Cost In Thailand

alexjxaver

me and 2 other people are coming to thailand midway through december, and are staying for a month. I am going to stay in bangkok, and know how much it will cost me. But the others do not want to stay in bangkok, they want to be there for a few days, but then they want to go down to phuket and koh saumi and places like that. How much does a tourist normaly spend for a month in these places? we are not looking to do anything fancy, just a normal vacation.

High season in Phuket and Koh Samui - cost will probably be at least the same as your estimate for Bangkok.

What do you regard as 'normal' tourist activities?

On Phuket there are many trips, shows such as Fantasea, so on. Koh Samui is basically about a beach life and getting rat-assed at night. (Apologies to any member who doesn't :o )

List a string of activities - level of hotel - restaurants - so on and we will price it.

my cost in bangkok is problay a bit off

because i am staying at a boxing camp

and it is insanley cheap

for them

mabey 1 or 2 nice restarants a week, and just local cheap places other times

not shure about the hotel yet, problay something nice but not super fancy

problay over the month, they will go to 5 or 6 shows, or trips

but they are woried about the price and will probaly not do to much

we are from the nasty snowy part of NY and are contend with just hanging out at the beach, and places that we dont have up here

I will stick my neck out here and guess about  2000USD per person per month.

Me 3 would concur, unless they're sharing rooms and go slow on the "juice" etc. of course. Then 2kUSD might be somewhat high.

But then again, having planned for a budget above what you're actually spending most of us are so very upwardly flexible... :o

Going at it full speed down in Phuket spending 3-4 kUSD/month is NO problem...

/// dfw

Then 2kUSD might be somewhat high.

But then again, having planned for a budget above what you're actually spending most of us are so very upwardly flexible... :D

As a first timer to Thailand I would bring more money (credit cards/travelers checks, some cash), rather tan too little.

Depending on your lodging-, travel-, dining- and entertainment needs, you might end up spending anywhere between 500 and 3000 USDs per person and month... :o