Satellite Suggestions Please

Canuk_Al

Hello All;

I have a problem and am hoping that someone on Thai Visa might be able to help or send me off in the right direction?

My current set up is:

Dynasat 6’ and now 8’ Dish

Dynasat Receiver F-1 with upgrades (works)

I lived in Chiang Mai for many years and had a fixed 6’ satellite dish set on Aguila KU, I have now moved south around 200 km. to the Tak area and am having problems getting reception.

I contacted several local satellite companies but most don’t want to get involved as they only work with satellites that serve Thai’s. I did find two companies however who said they could set me up but first I would need to buy a new 8’ Dynasat dish. This I did but the installer still cannot get a signal strong enough to give a picture or sound.

At least this is what I have been told.

Has anyone a suggestion as to how I might get Aguila here in Tak?

Or some other satellite that I could use?

Thanks to all for you assistance. :o

Al

Hello LivinLOS;

A very good point and something I was going to address in a later post.

When I came to our home north of Tak (city) we fould it difficult to get land lines i.e. home telephone so what I did was what others have done here and that is to subscribe to CAT for a wireless modem service and then purchase the fastest modem that they have.

The modem is a C-Motech CCU-650 CDMA 1xEV-DO USB modem.

Supposedly has a speed of 2.4Mbs. but was told that one could expect between 500 and 800 kbps with the modem. Seems to work OK but has many disconnects which is frustrating. I have only had it for a few days now and am working through these issues as we speak!

Is this fast enough for movies etc?

If everything else fails there is always traditional UBC via satellite.

Thanks for the info!

Al

Hello longball53098;

It is now difficult to get I had to call several local cities before I found one.

CAT told me that this wireless modem/router is not usable in Bangkok!

Best to check out its coverage and viability with your local CAT company, usually in the post office!

Another point is the price expect to pay 11,000 Baht for this modem.

Hope this helps

Al :o

Hello All;

I have a problem and am hoping that someone on Thai Visa might be able to help or send me off in the right direction?

My current set up is:

Dynasat 6’ and now 8’ Dish

Dynasat Receiver F-1 with upgrades (works)

I lived in Chiang Mai for many years and had a fixed 6’ satellite dish set on Aguila KU, I have now moved south around 200 km. to the Tak area and am having problems getting reception.

I contacted several local satellite companies but most don’t want to get involved as they only work with satellites that serve Thai’s. I did find two companies however who said they could set me up but first I would need to buy a new 8’ Dynasat dish. This I did but the installer still cannot get a signal strong enough to give a picture or sound.

At least this is what I have been told.

Has anyone a suggestion as to how I might get Aguila here in Tak?

Or some other satellite that I could use?

Thanks to all for you assistance. :o

i cant understand why you cant get a good signal from agila 146 degrees with a 8 foot dish,i can get a very good signal

200 kilometres north of chaingmai with a 75 cm dish.

the agila satellite is situated were the sun comes up at 7 in the morning,but dream tv have annouced on their web site

that they are changing to nagra 3 this weekend so dream will be gone if no one can hack it.

the only other alternatives are to subscibe or card share through the internet

Al

I have the ten foot dish and use the silver box II with no problems, we receive all ch. are you sure you have the latest key code's input?. They will start sending the new receivers and cards good for one year within the next couple of months for approx. $180.oous dollars which includes shipping. If you need the keys pm me. Good Luck

I have deleted some posts regarding illegal practices!

Please keep the discussion legal.

Obviously Al just needs sufficient signal strength on the Agilla satellite in order to watch the Free To Air channels :o

Cheers,

Monty

Hey is this CAT EVDO modem available anywhere in LOS,,,,,,,,I am in Banchang, Rayong,,,,,,,,will it work here?

I think that Rayong is covered by Hutch.

Hutch upgraded to the EV-DO system in parts of Pattaya already, but I'm not sure they are doing the same in Rayong. My guess is you'll be stuck with CDMA 1X over there (144 kbps max speed, average around 80 kbps).

Hutch also doesn't stock the USB C-Motech modem, they only have a PCMCIA aircard, so it'll only work in a Laptop with the now outdated PCMCIA slot...