Domestic Flights Set To Shift Back To Suvarnabhumi Airport

george

DM is a good Airport however this make better sense for those of us on Domestic Flt that need to make the International Connection :o:D:D:D

Way to GO AOT, now pull your head out, wipe stuff off your face and resolve the noise problem for the folks living near Suvarnabhumi. :D:D

I arrived in Thailand 21 years ago when there was no terminal 1 or 2 at Don Muang Airport. The government has used tons of tax payer's money to get Don Muang to a level to accomodate the ever growing number of passengers.

Suvarnabhumi Airport was a necessity since Don Muang cracked in its seems. But in MHO, there is only one solution: Suvarnabhumi Airport is an internationl airport and Don Muang must be the domestic airport, similar to Tokyo Narita and Haneda.

All which should have been done was a transport link between Suvarnabhumi and Don Muang, but apparently the powers to be never thought about this.

How can any logically thinking person agree to let Don Muang Airport just rot away ??? I pass right in front of Don Muang terminals 1 and 2 every time I have to go to Bangkok from where I live in Don Muang and I ponder time and again when I see this immensly costly facility completely deserted. This is something I will never be able to comprehend.

I am convinced that one day the government will have to come to the same conclusion.

Edited by Dario

Why does Singapore airport work so much better that Suvanaboom?

Immigration in and out are so much faster, with far fewer desks and staff.

Baggage comes out so much faster

The taxis are properly managed

Whay can't the 'managers' take a trip to Changi to see why this should be?

Why does Singapore airport work so much better that Suvanaboom?

Immigration in and out are so much faster, with far fewer desks and staff.

Baggage comes out so much faster

The taxis are properly managed

Whay can't the 'managers' take a trip to Changi to see why this should be?

Far less corruption, better Air Traffic management, fewer mental midgets at the desks..... sure the list could go on... AND is Singapore the HUB of anything??

dmk belongs to the airforce and most of the concessions for various services required to run an airport there are probably granted to related entities...

next question please... :o

What is AoT's role at Don Muang?

Perhaps you should have a look here before you respond:

http://www2.airportthai.co.th/airportnew/i...th.html?lang=en

AoT = Lessee

Airforce = Lessor

and you should look here :D

dmk belongs to the airforce and most of the concessions for various services required to run an airport there are probably granted to related entities...

AoT = Lessee

Airforce = Lessor

Thank you - I have done that.

13 Directors

10 are government/civil service, 5 of whom also hold company directorships, and another who is also in the airforce

1 is retired airforce, with no directorships

2 are employed by private companies, one of them an accounting/audit firm.

Which all proves what?

That the Airforce is granting concessions to related entitites?

Or AoT, which is responsible for business conducted at DM, is granting concessions to related entities on their own initiative, or at the behest of the Airforce?

AoT = Lessee

Airforce = Lessor

Thank you - I have done that.

13 Directors

10 are government/civil service, 5 of whom also hold company directorships, and another who is also in the airforce

1 is retired airforce, with no directorships

2 are employed by private companies, one of them an accounting/audit firm.

Which all proves what?

That the Airforce is granting concessions to related entitites?

Or AoT, which is responsible for business conducted at DM, is granting concessions to related entities on their own initiative, or at the behest of the Airforce?

10 are graduates of the national defence college and 2 are ranked airforce officers...

it has been like this for the last 50 years and will be the same for some time to come... :D