Air Asia Now Charging For Checked Baggage !

terryp

Just so people know, as from Midnight Yesterday all check baggage with Air Asia will cost 30 Baht per item PER FLIGHT (if booked on-Line) & 50 baht at airport checkin per checked bag if no pre booking made…Just another way to get more money out of customers

Excess kilo’s still have to be paid for over 15kg

:o

I flew with them last last week, and returned yesterday. I can only say this is the worst experience of flying that I have had. The attitude of the check in staff both at Swampy and Phuket is disgusting. We were charged extra for having cricket bats in our normal check in luggage, they also then tried to charge an extra 5 kgs, which was untrue after reweighing. On questioning this, the Thai check in girl at Swampy launched into a verbal volley about Frangs complaining and not being Thai people. I can only say they can stick there 30bht up there ass, as I and the other 6 that travelled in our group will never use them again.

I'd rather pay the extra and fly with Thai.

An airline to be avoided, and by the look of the amount of people complaing at Phuket yesterday, one that will lose a fair bit of repeat business.

BTW, they then not suprisingly lost our bags on the way to Phuket. I rather suspect that it was done deliberatly. It did however turn up 6 hours later.

geez man just 30baht, get over it. keep your cool, its not worth the effort.

and the cricket bats in normal luggage? Surely you didn't think you can get away with that.

The 30bht is no problem, as we had booked the flight before the new rules.

As for the luggage you clearly have little comprehension as to what constitues abnormal luggage. A bat in a normal sized bag is hardly the same as carrying a golf club set, which does need to be stored differently. That is my main point, but one that you have failed to comprehend.

They also lost our bags, so I think I can have a complaint.

The 30BHT charge IMO is another revenue generator for Air Aisa.

and the cricket bats in normal luggage? Surely you didn't think you can get away with that.

Weren't you complaing about a 2,000bht hospital bill and being ripped off? :o

It’s not just 30 baht is it brain box!!!~! if you pay at check in it’s 50 baht each flight for EACH checked bag, box, sack etc etc…so if there are a few or a family that insignificant 30/50 baht starts to add up into a CON

Of course on Thaivisa there is always the pr@tt who goes against whatever & you are the one today I guess..go back to your can of Chang, most prob you only use the baht bus or bus anyway

It will be 50 baht to take a p#ss soon

Edited by terryp

It’s not just 30 baht is it brain box!!!~! if you pay at check in it’s 50 baht each flight for EACH checked bag, box, sack etc etc…so if there are a few or a family that insignificant 30/50 baht starts to add up into a CON

Of course on Thaivisa there is always the pr@tt who goes against whatever & you are the one today I guess..go back to your can of Chang, most prob you only use the baht bus or bus anyway

It will be 50 baht to take a p#ss soon

I'll assume thats not aimed at my post, and more at our good friend with the "hugging problem". :o

Weren't you complaing about a 2,000bht hospital bill and being ripped off? :o

Yeah Toad, he is the guy complaining about being ripped off at a hospital for a bill for treating someone who help him in taking a snake out ! Bht 2000 ! What's he expecting ? Bht 1980 ? Way to go Toad ! :D

The 30bht is no problem, as we had booked the flight before the new rules.

As for the luggage you clearly have little comprehension as to what constitues abnormal luggage. A bat in a normal sized bag is hardly the same as carrying a golf club set, which does need to be stored differently. That is my main point, but one that you have failed to comprehend.

They also lost our bags, so I think I can have a complaint.

The 30BHT charge IMO is another revenue generator for Air Aisa.

I misread I thought you meant carry on luggage. Fair point then, and losing the luggage is definitely unnacceptable.

My only point of advice is not to kick up a huge fuss, in the vast majority of cases it won't accomplish anything except as you have suggested possible "pay back" with the lost luggage. If you make them lose face, they want revenge.

Yes it is similar to my 2000baht problem with the snake except that I never chucked a hissy fit as that would have acomplished absolutely nothing. TiT.

I misread I thought you meant carry on luggage. Fair point then, and losing the luggage is definitely unnacceptable.

My only point of advice is not to kick up a huge fuss, in the vast majority of cases it won't accomplish anything except as you have suggested possible "pay back" with the lost luggage. If you make them lose face, they want revenge.

Yes it is similar to my 2000baht problem with the snake except that I never chucked a hissy fit as that would have acomplished absolutely nothing. TiT.

No sorry it's not, and as I have lived here for 3 years, worked in Asia for the past 7 years and have been travelling in and out for the past 17 your argument carries no weight. I suggest you go back to your psychotherapist to deal with your "hugging problems" and "sister problems". :o

Clearly you have little comprehension to what was written and what happened. :D

No sorry it's not, and as I have lived here for 3 years, worked in Asia for the past 7 years and have been travelling in and out for the past 17

Maybe you're just a slow learner :o

Hardly, but it's pretty clear that you are a Troll.

No sorry it's not, and as I have lived here for 3 years, worked in Asia for the past 7 years and have been travelling in and out for the past 17

Maybe you're just a slow learner :o

Hardly, but it's pretty clear that you are a Troll.

god, you are a slow learner

:D

Mmmm, I think I'll leave that to the majority to decide.

Just so people know, as from Midnight Yesterday all check baggage with Air Asia will cost 30 Baht per item PER FLIGHT (if booked on-Line) & 50 baht at airport checkin per checked bag if no pre booking made…Just another way to get more money out of customers

Excess kilo's still have to be paid for over 15kg

What a nonsense charge. This is like a restaurant charging you for a fork and knife. Clearly, travelers will have luggage and it should be included in the price. Granted, there need to be reasonable limits on number, weight and size, etc (though Air Asia was already unreasonable with 15 kilos). What’s next, pay toilets on the plane?

Is this ALL of Air Asia or just Thai Air Asia (FD flights)?

As it is I already have a problem with them in that they advertise the price of their flights without including all the extras, taxes and fuel supplements. In my opinion, the price you see should be the price you pay - no extras.

Edited by grtaylor

i just booked a flight today. i also have to pay 350 baht for an infant. for a no frills airline they sure do get a lot of money out of you.

Nok Air does infants free

1-2go charges like 500 (and the planes smell bad)

Thai does %10 + taxes so domestically it comes to about 1k

Nok Air wins.

What a nonsense charge. This is like a restaurant charging you for a fork and knife. Clearly, travelers will have luggage and it should be included in the price. Granted, there need to be reasonable limits on number, weight and size, etc (though Air Asia was already unreasonable with 15 kilos). What’s next, pay toilets on the plane?

That's what they do in Italy 'Pane e Coperto' Bread and Cutlery