Anyone Out There In The Metal Stamping Business?

Rethinking my original post I thought it might be better to clarify.

I opened up an independent business as a tool designer 8 months ago after working as a Tooling and Engineering Manager at a multi-national company in Samutprakan for 1-1/2 years. My current customers are all U.S.-based. I want to expand into an international market to increase my customer base and/or partner with others.

I'm interested in contacting people here in Thailand (or abroad; the UK, Germany, Australia, Japan, etc.) who work in the metal stamping business. Any category would be fine; automotive, computer, appliance, etc. I design just about anything, but specialize in progressive tools.

I'm also looking for resources such as manufacturer listings, preferrably those with detailed listings providing capabilities, market type, contact info, etc., from any of these countries.

Direct contacts, if available, would most certainly work, too. There are always people who know people (who know people) who are in the industry. Friends, family, etc.

I'm trying to be as thorough as I can here, so in case I left anything out that someone might feel would be an avenue or lead, please let me know.

Thanks,

Pete

I'm interested in contacting people here in Thailand (or abroad; the UK, Germany, Australia, Japan, etc.) who work in the metal stamping business.  Any category would be fine; automotive, computer, appliance, etc.  I design just about anything, but specialize in progressive tools.

I'm also looking for resources such as manufacturer listings, preferrably those with detailed listings providing capabilities, market type, contact info, etc., from any of these countries.

Search kompass.com

Regarding Thai companies, you can find a lot of stuff in English at the library of the DEP (department of export promotion) on Rachadapisek Road in BKK. You might also find a steel association in Thailand...

Search kompass.com

Regarding Thai companies, you can find a lot of stuff in English at the library of the DEP (department of export promotion) on Rachadapisek Road in BKK. You might also find a steel association in Thailand...

Thanks, Frequentatore. Kompass.com looks to be a good site. I'll definitely be spending time there, probably lots.

Richard Hall, a frequenter of this site, turned me on to a hard cover industry listing of factories in Thailand categorized by product. A pretty good book for 1,800 Baht at Se-Ed. The company profiles are a bit lacking in information regarding capabilities but have all the pertinent contact info.

I'd be interested in the same type industrial listings from other countries, too. Still researching, but I'll post my findings for anyone else who might be interested.

Still hoping that I can connect with anyone in Thailand who's into metal stampings, especially design. Would like to work with another designer, whether farang or Thai.

But any personal info I can get on the Thai market would be great, too.

• 1 year later...

Dear Khun Pete

Could you please advice me how I can export the metal stamping to my overseas customer. It sounds funny I don't have much information about this machine and never have involved in this industry before.

Base on your experience, If you could find me a reliable manufacturer who can supply the metal stamping for me, we maybe start doing our a business together.

Your kind cooperation is highly appreciated.

Yours sincerely;

Chalothorn.

Tel 06 6206047.

Looking for people in the metal stamping business in Thailand or abroad to share experiences and resources.

Pete