Where Can I Buy Yeast And Various Flours?

Well, where can they be obtained? Does Tesco, Big C or makro carry any?

Oh, anyone ever seen butter milk anywhere on Samui?

Thanks for any input.

Edited by limbos

Macro does, they have a few different flour types, in one area, and the yeast ( if I remember correctly) is on the very end of the western foods aisle closest to the liquor section. The flour is at the same end as well , 2 or 3 aisles in further.

And yes SanPetch has flour as well, but I.m not sure about the yeast.

Ps where did you get your bread maker, and how much ?

Well, where can they be obtained? Does Tesco, Big C or makro carry any?

Oh, anyone ever seen butter milk anywhere on Samui?

Thanks for any input.

Try TOPS in Chaweng. Last time I was in there, they had a variety if flours from Waitrose (?) if I remember correctly.

Macro does, they have a few different flour types, in one area, and the yeast ( if I remember correctly) is on the very end of the western foods aisle closest to the liquor section. The flour is at the same end as well , 2 or 3 aisles in further.

Sanpetch does have yeast as well,so does tesco,yeast & flour.Wife says Tesco bread flour better then Macro's.

There is also a dedicated shop in Lamai, small entrance opposite the vicinity of Top Harves,many hotels buy bread flour there

yummyyyyyy home made bread.

If there are none available on the island you can order online from verasu.com--they ship. I've been to their very large store on Wireless road as well as their store in Lad Prao, so they are a legitimate company.

If there are none available on the island you can order online from verasu.com--they ship. I've been to their very large store on Wireless road as well as their store in Lad Prao, so they are a legitimate company.

Verasu is correct, that's where I got mine, after being tipped off about them in te Isaan forum! Thanks!

Got the severin, but the bread holder is a bit small, advantage over the Hitachi seems to be the programmable factor.

verasu was spot on, whilst online putting through the order, they contacted me already by phone. Delivery costs are 270,-THB.

Thanks for the tips, to all! Will try Tesco, Makro and Nathon. Next time in lamai will look there as well.

Any idea on how long you can keep flour and yeast? Flour should be fine in the freezer but yeast?

Nobody with butter milk??? Gues that's a tough one here in the LOS.

Flour should be fine in the freezer but yeast?

The yeast is the dry powder kind.

Never found real yeast here.

If you have request of specific flour, try ask the bakary in Makro.

Edited by PoorSucker

Limbos, you can use a buttermilk substitute, obviously not for drinking but it works for baking.

Substitute undrained, plain yogurt or sour cream, whisked with a little milk to thin, in recipes that call for buttermilk.

Or combine a tablespoon of white vinegar or lemon juice with enough milk to make 1 cup. Set the latter mixture aside for five minutes before using.

And I have seen the dry yeast in San Petch market, they have a pretty good selection of baking goods in the back.

Got flour and dry yeast, forget to get sourdough powder!

Baking suspended for a few hours.

Thanks again for the tips regarding buttermilk SBK.

Edited by limbos

Got flour and dry yeast, forget to get sourdough powder!

Baking suspended for a few hours.

Thanks again for the tips regarding buttermilk SBK.

south of lami after the pizza hat sign 1km b4 grand father rock there was a supplier with a vast assortment of flours, dried fruit, nuts, chocolate etc... all your baking needs.

Sanpetch does have yeast as well,so does tesco,yeast & flour.Wife says Tesco bread flour better then Macro's.

There is also a dedicated shop in Lamai, small entrance opposite the vicinity of Top Harves,many hotels buy bread flour there

Roo, can you be a bit more precise where this shop is in Lamai, since Top Harves doesn't ring a bell at all.

Anybody else (incl. Roo!), where can I get sourdough powder? Need i for the Wholemeaql bread but can't seem to find it.

Roo, can you be a bit more precise where this shop is in Lamai, since Top Harves doesn't ring a bell at all.

Anybody else (incl. Roo!), where can I get sourdough powder? Need i for the Wholemeaql bread but can't seem to find it.

Will find exact location for you & let you know.

Don't need sourdough for breadmaker as Mrs Rooo informs me.Attached is recipe.

Doesn't seem clear,I copies it.

QuickS ourdoughB read

Do not use the delay bake option for thls rec pe.

LargeL oaf( 7509)

7g dry yeast (2rl, teaspoons)

4809 pla n f our (3 cups)

109 sugar (2 teaspoons)

2.59 salt ( ' / , teaspoon)

209 mar garine( 1 tablespoon)

r/, cup plain yogu r t

1 tab espoonl emonj urce

20Omlsw ater

Edited by Rooo