earlier in the week, and I think it would be a fun way to show them a bit of the breathtaking countryside while getting drunk in a van.

I am talking about a one-way trip, if possible; we'd probably fly or take the train back to BKK.

Anyone know any options?

Thanks,

BFD!

Ask any Thai travelagent I would think around 3000,- baht/day + diesel.

cheers

onzestan

Anyone know any options?

Thanks,

BFD!

12th April is the height of Songkran. Hope you know what that means for road travel.

Yeah, I realize the timing is not ideal. We'd be whooping it up with drinks etc in the van, so I think we could keep ourselves entertained.

All of this is very last-minute, so anything that can be done will do.

Please keep the suggestions coming, folks :o.

BFD!

Just wanted to bump this.

I felt sure that there would be more people who would have advice on neat ways to get to Chiangmai... After all, you're such knowledgeable folks!

BFD!

Just wanted to bump this.

I felt sure that there would be more people who would have advice on neat ways to get to Chiangmai... After all, you're such knowledgeable folks!

BFD!

Hi "BFD",

As mentioned by "Tung_Thaid" it is the height of Songkran, so finding a Driver would be a problem as most wish to be with their families.

I would recommend flying there for Songkran and then taking a minibus back to Bangers and Mash after the Thai New Year, as the roads will be full of craziness during this time of the year.

Good luck and stay safe and sound. :D

Yours truly,

Kan Win

P.S. This will be me 17th Songkran, so I should know. :o

There'll be carnage on the roads. It really doesn't matter what state you are in in the back of the van if some liquored-up arsehol_e comes ploughing into you. Better off driving to Pattaya, less chances of a smash for a much shorter distance.

Be dam_n careful!!

Edited by Big A