Best Bar To Watch The Football In

bangkok blue

My mate recommended John's place which I've gone to for the last few weekends, however last night was put off by cockroaches climbing all over the bar!

Where do most people on here go for the Premier league?

The Red Lion has a big screen and opens the soundtrack - in English. Reds supporter with an Everton scarf on display!!!

My mate recommended John's place which I've gone to for the last few weekends, however last night was put off by cockroaches climbing all over the bar!

There's, as always, the electric atmosphere of the most traditional English Pub in Chiang Mai 'The Pub' where the fanatical supporters of the NE England Clubs together with a sprinkling of 'others' (sorry Grahame) gather around the 'Big' - and I mean 'Big' screen to offer their professional analysis. All this and a Garden Bar-B-Q (all you can eat 150 Baht) prior to kick-off makes The Pub, the place for any Saturday night. And not a cockroach in sight!

See ya down at The Pub

Grahame

There's, as always, the electric atmosphere of the most traditional English Pub in Chiang Mai 'The Pub' where the fanatical supporters of the NE England Clubs together with a sprinkling of 'others' (sorry Grahame) gather around the 'Big' - and I mean 'Big' screen to offer their professional analysis. All this and a Garden Bar-B-Q (all you can eat 150 Baht) prior to kick-off makes The Pub, the place for any Saturday night. And not a cockroach in sight!

See ya down at The Pub

Grahame

Some unabashed self promotion.....................

Electric atmosphere......................zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz ..............

See ya down at The Pub

Grahame

Don't see anything wrong with that..he just trying to make a honest living I guess. Maybe a little support for one the the 'small guys' wouldn't go amiss!

Cheers

See ya down at The Pub

Grahame

Don't see anything wrong with that..he just trying to make a honest living I guess. Maybe a little support for one the the 'small guys' wouldn't go amiss!

Cheers

I guess you are regular.................. tell us about the electric atmosphere...............lets face it the place is dead....(almost literally)

Mad Dog often has a good showing of football supporters. You can even check the TV schedule online, having said that they have three screens each with an independent feed and democracy seems to decide which event is shown on the main screen so they are able to keep the F1 fans and the football fans happy if match/race times clash.

JxP

The UN Irish pub shows most Pemier league games on Saturday and Sunday. They have 3 screens and often show two games at a time. They have a mix of customers young and old. They have all the beers and Guinness on draught. I have been to many of CMs bars, but this one ticks most of the boxes when it comes to footie. They advertise all there matches and times on large chalk boards and on monthly sports fixture brochure.