April 23, 200818 yr Is it just my feeling or its really like this? Its power steering wheel,however it feels more heavy/harder then other cars I drove before. please your experience guys.
April 23, 200818 yr Ive had a Triton for 6 Months now , no problems with the PAS, can't say ive noticed any difference compared to other pick up's ive had here , have you re - check the T/ pressures..?
April 23, 200818 yr I have been driving mine for 18 months and it seems fine, if you have concerns you really should have it checked out as steering and brakes are the two most important parts of a car when it comes to safety!
April 23, 200818 yr Author I asked them and drove it with the mechanical. his answer is that its like this in all triton models. I am regullar with isuzu dmax and toyota vigo, and actually all other cars with steering wheel. but this 1 is definatlly the hardest one I ever drove. maybe its mitsubishi system? I have to say that it feels good on high speeds ,very stable. but...really?its normal? I have the 4*2 manual gear version (glx/abs+airbag).
April 24, 200818 yr Author 40 ?!! the roccomended T pressure is 29. I put 30. (its the 15" 4*2 version (not the "plus" or the 4*4)
April 24, 200818 yr 40 ?!!the roccomended T pressure is 29. I put 30. (its the 15" 4*2 version (not the "plus" or the 4*4) 29 is too low, but try 40 if it feels lighter you are on your way to finding if tyre related, ie a bit flat, tread down, or alignment
April 25, 200818 yr Author I put 35 today. the tire shop says 40 is too high for this tires. Its better but I dont know,its heavier. the thing is like this.,I regullar to spin the wheel with 1 open hand (the surface of my hand open and just slightly touch the wheel) and always the wheel spin soft like butter. in the mitsubishi its harder and I actually need to use pressure from my hand on the wheel to make it happan. any ideas.?
April 27, 200818 yr Theres a pressure relief valve on your pump, its possible tho un likely that there is a problem there, get a mechanic to check it out, you could increase the spring pressure on the valve but then it would also increase the pressure on the oil seals. Probably best to just put up with it and be thankful your not driving an old series 2a LWB Land Rover...
Create an account or sign in to comment