A Big Bike

froggshw

Hi all

I'm in the market for a good used sports bike...900cc and up..I had a Honda Fireblade 900RR before and was looking at getting something similar.

Can anyone direct me to some good shops here in BKK..somewhere maybe you or a friend of yours has bought before..it must be totally legit with the green book/registered..priced around 300,000baht

I bought my Honda from Taz motorcycles in RCA about 4 years ago...but the're gone now

Many thanks in advance for your replies

Froggs

their are still plenty of biike shops in rca, their are also 2 superbike shops that i know off close to secon square....bangna/sirnakrin).....

one is in the carpark of secon, another right close to test car....if i remember correctly. their are also brand new ninja's and other kawaski bigbikes at rama9, it is a kawasaki store, right close to a 2nd hand car dealerships.

Thnx for your reply philipm....I had a look in RCA a couple of days ago..apart from a couple of shops selling Harleys(I wish I could afford one of them)and a Triumph shop(min price 500,000 up) there are none with any choice..didnt know about the one in Rama 9 or Secon square..would you happen to have a tel number..?.I can feel a trip to them really soon :-)

Many thanks again

Froggs

hey Froggs, i assume thats your name ?

sorry i dont have their no. but i have a rather good idea where they are.

what is your budget btw?

for me, i would go for a cbr 600, or R6 or a Ninja. 1000cc bikes are a bit big in bkk...with the traffic. myself i have rented a 900ccfireblade in pattaya, it was fun....(although i dont push bikes so much---i dont trust the roads here to be stright or smooth without potholes), i still think a 600cc is def fast enough. your alreadly hauling with the top stock exotic cars in bkk....

Hi Philipm....Froggs is a nickname

No problem you dont have their number...maybe you could tell me what end of Rama 9 the shop is...I will be going from Ramkamhang road..cant say I've seen any shops heading outta town...so I guess its got to be going into the city centre...any well known land marks near this place..?

I had my Fireblade for a few years here...there are some good straight roads in Thailand,I used to wind mine up over 200kph regular,my biggest fear was dogs running out in front of me,never worried about potholes(run right over them at that speed)..I would'nt mind getting a R1 Yammy.if the price is right..about 300,000baht is my budget...maybe an expat wanting to sell his..gotta be legit though..dont wanna have problems with the BiB with an unregistered bike..

Froggs

yo bro i go to ramkhang like every day.... do you work or are u studying? i go to abac and i work every four days a week, study 2 days a week.

showing you the places close to secon and jusco, its close by from ramkhang. but hey they are not selling new bikes, those were second hand. as for news ones, i can only recommend the one in ratchada (rama9)-close to fortune hotel. the kawaski store that is. and rca. i seen some super bikes their....ohhhh wait that just reminded me i have once found a website that speacilize on bikes, they had r1's, hybusas, Y2k!!!!

haha yea...ok it took me like a few minutes to find the site....i got it,

http://tpmotorcycle.com/webboard/default.asp?rid=5

you are going to die when you see that amount of shit they have their, i never new the bike scene was that crazy in bkk..... (pattaya is a different story) anyways check the site out. im sure you will find what u want.

There is only one place where you will get an honest deal, and thats at Red Baron, sure you will pay top Baht and then some, but in business packed full of crooks and liars, Vikrom at Red Baron is at the least an Honest man.

TP will tell you it is legal to ride an unregistered bike.

They have sold many bikes that way, IT IS NOT, no way, shape or form is it legal to ride a non registered bike on the road.

They know that perfectly well, all they are interested is in getting your cash and seeing the back of you.

Buying a 300,000 Baht second hand Honda or buy a 440,000 Baht Yamaha FZ6 brand new with factory warranty direct from Yamaha.... difficult choices

only if 140,000 baht extra is a difficult choice :o