Price Of Work Permit Renewal

Hi,

Does anybody know if the prices for Work Permit renewals are uniform throughout Thailand or differ in the various provinces.

In my case, I'm having a Non Immigrant O visa, to be renewed for a month, whilst waiting for approval from Bangkok and if approved a one year renewal.

Tanks for your input.

Prices for Work Permit renewals are the same throughout the country.These are as follows.

up to 3 months extension=750 Baht

up to 6 months extension=1500 Baht

up to 1 year extensions =3000 Baht

Plus 100 Baht Application Fee each time u go to renew.

I m also under this process these months.Extending my Non-B,just extended by 2nd Monthly stamp.Costing 750+100 everytime.You have to waste this 750+100 every month until you finally get your 1 year one.What a *ucking waste of money. :o

Very right there,

My 'lawyer' charges me 1.500B for the monthly renewal untill the approval is there from BKK and then they charge me 4.500B.

2nd month waiting now, 3K spent already with the 4.5 still looming around the corner.

Utterly *ucking waste. :o

In regard to the fees charged by lawyers / agencies, then the answer is that there is a very very big difference in the fees they charge.

Suggest it might be worth checking the fees of Sunbelt Asia. And at same time get some solid answers to your other questions.

Hope this helps

Regards

Limbos,Your lawyer is *ucking charging you too much.I do this by myself.I just waste 850 baht/time.and when the approval arrives,I will just have to waste 3100.There's absolutely no efficiency involved in extending workpermit.When I go to do this,The all documentation i require is just to fill the extension form.Let your employer sign on it and stamp it with company seal.THAT's ALL.and photocopy your passport and work permit.It's that SIMPLE.No any kinda documentation involved.I suggest you to stop using your Lawyer and go to do it by yourself the next time.You are in the same class as me.Just extended it for 2nd month.And I tell you it's unsure that how many more monthly stamps we will have to bear until finally the approval arrives.So you can save several thousand Bahts.

Hope it helps :o

Prices for Work Permit renewals are the same throughout the country.These are as follows.

up to 3 months extension=750 Baht

up to 6 months extension=1500 Baht

up to 1 year extensions  =3000 Baht

Plus 100 Baht Application Fee each time u go to renew.

I m also under this process these months.Extending my Non-B,just extended by 2nd Monthly stamp.Costing 750+100 everytime.You have to waste this 750+100 every month until you finally get your 1 year one.What a *ucking waste of money. :o

I'm confused about the 100.-B application fee.

I've never had to pay this. Initial extension was granted to match visa (at head office in BKK), usualy about 30 days, = B750.- once visa extension is OK another B3,000.- for one year (obtained at local Khet Labour office).

My latest renewal was in April '04. Have the fees changed since then?

opalhort

Limbos,Your lawyer is *ucking charging you too much.I do this by myself.I just waste 850 baht/time.and when the approval arrives,I will just have to waste 3100.There's absolutely no efficiency involved in extending workpermit.When I go to do this,The all documentation i require is just to fill the extension form.Let your employer sign on it and stamp it with company seal.THAT's ALL.and photocopy your passport and work permit.It's that SIMPLE.No any kinda documentation involved.I suggest you to stop using your Lawyer and go to do it by yourself the next time.You are in the same class as me.Just extended it for 2nd month.And I tell you it's unsure that how many more monthly stamps we will have to bear until finally the approval arrives.So you can save several thousand Bahts.

Hope it helps :o

Adding to the workpermit extension form,there's one more form,employment contract form,also available at labour office for free.You have to fill these 2 forms and let your employer sign and stamp on them.Plus Photocopies of your passport and workpermit.That's all :D

Hi sas,

since I live on Koh Samui, and the renewal office is on the mainland, in Suratthani, 750B charge is fair. It's 250B each way with the ferry, and 250B for gas etc, money I would easily spent myself. So I have no problems with being charged an additional 750B, I actually consider this to be a very fair price.

They quoted me however 3.500B being the cost for the yearly renewal, so with their quote, for the same amount of work and time investment they want 250 B more, not taking in account that according to your information it's 3.000B to renew for a year, so it's all of a sudden 750B or 100% more that they charge (1.500B instead of 750B) for the same amount of work and time investment. This I can hardly consider fair, but maybe somebody here can explain this beautifull specimen of Thai logic to me.