Flying from Bangkok to Phnom Penh anyone had any sucess with the online E Visa rather than the hassle on arrival at airport.

You can do it online US $25 email copy of passport 1 passport photo in Jpeg format then they email you the visa.

NB :o

The E Visa works well for me. I use it when I go to Poi Pet. Saves a lot of time at the border..

I'll second that one, loads quicker with an E visa there. I've used 5 now, none of them took more than 24 hours to be issued even over a weekend.

The funny thing about the e-visa, I find, is that it cost 25s% more than the regular visa. The purpose of electronic transactions should be to save labour and costs and therefore the end product should not be more expensive.

--

Maestro

Well, the e-visa is 5 USD more expensive, because there are dedicated lanes/passport booths for evisa holders, it is suppose to save time, and it might save time at Aran/Poipet, even though I have heard reports from people there that they still have to queue entering the country.

An e-visa for Phnom Penh Airport, doesn't save any time, as at that airport they are very quick with issuing the visa. So for PP, I would just get a visa on arrival, it will only take a few minutes to get the visa.

At Aran the main advantage of the e-visa is that the border officials cannot scam you with the cost of the tourist visa, something that happens there frequently.

Well, the e-visa is 5 USD more expensive, because there are dedicated lanes/passport booths for evisa holders, it is suppose to save time, and it might save time at Aran/Poipet, even though I have heard reports from people there that they still have to queue entering the country.

An e-visa for Phnom Penh Airport, doesn't save any time, as at that airport they are very quick with issuing the visa. So for PP, I would just get a visa on arrival, it will only take a few minutes to get the visa.

At Aran the main advantage of the e-visa is that the border officials cannot scam you with the cost of the tourist visa, something that happens there frequently.

Having an E-visa saved me some 20 minutes at Phnom Penh plus I didn't have to "queue" with madhouse getting and filling out the form and waiting for the Visa On Arrival.  That's worth the extra $5.

Mac

^ Well, I filled in the form on the plane, got out of the plane, paid 20 USD and was on my way in about one minute, My Lao Partner, who is visa free to Cambodia, entered the country only one minute before me.

Of course if you are last off the plane, then you might have to queue for a longer time, but in general the processing of visa on arrival at PP airport is quick and efficient.

^ Well, I filled in the form on the plane, got out of the plane, paid 20 USD and was on my way in about one minute, My Lao Partner, who is visa free to Cambodia, entered the country only one minute before me.

Of course if you are last off the plane, then you might have to queue for a longer time, but in general the processing of visa on arrival at PP airport is quick and efficient.

me to last week.

My g/f got her visa here at consulate and paid 1000 bht. She was not happy. I forgot my pic and he charged me 1us dollar extra and all over in a few minutes. Its not like your going to have several jumbo jets arrive at the same time. Personally I couldn't wait to get out of the dump