Waiters On Wheels

ruds

I order almost everyday from WOW before I used door to door and just got tired of the same restaurants,now I will stay with WOW until I need a change again back to DTD.I think both services will do well as long as they stay on the same track.Last night I ordered from Hongsa Kitchen with WOW and I thought it was very good,the also gave me a raffle ticket for 100,000bt for a drawing at Cheeries restaurant, my girl wants me to order everyday in her name now so if she wins it's her money.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

was contacted by last nights suppliers.... Indian palace, offering a free meal for the misunderstanding and poor standard of food from them. I like the idea that they are prepared to rectify any problems and do something about it. Because of that I will give them a try again!!! fair play to them!!!

• 4 weeks later...
I just ordered from waiters on wheels. heres what happened.

I ordered online because i havent got a menu booklet yet. and because i wanted it to be easier than phoning them.

the online ordering system is easy and good. it tells you how much your order is. and exactly what you are ordering before you CLICK "Submit order"

after i ordered it. it says "Someone will call you back within 5 mins" to confirm order

I waited 10 mins, and then they called.

This is where is gets slightly frustrating. she repeats every single part of what i had put online back to me!

my address, my order, my written directions for driver and tips and hints that i had put to make it easier for him. this took 6 mins!! really annoying with the language barrier..

basically it was a waste of time ordering online, it would have been far quicker and easier if i had phoned them and ordered it. at least then i wouldnt of had to wait 10 mins for them to phone me back only to repeat every single detail back to me. it took 16 mins from when i submitted order online to when i finished repeating order to the lady who called to confirm order.

she then said delivery will be before 1 hour.

I complained and said basically it should only be 30/40 mins, NOT 1 hour. she said it wont be 1 hour it will be under 1 hour. I said OK.

I ordered:

Indian food. chicken tikka masala curry, nan bread, pilouh rice, 330B, plus 60 delivery plus 10% service.

total 429B Not bad.. i am happy with the price.

I was very pleased that The delivery was here within 30 mins of when i had confirmed my order!

great timing considering i am deep in jomtien. the guy looked smart and had a nice shiney bike with HOT box on back. the food was still hot.

I look forward to using them again but will phone the order next time!

* If anyone from waiters on wheels is reading this I suggest that when you get an order online, just call the person back only to briefly make sure its a real order. no need to repeat the entire order and directions back to me! I already know it and have submitted it perfectly online. just check its a real order, and confirm total price and thats it! Also you got to call them within the agreed 5 mins, i thought that I had been forgotten until they phoned me after 10 mins of waiting.

I will use again for sure,

UPDATE* I have since ordered 2 mroe times online from wow, and I got called back within 1 minute both times and they did not make me repeat the order it was perfect. i highly recommend the online ordering to anyone. its so easy. I am impressed with wow they seem to have listenned to the feeback on this forum and taken immediate positive action ! fair play wow

media' youve wrote about 10 times your views on a food taxi service, about hotboxes and motorbikes drivers and telephones, why dont you go the extra mile and order a tin of spam from tops supermarket and compare times and telephone technique etc???

chris

I have used both D2D and WOW severaltimes.Both great services and no hiccups.

Particularly useful if like me, you have only a bike and it's p.....g it down.

Or if friends drop in unexpectedly.

Happy Noshing

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi,

I wanted to put in a plug for Nick the Pizza guy.

I dislike the crust in almost all Thai Pizza I have had. Nick has a very thin crust that appeals to me.

I'm from Northeastern America so nobody here understands a word I am saying. It gets worse over the phone. While they do not have online ordering on their website, they do understand what I say with a minimum of effort. I have not successfully ordered from anyone else over the phone. To top it off, they have delivered each time between 10 and 15 minutes (I'm not sure where they are located, I'm in Central Pattaya).

So if the TGF is away, and I don't feel like going out (I've been here way too long) I have an option.

And since I hate these posts that don't tell you the numbers, their's is 038-373-418.

I rarely post, but thank you for such a rich lurker field.

Thanks

Hi,

I wanted to put in a plug for Nick the Pizza guy.

I dislike the crust in almost all Thai Pizza I have had. Nick has a very thin crust that appeals to me.

I'm from Northeastern America so nobody here understands a word I am saying. It gets worse over the phone. While they do not have online ordering on their website, they do understand what I say with a minimum of effort. I have not successfully ordered from anyone else over the phone. To top it off, they have delivered each time between 10 and 15 minutes (I'm not sure where they are located, I'm in Central Pattaya).

So if the TGF is away, and I don't feel like going out (I've been here way too long) I have an option.

And since I hate these posts that don't tell you the numbers, their's is 038-373-418.

I rarely post, but thank you for such a rich lurker field.

Thanks

Not true, im sure your as load as the rest. :o:D:D

Edited by plasticpig

• 2 months later...

On the strength of media's posts I have just tried wow online. Ordering was easy, I was called back within seconds for address confirmation that took around 30 seconds, so literally within a minute of clicking send my order was being expedited...good show. Cost was, chicken biryani and onion baji = 240, + 10% service = 264 + 60 delivery = 314, so 340 gets me off easy.

By contrast, yesterday I used door2door, also for the first time, chose my order online and then called it through to an operator that understood English well enough for me not to have to repeat everything more than once. My order, at 215 bt, arrived 50 minutes later, which is fair enough because they did specify within an hour, but having paid with a 500 I was surprised to receive only 115 change. I did the math again, then checked the printed receipt, but it was far too feint for me to read!

Another 20 to the delivery kid, because after all it wasn't his fault, and I later called door2door to query the charge, having been here long enough to realise the futility. Their lady patiently ran it by me...215 for the order, 70 for delivery = 285, plus 10%, and we agreed on 314. Then, when I asked where the other 71 baht came from, she suddenly couldn't speak English well enough to communicate, and started explaining whatever it was in broken English, asked me to wait while she consulted, didn't return for a couple of minutes, at which point I realised it makes good sense to sign off and put it down to experience.

Btw, I'm not sure if others noticed the sneaky baht-grabbing methodology, but door2door add their 10% service charge to the order + delivery, while wow's 10% service charge is on the order alone, with delivery added later. This effectively has door2door's charging 77 bt for delivery, not 70 bt. For my part, I would rather give 100 bt to charity than be blatantly ripped off in a sneaky manner for that 7 bt, so they've lost me and through the best form of advertising, word of mouth, those I know, for common theft.

Next, my wow order arrived within 30 minutes, a pleasant smile from the lad and off he went...at which point the letdown arrived, a few soggy and cold, deep fried and oil steeped onion rings pretending to be baji, and the equivalent of a glorified kao pat gai. Can't blame wow for that and I shall use them again, but as a side issue am still on a quest for that elusive, fairly priced decent Indian meal in Pattaya...any offers?

On the strength of media's posts I have just tried wow online. Ordering was easy, I was called back within seconds for address confirmation that took around 30 seconds, so literally within a minute of clicking send my order was being expedited...good show. Cost was, chicken biryani and onion baji = 240, + 10% service = 264 + 60 delivery = 314, so 340 gets me off easy.

By contrast, yesterday I used door2door, also for the first time, chose my order online and then called it through to an operator that understood English well enough for me not to have to repeat everything more than once. My order, at 215 bt, arrived 50 minutes later, which is fair enough because they did specify within an hour, but having paid with a 500 I was surprised to receive only 115 change. I did the math again, then checked the printed receipt, but it was far too feint for me to read!

Another 20 to the delivery kid, because after all it wasn't his fault, and I later called door2door to query the charge, having been here long enough to realise the futility. Their lady patiently ran it by me...215 for the order, 70 for delivery = 285, plus 10%, and we agreed on 314. Then, when I asked where the other 71 baht came from, she suddenly couldn't speak English well enough to communicate, and started explaining whatever it was in broken English, asked me to wait while she consulted, didn't return for a couple of minutes, at which point I realised it makes good sense to sign off and put it down to experience.

Btw, I'm not sure if others noticed the sneaky baht-grabbing methodology, but door2door add their 10% service charge to the order + delivery, while wow's 10% service charge is on the order alone, with delivery added later. This effectively has door2door's charging 77 bt for delivery, not 70 bt. For my part, I would rather give 100 bt to charity than be blatantly ripped off in a sneaky manner for that 7 bt, so they've lost me and through the best form of advertising, word of mouth, those I know, for common theft.

Next, my wow order arrived within 30 minutes, a pleasant smile from the lad and off he went...at which point the letdown arrived, a few soggy and cold, deep fried and oil steeped onion rings pretending to be baji, and the equivalent of a glorified kao pat gai. Can't blame wow for that and I shall use them again, but as a side issue am still on a quest for that elusive, fairly priced decent Indian meal in Pattaya...any offers?

Ahaar from door 2 door is a good Indian, I've used door 2 door for a couple of years now and I've never had a problem with their service, i reckon you should have waited because I know for a fact that they take problems like this seriously and the owner has discussed with me before how important it is for him to get feedback so he can fix problems.

I've used WOW twice and I have to say that the service was OK but the food not always up to scratch, it sounds like you had the same Indian as i did which went straight in the bin.

:o

Another thing i'd say about door 2 door is that they actually make sure the food is good and any times i

My experience of both over years since D2D opened (and WonW recently) is rubbish. The food is worse than the equivalent food in the restaurant and if I got that rubbish in the restaurant I would send it back.

Now I'm not stupid enough to realise that some food does not travel but some does. Stuff which can be easily reheated is, or should be ok. Curry, chilli, soup, etc. Fried eggs, chips etc. do not travel well.

However, the restaurant prices are jacked up, service charges are added, as is delivery and the whole thing can cost twice the restaurant price. For that, it should come restaurant quality or as near as dam_n it.

I've given up on both, not because their service is intrinsically bad, but because the food it just not up to the price and the delivery mechanism is not developed enough. Think about Pizza Company. Hot Bag for a red hot pizza. Money spent in development. With the 2 Pattaya based options, they have invested nothing more than tin foil and Styrofoam cartons.

I also know that they both do not always give you a dedicated driver. That is taking the piss as they charge you for one. Just another reason why their food is often cold. One of them even does outsourced deliveries for a private pizza outlet !

Ahaar from door 2 door is a good Indian, I've used door 2 door for a couple of years now and I've never had a problem with their service, i reckon you should have waited because I know for a fact that they take problems like this seriously and the owner has discussed with me before how important it is for him to get feedback so he can fix problems.

I've used WOW twice and I have to say that the service was OK but the food not always up to scratch, it sounds like you had the same Indian as i did which went straight in the bin.

:o

Another thing i'd say about door 2 door is that they actually make sure the food is good and any times i

How do you think they do this, you think they check every order before its delivered? come on!