3 Dead Farrang

Nodnols

So sad,all Brits,on route back from Prachuap Kiri Khan.The accident happened by the Army Camp at Suan Son. By the sounds of the reports,the Bus,was overtaking another car,on the corner,and hit the Jazz head on.

As usual,the Bus Driver got away with it,no follow up case. TiT. :o

"...Honda Jazz hit a Bus, 3 Dead in the Jazz around 3am last week..."

Could also possibly be the other way around???

What an excellent and relevant post, bet the relatives of the deceased take comfort in your post.

Apologies if that was misunderstood by anyone.

What I meant was perhaps a too subtle commentary that the bus may have been at fault.

The original post was written as if the car had struck the bus.

There seems a lack of safety concerns with the way many busses in Thailand are driven.

It is sad that this has happened, and to so many others here.

These kinds of accidents will continue to happen inThailand while the police sit on their corrupt lazy fat <deleted> and do nothing in the order of prevention and upholding the law. And a general irresponsible unaccountable society that rarely give a toss about anyone but themselves. I am sad for the loss of life. RIP.

• 3 weeks later...
I cannot believe the the Bus Driver will not be penalised for this, if it was in fact his fault.

The two boys who were killed were the son and step-grandson of a neighbour of mine and I had the unfortunate task of dealing with their deaths and the death of the german girl who was also killed. It was an experience that I hope I never have to undertake again in my life and really opened my eyes as to how the Thai people deal with death.

I photographed the scene the folowing morning, after attending the Hua-Hin hospital to get the boys bodies moved to the mortuary at Soa Paulo hospital as they did not have the facility to keep the bodies chilled there.

The evidence that I saw was that the bus left a skid mark some 45metres long, which started on left hand side of the road and then swept ACROSS the road, therby taking the bus INTO the path of any oncoming vehicle NOT AWAY FROM IT!

The bus then travelled another 40 metres down into the klong before coming to rest in the water.

There was NO sign of any skid or braking marks from the Honda jazz and I beleive that they did not even see the bus coming at them, otherwise they would have swerved AND braked violently to try and avoid the bus.

I later attended the police station in Hua-Hin with my neighbour, along with some Thai friends and presented all the photographs that I had taken and was told that there was an investigation underway.

Unfortunately some 12 days later my Mother was taken seriously ill in the UK and I have only just returned after orgainsing her funeral and have heard nothing yet as to any outcome of the police special investigation.

I agree with one of the previous contributors that it is scandalous that these accidents keep occuring and many of them on almost the same stretch of road.

I am sure that we have all suffered from being intimidated on the roads by the stupid driving of the bus drivers who just use there sheer physical presence to dominate the roads. Also the suitability of many of the bus's is in question (or should be)

I was travelling behind one of the large intercity bus's the other day and it should never have been allowed on the road, as it was blatantly obvious that the chassis was twisted. The bus was 'crabbing' so badly that if the driver had had to brake then I feel sure that the vehicle would have been uncontrollable.

I have to say that the police officer at Hua-Hin that I met, dealt with the case in a very sympathetic manner and I firmly beleive that if the outcome of the investigation had anything to do with him then any evidence that was relavent would be brought in front of the investigating team.

This is probably not the correct time to be saying this, but as I had the onerous task of trying to collect as much photographic evidence as possible I went to photograph the Honda jazz and was amazed as to the integrity of the passenger area after such a horrendous impact and would certainly say that the Jazz's designers did a brilliant job in trying to make this particular vehicle as passenger safe as possible. Unfortunately our bodies can only take just so much G force of impact and this of course is the one problem that cannot be resolved no matter how well a vehicle is designed.

sad sad sad..... but now wonder if you know that just around 5% of Thailand's bus-drivers ever attended classes at a driving-school.

actually, I like to ride a car in Thailand, but the bus-drivers as well as the mini-Bus-drivers are usually indeed a bunch of psychopaths.....

what I do to be on the safe side is to avoid driving after darkness, at least on non-highways with just one lane each...

Edited by THAILIBAN