Laos Consulate Visit

jimmyyy

Walked in yesterday at 1255, first thing i notice, is that they are open from 8-12 and 1-4, so we wait, then at 110 he decides its time to serve the farang, gets the key and opens the door. There are visa forms in a box on the table, no pens so bring one with you, you will also need one passport photo.

Next he looks through my passport for Laos visa, asks me why i am going, i tell him shopping, he says you come back to thailand, i said yes, i have a multi entry visa, he looks, why you go Laos he asks me, i said to go shopping, my wife starts talking in Lao to him, and then he says ok you shop shop, i pay the fee of 1,600 bahtski and sit back down, 10 minutes later i have a 1 entry 60 day tourist visa for Laos. Okay not to shabby.....

Now its my mates turn. He looks through his passport and says why you go laos, he says shopping with me, i wave, he says you come back thailand, he says yes, but your 90 day visa is expiring you need new visa, he says yes needs new visa, and wants to shop.... Now he already had 3 Laos visas in his passport, anyways, they gave him the visa, but told him next time he will be refused.....

The girls don't require a visa, just there passports and an ID card...... They can stay for up to 30 days on it....

I think some of these guys get full of themselves and let the power/position go to their heads.

Especially if no one is looking over their shoulder to keep them in check.

Main thing is you got your visa. It was probably easier than standing & waiting in the heat & sun at the Bridge, IMO.

FYI, I always try and do these "official" things as early as possible in the morning.

Edited by maxjay

"Main thing is you got your visa."

yes and only told not to return, no stamp in passport!

"It was probably easier than standing & waiting in the heat & sun at the Bridge, IMO."

I wouldnt have thought so, give waiting anyday before dealing with a assehole who goes out of his way to piss ya off and knows he's thick but you cant do a thing about it!

chris