Area Around Khao Sok National Park

Gonsalviz

It has been suggested by a Thai that I may want to live in this area on Hwy 401 or 415. As far as I know he has no vested interest in this.

I told him I wanted to live away from it all. I have no problem with living Thai style except my living quarters would have to be western style. I plan on building that myself on leased land. I figure I would be about 4 hours from Surat or Phuket.

Anybody know anything about this area? :o

Hi Gonsalviz,

I've lived in Phuket for more than 15 years and I'm getting really tired of the traffic, noise, etc. I'm looking at moving to the edge of Phang Nga Town. I'd still be within a bit over an hour from Phuket, Krabi and Khao Sok (my favorite park). 401 is a lovely road. I ride my mountain bike on part of this route. The countryside is lovely and the villages that I've passed through are full of very friendly locals.

I'm also looking at the area just across the Sarasin Bridge (the bridge to Phuket). This way I'll be within easy striking distance to Phuket. This area is also lovely, though a bit flatter. And, I've been doing a lot of bike riding there over the past few months and the locals are extremely friendly and helpful.

PM me if you'd like.

Good luck!

Thanks,

I have wanted to settle in Phuket for years. Last year I started looking at prices. Ridiculous. And it is way overcrowded. I'll be coming back in June to look around. I'll check out the area you are talking about.

Thanks again.