April 26, 200818 yr As you can tell from my other posts, I'm looking to buy a used car. I've found some interesting candidates on the internet (Taladrod, One2Car, etc.). So now, I'd like to check some out pretty soon. Can you recommend a mechanic (maybe but not necessarily Thai who can speak even a little English; as I do speak "some" Thai). Someone I can hire on a per/day basis who can charge me by the day. The 'official' companies who do this are expensive and do not go with you as you make your rounds.
April 26, 200818 yr Best way to go is by word of mouth from trusted Thai family or friends. Many of the guys who own small shops are pretty good with cars (even if their staff are not). It shouldn't be hard to get them to go with you...just agree on the price for their time. If at all possible, get this mechanic to put the car up on a lift or at least for him to get underneath. Lots of the problems can be spotted from there. Good luck!
April 26, 200818 yr Junk, I'm an american certified ASE master mechanic. I'm in bangkok for the next month or so. If you'd like i'd be willing to help you out with your car inspections. Shoot me a PM if you'd be interested, just let me know when and where.
Create an account or sign in to comment