Boundary Wall

mariner29

Certainly sounds a 'bit' OTT, we were quoted a similar per-metre (length) rate for a retaining wall with driven piles to keep our fill from vanishing into the khlong.

Can you give a bit more detail of the style of wall, is it going to be load bearing (retaining) etc. etc.

Edited by Crossy

paid ~4,000 Baht per linear meter 2½ years ago . wall 2.20m high, thickness 30cm, no core but some steel inside on which i insisted. foundations ~60cm deep with lots of steel, retaining ~1.2m of soil. liked the work very much. it would have cost a fortune in Europe!

post-35218-1209039678_thumb.jpg

Just had a quote from the builder think he is having a laugh he wants 3000 THB per metre .He said the plot is 117 metres that comes to 351,000 THB the land is 200 wah or half a rai area i think cost should be around £1000 ish.

A 2mtr high, post and beam wall with block fill should be around 1700 baht a mtr.

Faced but not painted.

paid ~4,000 Baht per linear meter 2½ years ago . wall 2.20m high, thickness 30cm, no core but some steel inside on which i insisted. foundations ~60cm deep with lots of steel, retaining ~1.2m of soil. liked the work very much. it would have cost a fortune in Europe!

Very nice indeed Naam Most attractive and strongest walls you can build.

Could be that the builder has quoted for this type of wall as the costing for this would be about right.

Current price for this type of wall is around 600 baht a square meter face. That is costed both sides and what's in the ground.

So for a 2 meter high wall with half meter in the ground that would be 3000 baht a linear mtr but without any steel inside.

Yours has steel inside which is even stronger but would be a lot more expensive. Probably closer to 5000 a meter now.

Very nice indeed Naam Most attractive...

Rimmer, years ago we had a holiday in home in southern France where not only these kind of walls were "standard" but also the driveway, the pathways in the garden, around the pool and even inside the homes. therefore i can assure you that in this respect (natural stone/rock tiling) the so-called "european quality" is sh*t² compared to what i have experienced in Thailand and in another asian country.

Very nice indeed Naam Most attractive...

Rimmer, years ago we had a holiday in home in southern France where not only these kind of walls were "standard" but also the driveway, the pathways in the garden, around the pool and even inside the homes. therefore i can assure you that in this respect (natural stone/rock tiling) the so-called "european quality" is sh*t² compared to what i have experienced in Thailand and in another asian country.

Paid about 900 per lineal meter of concrete block (steel reinforced)  finished, but not painted about 5 years ago.  Height is 2 metres.  The neighbor lady who we shared the cost tried to quote me on square metres and I asked her if she had planned on making it a granite wall :o.  She tried to play stupid and say she got taken as she had to pay per square metre, but she was just trying to rip me off. The lady had built many houses before and she must have thought I was stupid.

That's as fine a stone wall as I've seen Naam, very tight with little mortar showing (one hallmark of a good wall) and I saw a lot of good ones while I lived in France. Saw more than a few crappy ones there, too.

Hope you bought him cold beer at the end of his long days!

Edited by johnnyk

Naam ,

That is a very nice looking wall indeed! It looks like a lot of thought went into the design. I like it!

for a soid wall like on picture above, incl 9"steel inside 1,80 high on a straigh land without entrance or doors is now 1800-2000 ( steel price increased heavy and cement) with private workers you get this done for 1300 if you make the SAUS or your workers( no ready made), price included sharp inside the land and front.

i make the walls with natural stones what cost 300thb sqm stone+50baht zement+120 baht sqm work ( very cheap 120) total sqm nearly 500 sqm

expenive but beautiful

for 2 rai i send around 450.000 all in all ( 190mtr wall)

sorry, but you would not find anybody who do it for 1000,,, bcs if you buy the material the price is already a 1000.....with private workers ( 300 baht per day for 200baht per meter ) you would be off with 1300, and only if they make the structure with steel and no ready made pieces.

a company or prof. workers charge you 2000.

the inside decorstones i bought by my self 300 bt sqm ,, i forget to tell for the work him charge 100 a sqm for heavy tiles 30x10,,, and even this work dificult to find worker for 100

calculate north east 80-100, bangkok 160,pattaya 130,phuket and samui 160

If you turn off Beach road into soi 5 Jomtien and drive to the next road, there is a new condo complex on the left side on the corner. It looks like they used the same guy as Naam to build the wall. VERY nice workmanship. I don't know the name of the condo or what the wall cost but it in nicely done.