Do Thai Men Do The Same Things As Farangs?

Erawan

Do Thai men frequent go-go bars/strips clubs as much as farangs? Do they go to the same places/venues? Do they pay the same amount?

This isn't highlighted as much as the farang side of things, but I've read comments here from other users that it does it exist. Surely it can't be that widespread or widely practised though? Or maybe it's just overshadowed by the tourism sector... or people turn a blind-eye to it. I dunno, that's why I'm asking.

Oh and what's so bad about Thai men?

No, they don't to all of the above. They go to brothels, karoake and what I call "singing girl cafes", the places with the photos of the girls out front, you go inside and it's full of girls in very fancy dress, not so revealing, singing on stage.

My husband's cousin-in-law took us to one of these "cafes" about 10 years ago so it may have all changed (the clothes may be more revealing), but the essence of what the men are after is the same. Just a bit more subtle.

Thais have their own kind of 'Patpong', a string of shophouses turned bars, along a small stretch of Sutthisan Rd in Saphan Kwai. Haven't been there for over 12 years or so, but they used to have some of the acts from the ping pong shows.

Beer was cheaper if I recall correctly and, you got a large bottle too. :o

normally, they go to 'massage house'

by the way,

you hardly find thai men at sort of farang go-go bar

because of different target customers

thai men mostly dig the pale skin-type girls (japanese or chinese look)

meanwhile, farangs prefer the tan most (flat&wide nose or square-shape face)

:o

Edited by Girlfrombar

No, they don't to all of the above. They go to brothels, karoake and what I call "singing girl cafes", the places with the photos of the girls out front, you go inside and it's full of girls in very fancy dress, not so revealing, singing on stage.

My husband's cousin-in-law took us to one of these "cafes" about 10 years ago so it may have all changed (the clothes may be more revealing), but the essence of what the men are after is the same. Just a bit more subtle.

I was taken to one of these places in Thap Lamu last year by a Thai friend... it was just like you said....

One girl on a stage singing... while others were sitting at tables talking to the customers, song finishes and another girl gets her turn to sing...

All of the girls were wearing very fancy dresses, kinda thing you see flamenco dancers wearing if I remember correctly...

There were rooms out the back if you wanted to partake in activities other than drinking, talking, listening to the songs :o

totster :D

I've been to a few Karoke bars in Hatyai where the bgs sing dreadful tear-jerking material...then the Thai men take the mic and spill out the same heart-wrenching ballads. It was one of the funniest and strangest sights I have ever witnessed...(my first night in Thailand was spent drunk in one of these places). I didn't see any of the women slip out with the guys, though I was oblivious and uneducated to those types of things at the time. But if you have never seen such a sight, I recommend visting one of these places, just for the sheer comedic value.

in towns all over the country there are a variety of joints that have girls for sale , and all prices are available. generally massage parlours ,kareoki , and seedy brothels .

and streetwalkers too.

For instance on the outskirts of pattaya are several areas where they have a good selection of girls but farangs very rarely go to these places . prices a tad cheaper than the farang bars ,but the girls on offer are not worn out old dogs with stretchmarks ,as the thais are fussier than the farangs. they insist on good young tite bodies with no babies birthmarks. The farangs get the thai rejects in pattaya ...

In BKK are the chayoa phrya parlours with expensive good lookers ,not many farangs in thse places. (5000 shortime), and there are streetwalkers for 300-500 .

Up in Korat are some huge parlours that were left behind after the yanks left when the Vietnam war finished . large numbers of girls in there.

In rural upcountry issan are bamboo shack kareoki bars where you can pay very little for a girl , many places have seriously under age girls as the thais like them young.

the police are paid off and keep quiet about them.

In nong Khai are numerous brothels catering for all clients ,prices vary from 200 bahts

up to 1000s depending on how good looking and in good shape they are.

they are staffed by Laos girls who are really happy with earning 200 shortime ,thats a fortune back home .

Lol, wow, you seem to know your stuff Darlek - dare I ask? :D I'm sure it's innocent enough, word of mouth, I'm sure (I'm genuinely being sincere, no sarcasm).

Actually got some figures, but I forgot to ask how much farangs pay since I don't know, so I've nothing to compare those figures to :o.

You said that the prices are cheaper (not sure if you meant just in the karaoke bars or overall - boy they sound like a hoot from igotworms post :D), but the Thais are pickier about their girls. Surely that would be incentive for higher prices? So that means... farangs are paying over the top for lower quality 'goods', just another area where they are getting extorted :D.

I've been to a few Karoke bars in Hatyai where the bgs sing dreadful tear-jerking material...then the Thai men take the mic and spill out the same heart-wrenching ballads...

I went to such a bar once on Penang with another Westerner. Found it pretty boring, listening to silly songs rather than checking out the panties of the girls. :D

I have a regular girlfriend now, so only limited sanuk... :D

Miss the good old days in Pattaya, Patong and Bangkok. :o

(Living 'upcountry' now.)

But for example, if a farang pays 1000 baht for short time, how much would the same girl charge a Thai guy, what would the Thai guy expect to pay?

One guy I work with knows a place where he can get it for 400 baht! No idea where it is and he won't let on either (selfish git) :o

But in my experience, Thai guys seem more willing to throw the cash around in these venues than farang people. I think it's because it gives them more "face" with the staff, or somethin' lilke that...

Or maybe they just like getting p!ssed, laid, and having lots of laffs...

About 7 years ago, before my house was finished being built, I was staying with my wife in the Udorn hotel in Udornthani.

My wife was tired from a full day in the village and had gone to bed, but I was hungry.

As the hotels kitchen was closed I went to the night club across the road.

This was full of Thai's and had no other Farangs in there.

On entering I told the waiter that I just wanted food and gave him my food order.

After 5 minutes he came over and told me I could have sex with any of the girls I wanted, :wub: I thought tha was very generous of him but I told him I just wanted food, he looked confused. :D

5 minutes later the manager came over and said if I don’t want any of the girls did I want any of the male waiters, :D I told him firmly NO I JUST WANTED THE FOOD. :D

The food arrived and I started eating.

I can see the manager and waiters talking, they looked confused.

2 minutes into eating the manager returns looking very confused and said

If you don’t want the girls or the waiters did I want HIM. :o

I finished the food and left WITHOUT the manager or any of the staff. :D

T I T. -_-