The End Of An Era.

Stephen777

Yesterday I recieved an email from a pub owner in Washington Square, Bangkok. He said that he and other pub owners are on the hunt for new properties and that Washington Square will be "pulled down". Many expats have made this area their haven in Thailand.

Do any of you have further news on this development?

If true, I wonder how Bourbon St will be affected...quite a legendary restaurant.

Think Dougs place has been going about 20 years ....we ...bunch of us were in there just after it opened... way back in....Mai P rai.... :o however the sware aint changed that much........chop "appy Bar........about 10 years ago...first night.....also use to freq...Lone S/Silver $,Denny C,Prince of Balls,Sw Peg,New Cowboy...round corner...et others....

Incid 2 threads running on this .....suggest a merger.... :D :D

i dont remember it as cyberia , i'm talking about the late eighties , early nineties. maybe the cafe before cyberia.

Was it "Pan Pan" used to eat in their Patpong branch years ago good piza for the era. dam_n i'M OLD now

no i dont think it was pan pan , it was a rather old fashioned coffee shop /cafe / ice cream place , a bit like an american diner , with booth banquette seating down the side by the window that looks onto the entrance to the square (where the motorcycle taxis are now) , there was a counter where the long bar is in dubliners and a front and back door as now.

it was a good place to go and sit with a date before or after a film at the ( rat infested) washington cinema in those heady days before the emporium / starbucks / irish pubs etc.