Former Kam-nan (sub-district Headsman) Murdered In Seethanu

Do Thais beleive in somehting like ' an eye for eye"?

Is it likely that such a murder is revenged? It seesm the person is well respected so I assume that many locals would know what went on behind the scenes. Considering the fact that most Thai families are rather large, I wonder what the course of action is from the family, not only in this case but also/mainly in general.

@Limbos: the wife, durung the ceremonies at the temple, forgave the killers!

• 4 weeks later...

As our new policeboss has taken office, one man in sritanu, who paid the two hitmen get arrestet. Hitmen still at large. That killing was by the way the reason why our old policeboss had to leave office. He knew, but took no action.

As our new policeboss has taken office, one man in sritanu, who paid the two hitmen get arrestet. Hitmen still at large. That killing was by the way the reason why our old policeboss had to leave office. He knew, but took no action.

BTW, who is the man who paid the hitmen?

Well, since the man has been arrested but has not had a trial, neither has apparently made the papers it is probably best not to publish his name, don't you think?

Well, since the man has been arrested but has not had a trial, neither has apparently made the papers it is probably best not to publish his name, don't you think?

strange this story isn't getting any national attention.

if the man has been arrested there is no harm in publishing his name. it is a matter of public record and would be on the police blotter

if the man has been arrested there is no harm in publishing his name. it is a matter of public record and would be on the police blotter

Look like it is not public...

Since you seem to think so, why not go down to the local Police station yourself and see if they will give you that information?

This is why admin requires a published source. Sure, everyone on the island heard someone got arrested, and sure locals know his name BUT nobody really knows what is going on, including the outcome of his arrest (which could just as easily be thrown out, or pursued) until it comes out officially. Until that time, slandering someone by naming them as a murderer on a public forum based on hearsay and "popular knowledge" without any kind of verified official source is really a bad idea.

This is why admin requires a published source. Sure, everyone on the island heard someone got arrested, and sure locals know his name BUT nobody really knows what is going on, including the outcome of his arrest (which could just as easily be thrown out, or pursued) until it comes out officially. Until that time, slandering someone by naming them as a murderer on a public forum based on hearsay and "popular knowledge" without any kind of verified official source is really a bad idea.

The news was published on the front page and on the website of Daily news. Unfortunately I don't have neither the paper, nor the web address. No english-written newspaper reported it.

Samui Express has the name printed on latest issue.

Sorry I don't have a copy to scan.

Samui Express has the name printed on latest issue.

Sorry I don't have a copy to scan.

i have a scan good old me :o:D

post-39813-1211434293_thumb.jpg

Thanks BigC for posting the scan with the name of the suspected brain (Pittaya Inkhong) behind the killing of the Srithanu Kam-nan. Hope they can find the killers too!

I hope my post to be enough politically correct.