Pizza Blues: Dreaming Of Capriciosa!

ozsamurai

Being from Melbourne, and having enjoyed some of the best pizza there is to have in this world has left me spoit I'm sure. But recently I got a craving for pizza, dug up an old thread here, determined through all opinon that Bangkok Pizza was the way to go. Jumped a cab in the pouring rain to Soi 24/1, getting some definative directions from some motorcycle taxi guys.......its GONE!!!??? website dead, phone not in use??? Did it move?

So I am begging the forum, as one pizza lover to others, where can I get a decent pizza?? Please, no American Pizza Company, Pizza Hut, mass produced pancakes.....thin crust, mountains of cheese, mushrooms and ham, enough salami that you don't have to count the slices.... You Aussies know what I mean..... c'mon guys I'm dying here... :o

Bangkok Pizza was New York Style pizza. The chains that you are mentioning are looked at as 3rd rate pizza in the US. Only kids and people in hurry buy them.

The Duke's in Chiang Mai has two outlets and probably the best pizza in Thailand.

Bangkok Pizza was here last year but seem to have disappeared. They had pretty good Pizza, bst in Thailand I had had but I have not tried the last couple mentioned.

Anyone know what happened to Bangkok Pizza ?

Thanks

There is a Pizza, Pizza located on the 7th Floor of Central World. I have not been to this location, only their newer store in the Avenue Pattaya shopping complex. It is the best pizza I have had in Thailand, but I am partial to Neopolitan thin-crust pizza. Their pizza is authentic, but a little pricey at 250B small/400B large. I also really like their lemonade.

There is a Pizza, Pizza located on the 7th Floor of Central World. I have not been to this location, only their newer store in the Avenue Pattaya shopping complex. It is the best pizza I have had in Thailand, but I am partial to Neopolitan thin-crust pizza. Their pizza is authentic, but a little pricey at 250B small/400B large. I also really like their lemonade.

Well I ordered out Pizzamania tonight and on a scale of 1 - 10 the best I can give it is a 4, nowhere as good as Bangkok Pizza was. To be fare I had it delivered which I am sure did not help.

Last year I talked to the owner of Bangkok Pizza and he said the hardest thing to get was good flour, he used Austrailian flour claiming the local stuff just did not cut it. The most disapointing with Pizza mania was the crust, more like a bland Matzo cracker. Oh well, nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Scoozi Pizza in BKK. I've seen them in a smaller alley in Khao San road, and they have a couple big restaurants in the main shopping malls. Made-to-order pizza baked in a real wood burning oven. Large pizza will set you back 220 baht, they have a HUGE pizza menu.

Edited by hulahula85

• 1 month later...
Being from Melbourne, and having enjoyed some of the best pizza there is to have in this world has left me spoit I'm sure. But recently I got a craving for pizza, dug up an old thread here, determined through all opinon that Bangkok Pizza was the way to go. Jumped a cab in the pouring rain to Soi 24/1, getting some definative directions from some motorcycle taxi guys.......its GONE!!!??? website dead, phone not in use??? Did it move?

So I am begging the forum, as one pizza lover to others, where can I get a decent pizza?? Please, no American Pizza Company, Pizza Hut, mass produced pancakes.....thin crust, mountains of cheese, mushrooms and ham, enough salami that you don't have to count the slices.... You Aussies know what I mean..... c'mon guys I'm dying here... :D

wot? being from Melburn and all hasn't taught you that pizza shouldn't be loaded with toppings as it makes the dough soggy and overload taste buds. Maybe next time you're down under try places like; Red Olives in Fitzroy North - The Calabrian in Carlton North - Sarti in Russel Place, Melbourne among some of the half decent places found in OZ. There are no salami in the Capricciosa.

Going back to your original request, I'm afraid you're going to be disappointed here in krung thep, pizza standard are below Melbourne, and that says it all! The closest to a decent pizza I can think of is Via Vai in the suk, soi 8. The owner is Italian and owns a similar joint in kho samui. Be aware that quality (so to speak) doesn't come cheap, prices are in the 250/300 baht bracket.

Blimey, I can't believe I've been helpful to an aussie .... 'suppose I quite liked Melbourne and the Mexicans :o

I know your not really looking to any of the larger food chains for recommendations but I found Narai Pizzeria suprisingly good, there are a few dotted around BKK. :o

This must be a joke, Narai Pizzeria makes absolutely the worst "pizza" I have ever had the misfortune to try. Thai people like it though, because it is sweet enough for their tastes. If you like ketchup on your undercooked pizza, you will love Narai. Others, please stay away.

I second Bella Napoli as good pizza, even though I know people who refuse to go back there because of the rude owners. Never had problems with them myself.

Limoncello on Suk soi 11 (near the German beer place) has been pretty good for a 'real' Italian (thin crust) pizza, wood fired oven. Not sure if they do a take out although they do have proper doggie-boxes so I suspect you can get a carry out if you ask :D

That said I was a little disappointed with my calzone classico last vist :o

Looks like I'll be out and about checking out Pizza joints, thanks all, will report back on your selections.

Oz

I like the Med Restaurant at the Westin 7th floor on Soi 19 and Sukhumvit. Prices range from 350 to 450++ baht with some interesting combinations. One of the chefs is very heavy with the cheese and some aren't quite as generous. Sorry I don't know his work schedule as I would opt for his cooking each time.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

By FAR the worst service I EVER experienced. The first time I ordered they were 20 minutes late (50 instead of 30 minutes). The prices are OK, and include "free delivery within central Sukhumvit area". I got free delivery, a pizza and a good pasta. Yesterday got a note in the mail with a voucher for a free pizza margherita as the order was late (I did not complain). Nice gesture. Today wanted to order a pasta, drink and get the free pizza. All of a sudden there's a "50 Baht delivery charge, as we closed our Ekkamai branch". I call that screwing your customers.

Don't even know how they got my address to send me the menu in the first place.

Their website still mentions free delivery, but DON"T BELIEVE IT!

The "owner" or manager Rung does not care about anybody. She hung up the phone when I complained.

Strongly advice to skip this "service".

Pizzamania is by far the best pizza homeservice in central Bkk. They can be compared with Pizzerias in Italy, really good! Narai is too fat and not crispy compared to them.