Member Of Parliament Assaulted At Parliament By Opponent

george

For the record and to clarify through the smoke, it is Karun that has been found guilty of both assault and libel.

My contribution was simply to note we are talking about, in the person of Somkiat, a reactionary of the first order - whom Abhisit and even Suthep disdain - poisoning the Democrats' good name.Some people - not you of course - might think this is an interesting and relevant point, and that Karun in giving him a kicking, if that is indeed what he did, was rendering a valuable public service.

If you consider someone with a history of physical violence, including domestic violence against his wife, is rendering a valuable public service, then it helps others to understand your point of view.

Your attacking, of all people the recipient of this violence, Somkiat, further clarifies for others.

Thanks for further clarifying through the smoke. Readers appreciate that.

This reader does.

Thanks jayboy.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your attacking, of all people the recipient of this violence, Somkiat, further clarifies for others.

Just sharing the disdain of the man, a notorious PAD creep, voiced by Abhisit and Suthep.Abhisit actually suggested he should leave the Democrat Party.

Odd you somehow didn't find the time to mention this, and now become agitated because I pointed it out.Or on the other hand perhaps not so odd because it doesn't fit in with your "narrative" of events.

It's laughable the emotions you assign to others.

"Agitated" :lol:

What isn't laughable to me is that your assailing a man who was on the receiving end of violence is very much akin to the rationale of a rape victim deserving what she got... or in Karun's case, his wife deserving to be smacked around by him.

Somkiat has a different political point of view than him, so he slugs him and you blame the victim.

Similar to your repetitive efforts to flame other posters with your repetitive vitriol... it's no wonder you can relate easier to Karun.

Edited by Buchholz

Hoping for a bit of clarification. Another paper says that we was convicted on the charge of assault. It would be amazing that the maximum penalty for such a conviction is only 30 days in jail, but I suppose anything is possible in Amazing Thailand. Is the penal code really that light on assault?

It also pointed out that in court the convict refused to apologize for the attack and furthermore he stated that his actions were intentional.

While it appears that this is his first actual conviction, given his checkered past, as highlighted earlier, it seems incredulous that this person will remain as a Member of Parliament.

I also guess nothing developed further from his earlier troubles justifying the degree he received from a diploma mill in the Philippines.

He's a Thaksin bag man. Nothing really incredible about it. Takki Shinegra needs men of honor like this, to defend himself against the people trying to steal his lawfully earned money. :)

Your wit and Sarcasm is duly noted, and of course very much appreciated by Myself and no doubt many other members too, keep up the good work ;) ;) ;)

What isn't laughable to me is that your assailing a man who was on the receiving end of violence is very much akin to the rationale of a rape victim deserving what she got... or in Karun's case, his wife deserving to be smacked around by him.

Is Somkiat married to Karun? Sorry I didn't know.

In all seriousness I don't think you are making much sense.You can go off on a wife beating diversion if you like but that's not what the thread is about.If you object to Somkiat's grimy background (take it up with Abhisit who shares my position) being revealed so be it.That's part of the to and fro of a free forum.

And I don't have a brief for Karun so please don't suggest otherwise.And as a polite word of advice don't be relentlessly uncritical of wrong doers just because they share your extreme right wing views.You would be taken more seriously if you were a little more flexible.

Hoping for a bit of clarification. Another paper says that we was convicted on the charge of assault. It would be amazing that the maximum penalty for such a conviction is only 30 days in jail, but I suppose anything is possible in Amazing Thailand. Is the penal code really that light on assault?

It also pointed out that in court the convict refused to apologize for the attack and furthermore he stated that his actions were intentional.

While it appears that this is his first actual conviction, given his checkered past, as highlighted earlier, it seems incredulous that this person will remain as a Member of Parliament.

I also guess nothing developed further from his earlier troubles justifying the degree he received from a diploma mill in the Philippines.

He's a Thaksin bag man. Nothing really incredible about it. Takki Shinegra needs men of honor like this, to defend himself against the people trying to steal his lawfully earned money. :)

Always loved LawnGnome - that guy had style....whistling.gif

So now we have the constant apologist saying that assault and libel is a public service?

I think it is clear that Karun is a loose gun, a troublemaker, a nutcase and more. That he 'happens' to kick a person of equal low level once, unless you are going to claim his wife, the guard at Suvanaphumi and others are also not worthy of your respect as fellow humans, doesn't excuse him.

Even a blind hen can find a cord at times. Doesn't make her less blind. Or Karun less of a loose cannon. Or criminal.

So now we have the constant apologist saying that assault and libel is a public service?

I think it is clear that Karun is a loose gun, a troublemaker, a nutcase and more. That he 'happens' to kick a person of equal low level once, unless you are going to claim his wife, the guard at Suvanaphumi and others are also not worthy of your respect as fellow humans, doesn't excuse him.

Even a blind hen can find a cord at times. Doesn't make her less blind. Or Karun less of a loose cannon. Or criminal.

Nice summation.

Apologist for violence.

I don't disagree with your view on Karun, and certainly I haven't defended his bad behaviour.I'm slightly surprised that you suggest I have (because though our politics differ you struck me as someone basically sane).

"Giving someone a kicking" is apart from those with severe sense of humour failure a phrase not usually taken literally.If it offends, naturally I retract it.

My only point in posting was to comment on the elephant in the room (note to Buchholz - not an actual elephant:it's a figure of speech) namely the self censorship involved in avoiding any comment on the nasty quasi fascist politics of the "kickee", too extreme for both Abhisit and even Suthep.

It appears to have been an altercation between guttersnipes. The court adjudicated and justice was rendered .I find that in many cases, when thugs attack it tends to be other thugs as they squabble over turf. Some people run off at the mouth and act as agent provacateurs, eventually p*ssing off the wrong person. They should then not plead innocence when they have a run in with a "peer". It is a bit odd that the target of the assault who suffered no physical harm is being played up as some sort of martyr, a virgin who had his political innocence taken.

I wonder if some people weighing in with such ferocity understand that sometimes a loudmouth will get a smack in the head. It's part of life.

It appears to have been an altercation between guttersnipes. The court adjudicated and justice was rendered .I find that in many cases, when thugs attack it tends to be other thugs as they squabble over turf. Some people run off at the mouth and act as agent provacateurs, eventually p*ssing off the wrong person. They should then not plead innocence when they have a run in with a "peer". It is a bit odd that the target of the assault who suffered no physical harm is being played up as some sort of martyr, a virgin who had his political innocence taken.

I wonder if some people weighing in with such ferocity understand that sometimes a loudmouth will get a smack in the head. It's part of life.

So, in short, it's OK to beat people up if you don't like them?

I don't disagree with your view on Karun, and certainly I haven't defended his bad behaviour.I'm slightly surprised that you suggest I have (because though our politics differ you struck me as someone basically sane).

"Giving someone a kicking" is apart from those with severe sense of humour failure a phrase not usually taken literally.If it offends, naturally I retract it.

My only point in posting was to comment on the elephant in the room (note to Buchholz - not an actual elephant:it's a figure of speech) namely the self censorship involved in avoiding any comment on the nasty quasi fascist politics of the "kickee", too extreme for both Abhisit and even Suthep.

Again, it doesn't matter who he kicked as this isn't an isolated incident. To try to make it about the 'kickee' is just a misdirection - but somewhat to be expected.

But, again, as this is just a case out of a string of public violence displayed by Karun I doubt it really matters that the 'kickee' isn't Snow White - it is mere 'luck' and not to be taken into consideration when it comes to a serial violent-offender. IMHO ofcourse.

Some are saying it's a public service to physically beat them up and smack them around for any sort of verbalizing a difference of opinion.

Sticks, stones, and words break them.

Edited by Buchholz

No, but it happens when an obnoxious jerk crosses paths with the wrong person. I have a work colleague that is prone tolosing his cool. An otherwise decent chap, but if some twerp provokes him, he'll react in manner which a gentleman like myself would not.

Quite civilized I think; it needs practice to have a real fight in Parliament:

Taiwan:

India:

Bolivia - South American style with a swing and they KNOW HOW to fight :D

Taiwan, again; women only :o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1o68Vip5O4...feature=related

Sri Lanka:

Czech Republic

Kenya - African Style trying how strong the furniture is... :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WtlUFN2Vxw...feature=related

Moscow:

LaoPo :D

Thanks for the links!!!

Look at the women rushing in to give Thaksin flowers or cry in his presence and look at this poor loser with a fake degree who made it to parliament, thanks to the help of a political party that doesn't mind criminals and fakes in it's ranks, one constant thought behind their actions, that of being rewarded by the Little Emperor himself, zombies.

Spot on, TC

No, but it happens when an obnoxious jerk crosses paths with the wrong person. I have a work colleague that is prone tolosing his cool. An otherwise decent chap, but if some twerp provokes him, he'll react in manner which a gentleman like myself would not.

The content of your latest post contradicts your opening "No". Nothing you additionally says changes your position is that is ok to give somebody a flying kick, even in Parliament, when they say something you don’t like.

All you have said is you don’t do it, but appear you are ok when somebody else does it. I assume that means as long as it not you that are the “kickee”. One would think that might change your tune a bit.

TH

Again, it doesn't matter who he kicked as this isn't an isolated incident. To try to make it about the 'kickee' is just a misdirection - but somewhat to be expected.

OK my last word on this subject since it's becoming tedious.

Actually the background of the "kickee" (Member of Parliament assaulted) does matter because that's partly what the thread is about.

Nobody, certainly not me, is defending Karun's record.

I don't aim to enlighten the reactionary faction but for normal forum members the unsavoury background of the "kickee' is , if not the only factor, a significant and relevant one.

Another example of the usual suspects censoring or only providing half truths because the reality doesn't conform with their preconceived narrative.

The NARRATIVE that bumped this thread is that a serial-offender, a man with a violent history, has gotten leniency from the court for being an MP and having a CLEAN RECORD. Which is beyond understanding.

He isn't clean. Or maybe he is in their eyes and that explains why there are so many equally clean in the parliament. They just lack any connection to reality.

Pheu Thai Party MP Karun Hosakul's aide Wiangsak Mathong spoke to police yesterday and denied his boss had a role in the killing of a Democrat Party canvasser in Karun's Don Muang district.

Chutidet Suwannakerd was a former canvasser for PTP MP Karun and had switched allegiance to the Democrat candidate in the district. He died after being shot seven times.

OK my last word on this subject since it's becoming tedious.

Actually the background of the "kickee" (Member of Parliament assaulted) does matter because that's partly what the thread is about.

Nobody, certainly not me, is defending Karun's record.

I don't aim to enlighten the reactionary faction but for normal forum members the unsavoury background of the "kickee' is , if not the only factor, a significant and relevant one.

Another example of the usual suspects censoring or only providing half truths because the reality doesn't conform with their preconceived narrative.

The 'kickee' asked for it?

Definitively not Thai, but what happened with "physical violence is a sign of verbal incompetence"?

Quite civilized I think; it needs practice to have a real fight in Parliament:

Taiwan:

India:

Bolivia - South American style with a swing and they KNOW HOW to fight :D

Taiwan, again; women only :o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1o68Vip5O4...feature=related

Sri Lanka:

Czech Republic

Kenya - African Style trying how strong the furniture is... :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WtlUFN2Vxw...feature=related

Moscow:

LaoPo :D

And perhaps most popular are the South Koreans who fight all the time. Nobody is usually seriously injured though.