Adultery Main Cause Of Family Break-ups In Thai Society

george

Out of the vast number they inverviewed 3000 plus, how many were divorced and how many of those did adultry figure in? The responses given could have and likely were rumors heard within the family, village tom toms, 2nd hand heresay etc. I thin the poll could have been presented much better and several more tidbits of info.

I think too many get caught up in the medieval WASP attitude to sex. Promiscurity in western women is almost worn as a badge of so-called ongoing and going and going liberation. Some wetern men still fooloishly place the pussy on an altar mixing it in somehow with the holy trinity. Western girls give it away like there is no tomorrow, many Thais the same, and others cash in on it as an item for rent. They see it as a way to make money, no body fluids even exchanged for the most part. Not defending that, nor critisizing what is either.

Adultery is extensive in Thailand eh? Now there is a new thought. But people are not obliged to accept it so divorce is one answer.

My ex was Chinese Thai, don't recall any plethora of compliments going towards the native population from that group. And from their perspective they are right. Some keep the Chinese attitude and some start to think Thai, needless to say which ones make money. Try a drive past an up-end karaoke, plenty of white skinned Chinese blood there, either that or those creams do a far better job than given credit for. :o

On the adultery front, when will humankind rediscover the fact that the species is not monogamous

DISAGREE: It's one thing to say that genetically instinctively humans aren't meant to be monogamous, and another to accept the consequences of it, going merrily on your way singing "not my fault la la la". Humans have evolved culturally well past what can be said for our biology alone (we are have only a 2% genetic variation from our closest relatives the bonobo chimpanzees), and it now takes 20 years of intensive parenting to raise a human child to the point of being an emotionally successful member of society. It's well known that children have a much better chance for successfully raising their own children if they come from a healthy unbroken family. To say humans "can't" or "shouldn't be" monogamous because of biology is a dangerous false prophet. There is a lot of out-dated junk written into our genetic code, to say we should excused for actually follwing any or all of it is just daft. Most of what we do isn't instinct, much of what we don't do is. I for one am happy we've come this far, not to mention that I don't have to put up with having poop flung at me whenever I leave the house.

On the attack and alcohol front, well, the veneer of civilisation is very thin and scratched away easily.

Okay I have to agree with you here, the veneer of civilization is indeed very think and easily scratched away, but mai pen lai? I think not.

To be a wee bit more specific, with stating that the Orang-Orang (Malay for human) is not monogamous, I do not imply anything else, just that genetically this species are not monogamous.

As stated in the part about the veneer scratching, don't you think this also applies to "adultery"?

Maybe there is a lot of outdated junk in our genetical code, however, be glad that it is still there, because one day, you, your children or further down the line, might need it to survive!!!!

I assure you that in times of stress or worse, you too will refer back to the genetic codes.

No cultural fact will stop this, maybe hinder it, but it will come back.

I am also a product of my upbringing, however, I was lucky or unlucky enough to see the veneer scratched away very much and the results of that scratching were not very nice.

Don't be too certain that you will uphold the veneer!

The veneer covering the outdated genetic junk it is only veneer, and does NOT replace the "outdated" genetic stuff!

I assure you that culturally I agree with you mostly with your statement about parenting & all, however I disagree with the idea that culturally acquired learnings wholly displace, or should displace, genetical or biological inherited codes.

In times of stress, war, danger & etc instinct will take over.

So Thailand finally got it's Nobel laureate.......

For asking 3000 people over a months period, I would say that this survey doesn't even deserve to be wrapped around tomorrows fish and chips.

If he got hold of the umphur office records nationally for the last year it still wouldn't constitite a survey.

The interview of 3000 people over 30 days on a population of roughly 60,000,000 people can give a 90% certainty! (+/- 9%)

Also depending, of course, on the outcome of the interviews and the questions asked.

So it is a valid research.

I guess doubling or tripling the number of interviews would not really give a very different end result.

But..... why research the obvious?

If Thai Society was in any way supportive the bars wouldn't keep filling up with young girls.

Maybe the girls support the family?

So you might conclude Thai Society is indeed very supportive!

I am pretty certain of that!

So Thailand finally got it's Nobel laureate.......

For asking 3000 people over a months period, I would say that this survey doesn't even deserve to be wrapped around tomorrows fish and chips.

If he got hold of the umphur office records nationally for the last year it still wouldn't constitite a survey.

The interview of 3000 people over 30 days on a population of roughly 60,000,000 people can give a 90% certainty! (+/- 9%)

Also depending, of course, on the outcome of the interviews and the questions asked.

So it is a valid research.

I guess doubling or tripling the number of interviews would not really give a very different end result.

But..... why research the obvious?

Exactly. They don't even say who brought the divorce application. Probably would be fair to say that over 90% were the wives.

Why research the obvious? Will it start any debate among the law makers or stimulate any discussion other than in here? Of course not.

BANGKOK: -- Adultery is the major cause for family break-ups and divorce in Thai society...

Low and behold, Thailand is exactly like the rest of the world! Wonders will never cease!

Promiscurity in western women is almost worn as a badge of so-called ongoing and going and going liberation. Some wetern men still fooloishly place the pussy on an altar mixing it in somehow with the holy trinity. Western girls give it away like there is no tomorrow, many Thais the same, and others cash in on it as an item for rent.

Been burned much? Perhaps it's just that you tend to hand out with these types of women, as the 'badge' wearing brigade is certainly not the norm.

BANGKOK: -- Adultery is the major cause for family break-ups and divorce in Thai society...

Low and behold, Thailand is exactly like the rest of the world! Wonders will never cease!

Promiscurity in western women is almost worn as a badge of so-called ongoing and going and going liberation. Some wetern men still fooloishly place the pussy on an altar mixing it in somehow with the holy trinity. Western girls give it away like there is no tomorrow, many Thais the same, and others cash in on it as an item for rent.

Been burned much? Perhaps it's just that you tend to hand out with these types of women, as the 'badge' wearing brigade is certainly not the norm.

Hmmmmmm

Result of a genetic research in England some time ago in a school.

100 daddies

100 mommies

100 children

81 children were mommie's and daddie's

19 were mommies' but definitely not daddie's

Is it indeed only the badge wearing brigade?

Or is the genetic code "coming out of the closet" (excuse the pun)

On the adultery front, when will humankind rediscover the fact that the species is not monogamous

DISAGREE: It's one thing to say that genetically instinctively humans aren't meant to be monogamous, and another to accept the consequences of it, going merrily on your way singing "not my fault la la la". Humans have evolved culturally well past what can be said for our biology alone (we are have only a 2% genetic variation from our closest relatives the bonobo chimpanzees), and it now takes 20 years of intensive parenting to raise a human child to the point of being an emotionally successful member of society. It's well known that children have a much better chance for successfully raising their own children if they come from a healthy unbroken family. To say humans "can't" or "shouldn't be" monogamous because of biology is a dangerous false prophet. There is a lot of out-dated junk written into our genetic code, to say we should excused for actually follwing any or all of it is just daft. Most of what we do isn't instinct, much of what we don't do is. I for one am happy we've come this far, not to mention that I don't have to put up with having poop flung at me whenever I leave the house.

On the attack and alcohol front, well, the veneer of civilisation is very thin and scratched away easily.

Okay I have to agree with you here, the veneer of civilization is indeed very think and easily scratched away, but mai pen lai? I think not.

To be a wee bit more specific, with stating that the Orang-Orang (Malay for human) is not monogamous, I do not imply anything else, just that genetically this species are not monogamous.

As stated in the part about the veneer scratching, don't you think this also applies to "adultery"?

Maybe there is a lot of outdated junk in our genetical code, however, be glad that it is still there, because one day, you, your children or further down the line, might need it to survive!!!!

I assure you that in times of stress or worse, you too will refer back to the genetic codes.

No cultural fact will stop this, maybe hinder it, but it will come back.

I am also a product of my upbringing, however, I was lucky or unlucky enough to see the veneer scratched away very much and the results of that scratching were not very nice.

Don't be too certain that you will uphold the veneer!

The veneer covering the outdated genetic junk it is only veneer, and does NOT replace the "outdated" genetic stuff!

I assure you that culturally I agree with you mostly with your statement about parenting & all, however I disagree with the idea that culturally acquired learnings wholly displace, or should displace, genetical or biological inherited codes.

In times of stress, war, danger & etc instinct will take over.

Alright now that's a bit more balanced, I agree completely. Biology is definitely there and it's a factor, often a life saving one, and it certainly hasn't been displaced by learning and society, that's probably neither possible nor desirable. I just caution against using it as a catch-all excuse for unecessarily f**king up your own life or someone else's, least of all your kids. The point is to exercise thoughtful choice when it's an option and be to responsible for these choices.

Regards.

PS Well said RuFang, very nice. :o

Hang on a minute, these numbers make no sense!

95% of my male Thai friends have a Mia Noi. The wife knows or has a darn good clue I would think?

10% of the wives (from the same group) have continued some kind of financial agreement with long term previous boyfriends (well old politicians mainly) if the funds are still forthcoming.

One gal, 10 years senior to her husband even managed to convince her hubby to get sterilized...he's 29 years old!...they have two kids together and she pushed him for the chop once he got caught partaking in extra curricular activities. She knows he can get jiggy with whom he likes, but if kids with the Mia Noi are involved then it could be curtains for her (she’s one of the previous 10% mentioned that has additional income…still.)

Thing is, with all this adulterous activity…non of these guys are divorced and some of the goings on are more than a decade old!

From the survey figures at least 65% of these people I know should be divorced due to adultery…but non are!

Hang on a minute, these numbers make no sense!

95% of my male Thai friends have a Mia Noi. The wife knows or has a darn good clue I would think?

10% of the wives (from the same group) have continued some kind of financial agreement with long term previous boyfriends (well old politicians mainly) if the funds are still forthcoming.

One gal, 10 years senior to her husband even managed to convince her hubby to get sterilized...he's 29 years old!...they have two kids together and she pushed him for the chop once he got caught partaking in extra curricular activities. She knows he can get jiggy with whom he likes, but if kids with the Mia Noi are involved then it could be curtains for her (she’s one of the previous 10% mentioned that has additional income…still.)

Thing is, with all this adulterous activity…non of these guys are divorced and some of the goings on are more than a decade old!

From the survey figures at least 65% of these people I know should be divorced due to adultery…but non are!

Well, simply proves how different Thai/Asian culture is to the West. Compare it to Korea where adultery could actually put a man in the clink and see how high the divorce rate is.

Who pays for these surveys? I want in on the action. I have a hypothesis that drinking alcohol is a major factor in drunkeness. Now for a few million baht, I can do a survey and find out if it's true!