3 In 1 Oil.

gusgorman

Silly thing to ask but quite practical really........can i get any 3 in 1 type Oil anywhere here in Phuket? It used to be called that in the UK years back when i was last there in late 1990's. It is for lubricating things and i found it good for door hinges and such like. Cant stand creaking doors!! :o

Silly thing to ask but quite practical really........can i get any 3 in 1 type Oil anywhere here in Phuket? It used to be called that in the UK years back when i was last there in late 1990's. It is for lubricating things and i found it good for door hinges and such like. Cant stand creaking doors!! :o

Try WD40 which I found in Tesco a while back. Works well on hinges.

I think the OP is looking for an oil can rather than a spray. Sprays (like WD40 etc) can be found quite easily, but the can type a bit harder to find. I remember a few years ago finding 3-in-1 in the car accessories area of Robinson, much to my surprise. So it is available in Thailand... good hunting ... :o

I bought a can of Singer oil (i imagine it was for sewing machines???) a few years ago and use it for purposes like this. I don't remember where i bought it but imagine it was at a hardware store.

Anyway, it says "SINGER" in English on the small can similar to the 3 in 1 oil can you are looking for. (a bit shorter and perhaps fatter can)

Singer sewing machine oil is quite widely available. The have it in Home Pro, and I've also seen it in small general stores, usually around the rat glue/fly spray area. It's a small white plastic bottle with a plastic spout.

It's very similar to Three-in-One: a light oil which does not evaporate like WD40. But it doesn't have the wonderful childhood-evoking smell of the original, though :D

'

My 5 in 1 Oil, it looks like a Singer copy, I bought from my local mini-mart for 12 B, here at Nai Yang so it must be available all over the island.

P.S. Vicks Vapour Rub, tiger balm and even butter can be used as a temporary lubricant, and don't forget you can always use a little cooking oil if you ever get stuck.

PPS A mixture of oil & kerosene (parafin) can be used as a a WD40 replacement

WD40 is great for cleaning showers, shower doors, if you have them in Thailand.

Everywhere I have stayed, just big tiled ensuite, shit, shower and shave at once......PMPL.

Useless info dept.......

WD40

40th formulae of water dispersant commissioned by US dept of defence.