Japanese Man Arrested For Selling Firearms

george

Japanese man arrested for selling firearms

BANGKOK: -- Police Friday arrested a Japanese man who was wanted for illegally producing and selling firearms to gangs in Japan and fled to Thailand four years ago.

Sakoshi Onoda, 54, was arrested in his rented apartment in Soi Ram Intra 5 in Bangkok's Bang Khen district along with two guns, ammunition, electric-shock devices, samurai swords and blueprints for the production of pen guns.

The suspect denied the items were his.

Hiding in Thailand, Onoda had made pen guns for youngsters and criminal gangs for two years, police said.

He was initially charged with illegal possession of firearms and ammunition, producing guns for others without permission and illegal entry into Thailand.

-- The Nation 2008-04-04

Hiding in Thailand, Onoda had made pen guns for youngsters and criminal gangs for two years, police said.

Just what every "youngster" needs - a pen gun. Used to be cell phone cases or the latest in Hello Kitty garb. Just what every schoolkid needs - a pen gun. Jeez.

Totally OT, but when I lived in the UK, I collected pen guns and other disguised weapons. (I had the neccessary licences etc). I had a collection of over 40 pen guns and guns disguised as walking sticks and umbrellas....

After the Dunplane shoortings, I had to surrender my pen guns. And when I moved to Thailand I couldn't import my other disguised weapons. They all had to be surrendered to the police for destruction, and no compensation - I lost out on about 20,000 pounds.....

Simon

Totally OT, but when I lived in the UK, I collected pen guns and other disguised weapons. (I had the neccessary licences etc). I had a collection of over 40 pen guns and guns disguised as walking sticks and umbrellas....

After the Dunplane shoortings, I had to surrender my pen guns. And when I moved to Thailand I couldn't import my other disguised weapons. They all had to be surrendered to the police for destruction, and no compensation - I lost out on about 20,000 pounds.....

Simon

Ah, so sorry.

But obviously the police did not name the class 5 dealer who would gladly have bought your wares.

When I relocated to Thailand I had to sell my (legal) guns in Holland.

Not for the best available price, but what can one expect.

I could not import those guns in Thailand too because of the calibre .455, .303, .38 Webley.

Not liked by Thailand!