Mozzarella Health Scare

From the Bangkok Post breaking news.

Singapore pizza: Hold that mozzarella

Singapore (dpa) - Singapore has banned all sales of Italian mozzarella cheese made from buffalo milk after high levels of a potentially deadly chemical were found by Italian authorities, health officials said on Saturday.

The ban is a precautionary move, said the Agri-Food and Veterinary Authority (AVA). No one in the city-state has become sick from the chemical dioxin.

Italian officials said Wednesday that they had discovered moderately high levels of dioxin in 25 mozzarella factories, raising fears that the buffalos had eaten contaminated grass.

Full article here http://www.bangkokpost.com/breaking_news/b...s.php?id=126784

The substance in the contamination is called dioxine, a cancer causing substance from contaminated food animal eat or pollution. Many countries have banned these fresh mozzarella from buffalo milk, but not Thailand.

Anyway, anyone wants to try fresh Mozzarella from buffalo milk made in Thailand?

The substance in the contamination is called dioxine, a cancer causing substance from contaminated food animal eat or pollution. Many countries have banned these fresh mozzarella from buffalo milk, but not Thailand. Anyway, anyone wants to try fresh Mozzarella from buffalo milk made in Thailand?

i think ill take a pass on that one,,, just asking for trouble,, a little bad burrata goes a long way

The substance in the contamination is called dioxine, a cancer causing substance from contaminated food animal eat or pollution. Many countries have banned these fresh mozzarella from buffalo milk, but not Thailand.

Anyway, anyone wants to try fresh Mozzarella from buffalo milk made in Thailand?

There is domestic buffalo mozzarella in Thailand, I think the brand name is Caroline... It's cheaper than the imports and pretty good actually. So far, I've only seen it sold in small containers that are sealed and dated. More than once, I've gotten some expensive imported mozzarella from the Tops or Villa deli counter only to get home and find that it's spoiled. :o

There is domestic buffalo mozzarella in Thailand, I think the brand name is Caroline... It's cheaper than the imports and pretty good actually. So far, I've only seen it sold in small containers that are sealed and dated. More than once, I've gotten some expensive imported mozzarella from the Tops or Villa deli counter only to get home and find that it's spoiled. :o

unfortunetaly, its not really big news to bring home spoiled foods from VILLA actually.....