Where Can I Buy Xbox 360 Games In Chiang Mai?

Theyreallrubbish

Where can I buy Xbox 360 games? I can only find places that sell PC games or playstation 1 and 2 games. I've been on several wild goose chases sent by vendors at those stores and there doesn't seem to be a seller in the city!

Anybody actually bought Xbox 360 games here, or do I have to go to Bangkok to get them!

Top floor of airport plaza near the movie cinemas.

Ground floor, near the bottom of the escalator in Tesco Lotus on the super highway opposite Lanna hospital.

Central Kad Suan Keaw, there are a couple of shops on the higher levels.

Or Central and Robinsons department stores.

Top floor of airport plaza near the movie cinemas.

Ground floor, near the bottom of the escalator in Tesco Lotus on the super highway opposite Lanna hospital.

Central Kad Suan Keaw, there are a couple of shops on the higher levels.

Or Central and Robinsons department stores.

Thanks, I'll check these places out. Wasted ages finding out Pantip Plaza doesn't sell them!

Try Neo Entertainment Gallery on the 4th floor of Central Airport Plaza. They mostly sell hi-end video and audio equipment, but I did see a few playstation 3s for sale and some games I think. The owner, Roe, will probably order Xbox 360 games for you if you ask.

• 1 year later...

Another place is a tiny shop, went there looking for PS3 games, he had loads of XBox games, think they were for 360 from memory.

Location is west side of moat near the place that sells the garden stuff and hardware shop about 3/4 way down to the left hand corner of the moat, sorry crap with directions but know where it is! Sometimes has a PS3 sign outside but not always. Hard to see if driving. Small shop with the door on left hand side.

Alternatively, there is a shop on 3rd or 4th level of Central (not Airport Central) in between the main area where the escalators are and the big Sports Shop.

post-65233-1262690701_thumb.jpg

Ebay is a good option...but make sure you know what Xbox you have and buy the right games for that system.

Not worth getting a system chipped? At 60 baht a game? I have a chipped Xbox and Wii, and have bought hundreds of games for about 60 baht each in BKK.

Most games I try for 5 minutes and never play again, and if I had wasted $60 on that game, I'd be pretty annoyed, so not sure why anyone would say that, unless Xbox live is important to you.

Hard to find a shop to chip the Xbox. Most are still afraid of older systems with older motherboards that suffer the "Red Ring of Death" (RROD).

The shop mentioned in Airport central near the cinema, chips the xbox360 with the latest chip, I had mine done a few month ago. So far no problems. This is the second time he's done work for me has I had my PS2 chipped with him a few years ago.

Yeah, since Microsoft just banned over 1 million Xboxes for life from Live for being modded, I don't find it worthwhile. So unless you have no desrie what so ever to ever have your system updated etc, go with a chip.

On top of that, chipping a Wii is even more pointless since you can now soft mod them to load any game off an SD card or external harddrive, you can simply reflash it to go back to normal.

The shops mentioned, do they sell real "jing jing" games or copies?

I'm after somewhere in CM that sells real games as I like to use Xbox live.

Play Asia sells them and ships to Thailand for about 500 baht.

The shops mentioned, do they sell real "jing jing" games or copies?

I'm after somewhere in CM that sells real games as I like to use Xbox live.

Play Asia sells them and ships to Thailand for about 500 baht.

They might have a handful of games, but most will be copies.

Funny, the most real games I ever saw was on the 3rd floor of the mall in Phitsanulok.

Guilt friends into visiting you, and then have them load up their suitcases :)

and thanks for the info about Live.

The best place to buy xbox games is a little shop near the train station. copied games that is. they sell all consoles and all games, it's much cheaper than the shops in department stores.

go down the train station road, take a left and cross over the tracks, go over the next junction, and it is on the left opposite a petrol station.

got literally hundreds of xbox 360 games. 100 baht each. consoles, controllers etc. much cheaper than elsewhere. got ps3's, ps2's, wii's, handhelds and all accessories. the owner's well friendly and will recommend games...

yeah, you might get kicked off xbox live (it happened to me last month), but it ain't worth it! live is pretty lame, and not worth buying all your games at full prices!

hope my directions are okay

peace

• 4 weeks later...
The best place to buy xbox games is a little shop near the train station. copied games that is. they sell all consoles and all games, it's much cheaper than the shops in department stores.

go down the train station road, take a left and cross over the tracks, go over the next junction, and it is on the left opposite a petrol station.

got literally hundreds of xbox 360 games. 100 baht each. consoles, controllers etc. much cheaper than elsewhere. got ps3's, ps2's, wii's, handhelds and all accessories. the owner's well friendly and will recommend games...

yeah, you might get kicked off xbox live (it happened to me last month), but it ain't worth it! live is pretty lame, and not worth buying all your games at full prices!

peace

I searchedT out this place and found it, they got all kind of games, 100 ht for xbox games and 60 bht for ps2 games. Im looking for a console and games. I think i will go for the ps2 because as mentioned that seems to have the most and cheapest games. What do you think?? suggestions.

They sell the system for 4600 bht. Unless someone is selling one, i may go for it.

• 9 months later...

Which train station road, is this in Chiangmai? Did anyone have their address?

peace

I searchedT out this place and found it, they got all kind of games, 100 ht for xbox games and 60 bht for ps2 games. Im looking for a console and games. I think i will go for the ps2 because as mentioned that seems to have the most and cheapest games. What do you think?? suggestions.

They sell the system for 4600 bht. Unless someone is selling one, i may go for it.

It depends on which flash you have of the 360 mod. The older firmware flash was more easily detectable over xbox live. I believe the most recent firmware update (to allow you to play 'backup' games is nearly undectable at least currently).

Many people don't update their firmware once they have a flashed dvd rom drive and get caught out. It is quite easy to do your self as well if you have a pc and can plug your dvd drive into an IDE port.

Ok, so here we go with this topic again!

1. Modded Xbox 360 consoles will work fine on Xbox live. You do need to have the latest mod though.

When you log onto Xbox live and register the servers take a snapshot of your firmware version. At random / periodic times they check the firmware running on your machine and if it differs from their records .... bye bye live!

2. Colpy games will never last as long as original games as they do not have the protective coating on the discs and become scratched too easily.

3. Xbox live can be accessed within Thailand, it will be the consistantly poor / slow service provided here that will limit your fun on live.

4. The games shop near the train station is called PAE GAMES. They open around midday every day and can be contacted on 083-5736501 or 086-1792323. They have a limited amount of original games as I'm sure you'll understand the average Thai who has managed to save enough for the console can hardly afford £25 - £45 a game every couple of weeks.

They can mod the console for you as well as pretty much anything else including iPad/iPhones & PS3's

As mentioned earlier they are very helpful people and will gladly give as much information as possible as they are as much gamers as business people (probably more so). Their english language skill are more than adaquate so you should be fine there.

The other good thing is that they will tell you that if you have a problem with a game, even a copy, just to bring it back and they will sort it out for you.

• 3 months later...

3. Xbox live can be accessed within Thailand, it will be the consistantly poor / slow service provided here that will limit your fun on live.

Sorry to drag this thread up, but I just got back to Thailand and I've hooked my Xbox360 up with LIVE and it FLIES. Very, very fast.

I have TRUE 20MBPS service, that's another thing that's improved dramatically since i left. Very fast internet.

I downloaded the Fight Night Champions demo (1 gig) in 4 mins :)

Sorry to drag this thread up, but I just got back to Thailand and I've hooked my Xbox360 up with LIVE and it FLIES. Very, very fast.

I have TRUE 20MBPS service, that's another thing that's improved dramatically since i left. Very fast internet.

I had nothing but trouble with it lol but don't have anywhere near that kind of bandwith. I'm not really too bothered over live anyway if truth be told. Hope your enjoying it

I had nothing but trouble with it lol but don't have anywhere near that kind of bandwith. I'm not really too bothered over live anyway if truth be told. Hope your enjoying it

Cheers mate, I use it to play Sports games online. Also, I use the Video Kinnect to chat with my brother a couple of times per week. TRUE 20MBPS costs around 1200 baht a month which is pretty good value IMO. They have 30MPBS for 1700, also good value IMO. Their top speed is 100MBPS, which blew me away as I didn't expect Thailand to have that kind of speed available in Chiang Mai. It's around 4500 baht per month though. I am happy enough with the 20MBPS and may upgrade to the 30 later. At this stage though, Xbox LIVE is flying, Youtube HD plays flawlessly and I can watch streaming sports like the NBA in HD without any lag at all. Pretty good stuff :)

There's a shop inside Computer Plaza on the 2nd floor by the SW corner of the mall. They sell genuine xbox games and accessories. Computer Plaza is the one nex to Icon Square.

Originals, that's good to know. Cheers :)

Cheers mate, I use it to play Sports games online. Also, I use the Video Kinnect to chat with my brother a couple of times per week. TRUE 20MBPS costs around 1200 baht a month which is pretty good value IMO. They have 30MPBS for 1700, also good value IMO. Their top speed is 100MBPS, which blew me away as I didn't expect Thailand to have that kind of speed available in Chiang Mai. It's around 4500 baht per month though. I am happy enough with the 20MBPS and may upgrade to the 30 later. At this stage though, Xbox LIVE is flying, Youtube HD plays flawlessly and I can watch streaming sports like the NBA in HD without any lag at all. Pretty good stuff :)

depends what area you are in as i checked last week and i can not get it in soi chang khain just by doi sutep .

It seems to be the main roads in the city.

Which train station road, is this in Chiangmai? Did anyone have their address?

peace

what do you mean 'which train station road'? it's the road where the Choo Choo's go down? yes even Chiang Mai has Choo Choo's doh

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

peace

Hey EKF...

actually, that is a petrol plant from the looks of it... looking for a petrol station threw me off.. well, that and the wife (reading your directions) did not know what petrol was! hahahah)... anyways.. found the place and found them very helpful... BUT...was sorely disappointed in their pricing.

I wanted a wii nunchuk and they said their copies had to be bought as a pair with the controller (meaning like 1200 baht) because a copy nunchuk would not work with a real unpaired controller. A "real" nunchuk was 800 baht... still at least it could be bought separately.. in airport central plaza they only sold them in pairs (assuming those were real, but you never know - and much more expensive)

Anyways... went back to ebay, where i have bought controllers, nunchuks, separate, together, whatever... and picked up a nunchuk for less than 5 USD delivered to thailand... ordered from these folks before so i know takes about 2 weeks wait, but the savings is worth it.