Gloomy Days Ahead For Asia's Housing Markets

Bingo boy, please! Enough already! I'm just asking for one condo or home price that has gone down substantially in the past couple years. You keep telling us of the crash in prices and what a wonderful buying opportunity there is - well, where is it?

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bingo

You seem to forget that most owners here paid cash and have no payments to make. The only impact inflation has on me is the price of property and condos will increase from the increased inflation. Since I owe nothing I just smile and watch the value rise.

Some people couldn't stand the pressure of a changing world and sold their property a couple of years ago. Now it would cost them more to buy it back.

Relax a bit and enjoy life. You seem to spend all your time looking for bad news so you can say I told you so.

BingoBongo/ kokothemonkey,

In Hua Hin & Cha Am the market has slowed a lot in the past year, I see it first hand being involved in it.

Houses are still selling steadily, it's just not the madness it was during the preceding 3 years.

Prices are still rising, there's no signs of them levelling out let alone dropping.

People who have bought are quite happy and many have seen significant increases in their investment.

Carry on, but what you are saying does not reflect reality IMHO.

Burgernev

PS: Just had a look at that GlobalHousePriceCrash site and koko/BingoBongo talking to himself over 15 pages :o Get over it mate.

Edited by Burgernev

In Hua Hin & Cha Am the market has slowed a lot in the past year, I see it first hand being involved in it.

Houses are still selling steadily, it's just not the madness it was during the preceding 3 years.

Prices are still rising, there's no signs of them levelling out let alone dropping.

People who have bought are quite happy and many have seen significant increases in their investment.

Carry on, but what you are saying does not reflect reality IMHO.

Burgernev

PS: Just had a look at that GlobalHousePriceCrash site and koko/BingoBongo talking to himself over 15 pages :o Get over it mate.

hello "mate", not here to make friends "mate", just state the facts

don't hate the player, hate the game

your bargirls probably cost more than the last time you were in LOS, right there "mate"? by the way, how is the aussie real estate market these days? lol

In China, Thailand, the Philippines and at least eight other Asian economies, benchmark borrowing costs are lower than the rate of inflation, resulting in negative real interest rates, according to data compiled by Bloomberg.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=206...&refer=home

PS: Just had a look at that GlobalHousePriceCrash site and koko/BingoBongo talking to himself over 15 pages :D Get over it mate.

It's the funniest thing I've seen a while. :D Everyone should go and read it.

Especially the post where he says he could not rent out his wife's place in Bangkok for 18 months. :o

"how do you know this about his boyfriend?? "

Because, bingobongo told us about him. Here's the funny part: on the Global House Price Crash website, bingobongo uses the screen name "kokothemonkey", and he has changed his personna. Koko is married, and has bought a home. Later, according to koko's postings, he sold the home at a loss, and that's why he's so emotional about the "Thailand real estate crisis". When a newspaper prints anything positive about Thailand bingobongo (and unfortuantely many other TVers) immediately claim that it's a big lie. When a newspaper prints anything negative about Thailand, bingobongo (and his acolytes) believe it.

In summary, bingobongo and koko have lied to the users on ThaiVisa and Global House Price Crash, just as bingobongo has lied to his boyfriend.

"how do you know this about his boyfriend?? "

Because, bingobongo told us about him. Here's the funny part: on the Global House Price Crash website, bingobongo uses the screen name "kokothemonkey", and he has changed his personna. Koko is married, and has bought a home. Later, according to koko's postings, he sold the home at a loss, and that's why he's so emotional about the "Thailand real estate crisis". When a newspaper prints anything positive about Thailand bingobongo (and unfortuantely many other TVers) immediately claim that it's a big lie. When a newspaper prints anything negative about Thailand, bingobongo (and his acolytes) believe it.

In summary, bingobongo and koko have lied to the users on ThaiVisa and Global House Price Crash, just as bingobongo has lied to his boyfriend.

:o:D :D

made my day....

Bingo-Monkey,

You could peel off all your skin, soak in a bath of lime juice for 24 hours with a lemon in your mouth and you wouldn't be more bitter.

Do us a favour and email me just before my property value drops through the floor so I can off load it.

Address is: ivemadeaprofit@property_andnowimgonna.cum

You do realise all these nasty people are laughing at you, don't you ?

Edited by Burgernev

Bingo

You seem to forget that most owners here paid cash and have no payments to make. The only impact inflation has on me is the price of property and condos will increase from the increased inflation. Since I owe nothing I just smile and watch the value rise.

Some people couldn't stand the pressure of a changing world and sold their property a couple of years ago. Now it would cost them more to buy it back.

Relax a bit and enjoy life. You seem to spend all your time looking for bad news so you can say I told you so.

SNAP

PS: Just had a look at that GlobalHousePriceCrash site and koko/BingoBongo talking to himself over 15 pages :D Get over it mate.

:D :D :D

poor koko, he sold at a loss and now he's been bitter for 2 years :o

there seem to be some discrepancies here.

is bingo a man or a woman.

some say she has a boyfriend.

others say he has a wife.

YET NO ONE HAS CLUED INTO THIS - why?

is everyone here dyslexic??

or is everyone so tuned into their agendas/egos/woodies that they can't see the obvious/oblivious???

amusing

or is everyone so tuned into their agendas/egos/woodies that they can't see the obvious/oblivious???

amusing

I am dyslexic and so is my ovler (and yes I am, slightly)

amusing

No one is saying bingobongo is a woman. backflip claims that, in another forum, bingobongo indicated that he was gay with a boyfriend that wanted him to invest in Thai real estate. backflip, correct me if I misremember this. Ray1167 discovered a forum where it is obvious that kokothemonkey is one and the same as bingobongo, Ray1167 found a post there (that has since been removed by kokothemonkey since he is a moderator there) that indicates that kokothemonkey (a.k.a. bingobongo) has a Thai wife. See the following link to Ray1167's post in this thread. I can confirm that the post Ray1167 references did exist. I'm sure others on here read it as well.

Ray1167's post

Perhaps backflip can provide more evidence as to why he thinks bingobongo is gay. It really doesn't matter to me. What is obvious to many of us in this forum is that bingobongo is emotionally attached to his real estate losses and his reaction to his financial failures is to post as many negative comments as possible. As others have indicated, he fails to realize that very few are borrowing money to make purchases in Thailand. All of my wife's properties are owned free and clear of any debt.

The other funny thing about bingobongo is he completely ingores any questions that anyone asks him. All he does is post links to homemade charts and newpaper articles. He is so emotionally tied to the loss of his "four plaster walls" as he likes to put it that he tries to convince everyone else that they are as financially incompetent as he is.

I couldnt care less if bingobongo was a male/female straight or gay what we do know is that he/she/it is heavily biassed towards the negative, IOW a troll.

Not once have I seen him/her/it make any positive remarks, although I do think the recent adoption and liberal use of hip hop terminology "don't the player hate the game" is amusing - somehow it just doesn't fit !! :o

Edited by quiksilva

I couldnt care less if bingobongo was a male/female straight or gay what we do know is that he/she/it is heavily biassed towards the negative, IOW a troll.

Not once have I seen him/her/it make any positive remarks, although I do think the recent adoption and liberal use of hip hop terminology "don't the player hate the game" is amusing - somehow it just doesn't fit !! :o

You know what quiksilva I just chose an avatar - please don't dirty your hands, there is no need :D

Edited by pkrv

"Perhaps backflip can provide more evidence as to why he thinks bingobongo is gay..."

Sure, go back and read bingobongo's old posts on TV. He mentioned that he is gay, that he promised to buy his boyfriend a home, and that he was trying to dissuade his boyfriend by drudging up negative news about Thailand. I don't care about his sex or gender, his sexual orientation, or if he buys a home or if he does not.

bingobongo, and his acolytes, has claimed that us homeowners are so emotional about our residences that we can't see the truth. In reality, bingobongo and friends are the ones that are emotional. They are absolutely seething that they missed the boat and others have made money in real estate. It reminds me of the joke about the Baptist minister who was upset that someone, somewhere, was having a good time. bingobongo has the attitude that every day in Thailand is another day spent in a gulag, and there's something to complain about.

As far as I am concerned there is very definitely a place on this forum for balanced negative comments.

Unfortunately bingobongo is quite clearly engaged in a single minded vendetta against Thailand, and this has unfortunately caused severe disruption to many threads, not just on the real-estate forum but also the finance forum.

IMO bingobongo's antisocial behaviour is now deeply unwelcome. His post are actually a contaminant not negative.

Edited by pkrv

why buy now when you can get a lower price tomorrow, as the last leg (negative real interest rates) is removed from the bubble?

poor homedebtors wont know what hit them.......

inerest rates go up, commodity prices, and oversupplied condo bubble prices go down

BOT may hike rate by 25-50 basis points

:o The central bank will consider an increase of 25-50 basis points to the policy interest rate next month if this month's inflation rate continues at above 5 per cent, a financial source said last week. :D

http://nationmultimedia.com/2008/05/26/hea...es_30073936.php

I am going to make a request to the moderators that this thread be closed - Whilst I understand we all here on Thaivisa need to understand the contributors to the forum - IMO this has gone far enough, and now serves no purpose.

Please vote using the report button just down to your left

If members have a problem with another members posting style or point of view ,they have the option of ignoring that persons posts.

Just visit the persons profile ,click on the box marked options in the left hand column then click on the ignore user , problem solved. :o

If members have a problem with another members posting style or point of view ,they have the option of ignoring that persons posts.

Just visit the persons profile ,click on the box marked options in the left hand column then click on the ignore user , problem solved. :o

I am sorry ozzydom but the last few pages of post have absolutly nothing whatsoever to do with the subject topic "Gloomy Days Ahead For Asia's Housing Markets" We are in trouble here.

I am sorry ozzydom but the last few pages of post have absolutly nothing whatsoever to do with the subject topic "Gloomy Days Ahead For Asia's Housing Markets" We are in trouble here.

I have read the last few pages, what I see are posts from the OP that you do not agree with, As I suggested ,if they annoy you that much use the ignore facility.

In reading a few pages as you suggest I did notice some inflammatory personal attacks on the OP,s character and sexuality which also have nothing to do with the subject matter.

IMHO interest rates,inflation etc have much to do with the topic.

I have read the last few pages, what I see are posts from the OP that you do not agree with, As I suggested ,if they annoy you that much use the ignore facility.

In reading a few pages as you suggest I did notice some inflammatory personal attacks on the OP,s character and sexuality which also have nothing to do with the subject matter.

Ohh good 'open season' will of course participate.

I am sorry ozzydog but the last few pages of post have absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with the subject topic "Gloomy Days Ahead For Asia's Housing Markets" We are in trouble here.

Oh good 'open season' will of course participate.

pkrv,you appear to have an ongoing problem with the OP going back some time , it is your prerogative to participate in the thread or not, I gave you an option which eliminates the OP,s posts from your computer then your problem disappears.

are you ready...................

Most economists predict rate rises in a handful of countries, including Taiwan and Thailand.

as the days pass you get more and more boring Bongo :o when was the last time you had sex? :D

One argument I hear a lot is that foreign demand for local real estate has grown substantially in recent years, and that such foreign demand will be supportive of prices in the future.

Unfortunately, investors from other countries are well known to be the very last participants to arrive at the scene of a financial bubble. They are the last to hear about all the riches to be made, the last to buy in, and the last to realize that the party is over. This is known as "dumb money".

Good luck, did I mention that the BOT will soon raise interest rates? Oh yes, I think I did.