now now

thats false too :D

i keep getting told what a cheap date I am :D:o

elsie put it nicer, calling me 'lightweight' :D

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well Mig, if you were in Thailand you could see all the matches with probably only Thai commentary. If you were in the U.S. like me you could see them all but with English commentary. Hope they use mostly British announcers instead of the crap American announcers, though.

Hi

Wrote this on the topic - where in Bangkok to enjoy EURO 2008 matches out in the open:

Appreciate if you drop me a line if you know about other places / bars / public venues.

The big question will again be the English commentary. Guess there's no other option than that South African satellite feed.

Was I allowed to post an URL when I was a sponsor?! Never did so and would have never dared to.

This link here was for pure information.

Mods: Whoever deleted that link please reread your own posting rules.

Thai TV Channel 7.......isnt that the one with the two guys analysing the match wearing tracksuits ?? :o

Lineker,Hansen,Shearer,Lawrenson all sadly missed over here !

i have watch a lot of games on thaitv and find it really funny when they give there expert comments on what a team should and should not do :D i dont know who they are and what they have done in football :D

Thai TV Channel 7.......isnt that the one with the two guys analysing the match wearing tracksuits ?? :o

Lineker,Hansen,Shearer,Lawrenson all sadly missed over here !

i have watch a lot of games on thaitv and find it really funny when they give there expert comments on what a team should and should not do :D i dont know who they are and what they have done in football :D

Looking at Somchai, Sparky and the Red flame (UBC) it is highly unlikely that they have ever kicked a football in a competative match, The guys on 7 are even worse, but I'm sure that they know somebody, that knows somebody, :D BECAUSE THEY CERTAINLY DON'T KNOW FOOTBALL. :D

Anyone know who's broadcasting the games? I haven't seen anything on UBC about this. Thai channels?

Tompa,

Channel 7 I think. Most of the games are going to be 2am starts, but there are a few in the groupd stages which will start at 11pm BKK time

I saw the Czech/Swiss game last night on channel 7 but couldn't stay up for the Portugal/Turkey game. Does anyone know if channel 7 or 9 will re-air the games the morning/afternoon after the games are shown live?

So, the Euro has now started.

Any predictions about who will win this thing?

The opening match.

Well, I guess we experienced the most boring opening match ever played. Was watching and wonder how in the world some other countries failed to qualify when these 2 countries did.

Oh well, The Swiss didnt qualify.

Surely it is not possible to get any worse.

I guess a more boring match would have been the 2 hosts playing the opener.

The next one was far better. Far far better.

What a difference in pace, attitude, teqnique/skills.

Turkey impressed me actually. I always knew they were a capable team, but I must say they were impressive here.

As always Portugal has some trouble scoring (3 in the wood work last night).

A fully deserved victory in the end.

Hey! Did you notice Deco and Ronaldo didnt cheat as much as normally?

Referees.

I am very concerned about the referees so far. Scared is more the word.

Amazing to see the refs in those 2 matches not being up to standard at all.

I can watch the games with the Thai commentator turned right down but.......

I've been through google but it's very possible that someone out there has the crucial info.

Thanks in advance.

If you have a dual language TV. You may be able to change it if its in Thai.

I briefly turned the Swiss/Czech Rep match on last night, CH7 & CH9 but on both channels the Eng and Thai sound streams were only broadcasting in Thai. Didn't stay long enough to check for the Ad breaks every 5 minutes!

Edited by gmac

If you have a dual language TV. You may be able to change it if its in Thai.

I briefly turned the Swiss/Czech Rep match on last night, CH7 & CH9 but on both channels the Eng and Thai sound streams were only broadcasting in Thai. Didn't stay long enough to check for the Ad breaks every 5 minutes!

If you are in Chiang Mai you can get it on WE TV. It's on one of the South African sports channels. :o

Guest Bellini
The majority of bar owners I have spoken to in Pattaya aren't showing it, as they are required to purchase some ridiculous license to do so...
yes its setanta

but they are not in the standard foxtel package!...

The UEFA is much too greedy. First they collect horrendous sums of money from the sponsors (advertisers), then they want money also from you, the viewers, to watch those advertisements. Shameful!

Some bonzos in UEFA are getting very rich with this.

After three matches now:

only one sound channel: Thai.

no commercial breaks

I also tried to use a radio commentary but could not manage to synchronize video/TV and audio.

The audio stream over the internet is way to slow.

I don't know about these two radio channels in the UBC package.

Sports Radio

BBC World Service

If BBC broadcasts a commentary then maybe there is a chance to synchronize them.

But then you need two UBC receiver.

Ok, on my way to Suk Soi 5 to watch Germany vs Poland.

Yeah, still less than 40 min to go and the Euro 2008 will really start!

Just watched AUT-CRO, kind of terrible game with a lucky win for the Cevapcicis....

So let's go --- GER - POL 2:0!

Just watched AUT-CRO, kind of terrible game with a lucky win for the Cevapcicis....

dam_n, I should have put some money on my bet....

At least BBC radio have a sense of humour , ridicule or just plain cluelessness . :o

http://blogs.guardian.co.uk/sport/2008/04/...court_jest.html

Worth reading some of the comments underneath the article, btw. :D

Alleluya! Never thought of the terrestrial channels for Euro - so thanks all for clueing me in. But anyone know which particular channel? True to form True lacked the vision to associate their own channel numbering system with that of the terrestrials! God, what a crap broadcaster ... and an equally pants website!!!

Anyway for all those uninitiated just type 'slingbox' in your search engine - and get your old man to buy one. That way you can watch every program in Britain (or wherever your old man is) and catch up on the latest at Coronation Street. It's brilliant - but with the rubbish line speeds here in Thailand - difficult to watch a football game on!

God save the queen.

Does anyone know if the matches screened live are repeated at more convienient times?

I been watching on the True channels 3 & 4 but in the early hours matches coming up I guess Ill be asleep.

I've tried the True website....no luck and no reference to these channels

dam_n, I should have put some money on my bet....

Are you sure?

I just watched GER-CRO

:o