Buriram Beach

prakhonchai nick

BURIRAM BEACH

Does anyone know whether this place is still open? The few times I went last year, there were practically no customers, and yesterday - the height of the school holidays - when I wanted to take the children it was closed!

Their Website has never been added to since inception and there are no contact details available.

What's the date today? Isn't it a bit early for that kind of thing? :o

Where is this place anyway? Or did I fall for the obvious?

It's a massive swimming pool complex, with a sandy "beach" which gently slopes into the water

Opened last year by a couple of Aussies, but never seemed to get much custom, except at perhaps weekends.

Its located just past the Chevrolet garage about 1km down from Big C and Makro

Good potential but needs hundreds of kids daily, and cannot afford to close in high season!

i know this facility but having not been in the area since November not sure about open or close, however yes the school holidays have started, but up her in Petchabun my mates wife runs an Internet shop in the village which is steady but a lot of the kids at the moment seem to get taken to Bkk or visiting families ie such as us Farangs in our homeland we take a break from work but also away from our working living environment for a few days:

Prolonged answer and probably not right input either :o

Thanks prakhonchai nick. I'll be home next week and will check it out. There's enough kids around our village to fill a place like that. I had a small plastic pool that I got from V-Mart a while back and it was filled with kids every day until I had to empty the green water to refill it. Then it fell apart. We really need a nice place for swimming. The pool in town is not bad though but all a bit too formal. (How casual do you want to be?? I hear you ask).

The pool in town is not bad though but all a bit too formal. (How casual do you want to be?? I hear you ask).

Wasn't aware that there was another pool in Buriram. Can you provide info please. Thanks maybe can use that if we have another abortive visit to the "Beach".

The pool in town is not bad though but all a bit too formal. (How casual do you want to be?? I hear you ask).

Wasn't aware that there was another pool in Buriram. Can you provide info please. Thanks maybe can use that if we have another abortive visit to the "Beach".

There is a great pool at the Thepnakorn hotel. Not sure what the deal is to use it but sure if you took kids or family there for a drink or a meal you would be OK. Last time I was there I checked in at the reception desk and if we had a meal it was Ok but that was a while ago.

What's the date today? Isn't it a bit early for that kind of thing? :o

Where is this place anyway? Or did I fall for the obvious?

It's a massive swimming pool complex, with a sandy "beach" which gently slopes into the water

Opened last year by a couple of Aussies, but never seemed to get much custom, except at perhaps weekends.

Its located just past the Chevrolet garage about 1km down from Big C and Makro

Good potential but needs hundreds of kids daily, and cannot afford to close in high season!

Heard about it, i was told by a guy last year that knows them, they have put millions of baht into this, but will it pay, i cannot see it, but i would like to think positive and wish them all the luck if it does, you have to advertise and do marketing to get the punters there, never seen any advertisments or website etc, this is the way forward. ie NEW WATERPARK IN BURIRAM. I will tell my daughter and her ferang boyfreind who are at my place at the mo to check it out, also Lourens have you got Geoffs number as need to contact him about thai boxing.

They used to have a bouncy castle right next to the main road last year but when I drove past last week I noticed it had gone.

They must have spent a fortune on electricity keeping it inflated all the time when there were no punters!

PS.. If anyone wants to hire a bouncy castle in the Buriram area - drop me a PM - we have 3 for hire!

BURIRAM BEACH

Does anyone know whether this place is still open? The few times I went last year, there were practically no customers, and yesterday - the height of the school holidays - when I wanted to take the children it was closed!

Their Website has never been added to since inception and there are no contact details available.

They used to have a bouncy castle right next to the main road last year but when I drove past last week I noticed it had gone.

They must have spent a fortune on electricity keeping it inflated all the time when there were no punters!

PS.. If anyone wants to hire a bouncy castle in the Buriram area - drop me a PM - we have 3 for hire!

I could do with a bouncy castle...................................nothing to do with my knights now-a days

Revisited the water park again today and this time it was open.

The kids enjoyed themselves along with some 40/50 others, all of whom had left by 3.30pm! I cannot for the life of me see how they can operate this place and make any money.

School holidays and hot weather should mean a full house every day, but sadly not.. if the owners don't advertise the place soon, then it will surely close.

It's the municipal pool right in town. One block down from the fire station towards city hall. Does this make sence?

Check the map. post-8246-1206768672_thumb.png

• 2 weeks later...
BURIRAM BEACH

Hi

Just letting you know that the Buriram Beach Fun Park is now up and running. Look forward to seeing you there!

Hi

Just letting you know that the Buriram Beach Fun Park is now up and running. Look forward to seeing you there!

Donnajem

Sounds like you are part and parcel of the Fun Park

To avoid disappointment again (especially when the school holidays are over) can you please supply a telephone number so that we may check to see if you are open before setting out.. Many potential visitors are from out of town!

there is a decent swiming pool in a private school outside satuk about 10 minutes along the rd that goes to kandong.you can use it on weekends and school holidays.there is a slippery dip and verry clean ameneties and its undercover so the mrs gets on the bikini happy days .no suntan probs for her :o

Yesterday, Monday 14th, a truckload of young kids with their families went from Prakhonchai for a day out at "The Beach". This was based on my recommendation, although I had forewarned them of erratic opening.

Imagine their dismay to find that once again IT WAS CLOSED!

Having invested heavily in this place the management needs to do a better job, unless they have already shut up shop. Since business will inevitibly be low during the cool months and the rainy season one would have thought they would have maximised their profit during the summer months and school holidays. No savvy!

NO MORE RECOMMENDATIONS FROM ME!

Yesterday, Monday 14th, a truckload of young kids with their families went from Prakhonchai for a day out at "The Beach". This was based on my recommendation, although I had forewarned them of erratic opening.

Imagine their dismay to find that once again IT WAS CLOSED!

Having invested heavily in this place the management needs to do a better job, unless they have already shut up shop. Since business will inevitibly be low during the cool months and the rainy season one would have thought they would have maximised their profit during the summer months and school holidays. No savvy!

NO MORE RECOMMENDATIONS FROM ME!

if they run a business like this, in my opinion they do not deserve any customers.

From the title I thought this was a joke - but ventured into the thread.

Found the web site, with opening times and the fee; 50 Baht.

But the pictures show a completely empty complex, the link above shows only two builders working on the slides.

I would have thought that the owners would hold a few open (free entry) days to pump the place up - take some pictures of happy families etc. For the locals maybe the fee needs to be revisted - as for advertising - do many local kids decide they will spend internet cafe time looking for a local swimming pool complex website - that is only in English?

Man i was born there but i have no idea there is a beach over there....will check em out :D cool map.Hope ya not mind me printing em out. Thanks!

It sounds to me like The Buriram Beach is as famous and well advertised as The Surin Waterslide Park. :D:o:D

Dave

It all makes my mind boggle, why do these businesses not advertise, no wonder most of them fail, get one of them loudspeaker trucks out and why not put an advert on Buriram radio, the more people know about this place the better they will do, also the website is a bit disapointing.

When i open my venture i am going to send some girls down to pattaya and bangers and flood the place with flyers, how many girls from buriram work in these places, and bring there ferang boyfreinds up to this part of Thailand. i am still counting.

I think its only small place and more like for family to relax than the tourism place like in Pataya for sure :o

Which I found its cool. :D

Yes you are quite right, but Buriram is an up and coming city and will be on the tourism map in the future, look at all the money that has been spent, moving the night market etc, all the development, the influx of ferangs, 12 years ago you could walk down the road as you know, you would not see a ferang, maybe the odd one or two at the old embassy, it tells you something, we are all helping the economy, also the city is growing with big firms moving in, this tells you the place is on the rise.