Thaksin Asks Manchester City Players To Bow

george

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Taksin is an idiot, we all know that, or most anyway. but, I do not think he would try to make this happen. if he did do it I hope the team goes on strike or something. he can get away with being a di-k in Thailand to farang but not in England.

why dont somebody just wack him? that would be good.

Did I just see a solicitation on ThaiVisa to commit an illegal act toward a Thai national? :D

If it happens, we can trace your ISP address, Onnut! :D

Who are we?? :o and didnt the same Mr T solicit the murder of thousands of innocents!

Sad thing is how many posters here think this story is actually true and cant spot tabloid nonsense when they read it.

You'd think that if it was true then the City fans posting on Bluemoon Forum would be up in arms. As it is, they are sensible enough to dismiss the story as a lame attempt to sell papers.

Sad thing is how many posters here think this story is actually true and cant spot tabloid nonsense when they read it.

You'd think that if it was true then the City fans posting on Bluemoon Forum would be up in arms. As it is, they are sensible enough to dismiss the story as a lame attempt to sell papers.

No, I think most of us know what the truth here is, but it's still pretty funny, and you have to give the British Tabs a bit of credit for creativity and originality. The actual sad thing though, is that in essence it is actually believable considering the little emperors track record. Anyway, the gloves are now of with the British press, and old Taxy isn't going to like it one bit.

Edited by mrtoad

Just wait until he asks the crowd to bow to him as well that should go down good :o:D :D :D

If that were to happen I would imagine those good old English footie fans would turn their backs on him, bow and drop their trousers at the same time. A Man City 'Full Moon' Party.

I have never laughed this much because of a thread. Someone please spit out the truth - Is this for fuc_king real, or is this just an English tabloid reporting out of their asses? If it's false - Whoever the writer is who came up with this should be awarded! If it's true - I just can't wait to see the fan's reactions there - and what a treat that'll be! Thai and international media? - whoa.

Obviously isn't true, the give-away signs being:

• Saying "Bowing is a traditional mark of respect in Shinawatra's native Thailand" which is incorrect as it should be wai-ing not bowing which is the "traditional mark of respect" - if people bow sometimes to royalty then OK, but it's not a "traditional mark of respect" as the paper reports.
  • No-one from Man City Football Club has commented about it. Only "A City insider" - i.e. no-one connected with the club at all
  • The actual report originates from "officials at the Eastlands club" - again, interpret this as meaning no-one who has anything to do with the club

Just a chance to throw some shit at Taxin and stir things up a bit. Which is a good thing in this case, of course.

Good one.... sounds like a Bank Holiday spoof....... :D ....prob from the stable of the hacks in the Daily M... :D

however even if any substance the memories over "ere are very Long......and somethings are hard to forget...never mind loss of face....

From another Time..........

National disgrace: :o

In a picture from a German archive never before published in Britain, the England football team give Nazi salutes in Berlin in 1938

On May 14, 1938, in Berlin's Olympic Stadium, the English football team were blackguarded by the Foreign Office and the Football Association into giving the "Heil Hitler" Nazi salute before a friendly game with Germany.

It was a piece of contemptible cringing rendered even more pathetic and futile because Hitler, who hated sport, didn't bother to turn up. :D

The Nation seems to think the story is true:

Thaksin asks Manchester City players to bow

Manchester City owner Thaksin Shinawatra has hit the club with another shock by asking for the players to bow to him Thai-style before each game, Sunday Mirror reported.

Officials at the Eastlands club have been worried for some time by requests from Thaksin - and his latest is for the team to bow towards him after performing their pre-kick-off sporting handshake with the opposition.

Bowing is a traditional mark of respect in Thaksin's native Thailand. But some at City see this as another example of how the former Thai Prime Minister is turning the club into his personal dictatorship.

A City insider said: "At first we thought it was a joke, but the owner was serious about the players paying their respects. It's just not going to happen."

Sunday Mirror Sport revealed three weeks ago that Thaksin's relationship with manager Sven Goran Eriksson was at breaking point.

And the former England coach will be sacked at the end of the season, despite being less than 12 months into a three-year contract.

Thaksin aims to placate fans by bringing in Phil Scolari after the Brazilian's contract with Portugal expires after Euro 2008.

He is preparing to sack Eriksson against the wishes of all the high-ranking officials he retained at the club when he took over last summer.

Former chairman John Wardle, chief exe cutive Alistair Mackintosh and legal expert Bryan Bodek could follow Eriksson out.

City fans are furious about Thaksin's treatment of Eriksson - and some have demanded season ticket refunds after the Swede issued a personal plea on marketing material urging supporters to renew.

BTW - to the poster who said that Thaksin hates farangs - does Thaksin realize that when he leaves Thailand, HE becomes the farang?

Bowing is a traditional mark of respect in Thaksin's native Thailand.

It is? And I thought it wa wai-ing. Maybe they're confusing Thaksin with being Japanese?

There's one Family that Thais always bow to.....and it's not the Shinawatras... :o

Edited by sriracha john

There's one Family that Thais always bow to.....and it's not the Shinawatras... :o
Yes, but to the Shinawatras bow to that family?

No

That is why this whole thing has gone this far. They gave them $ in the late 90's. Thought they owned them.

Ever seen Thai's when they go berserk in a family fight over money and control and perceived respect?

Perceived respect...Loss of face. Try to think in realistic terms. Thais will freak out over these things.

The higher the level....the more freaking out.

:D

Ha..ha.. :o

I've got my Thai flag with the words "Hail Dip Shit" written on it to display tomorrow in front of my house...

( if this is true, I'll do it and I live in Thaksin country)

Immigration...here I come... :D

Too good to be true I say..

I have never laughed this much because of a thread. Someone please spit out the truth - Is this for fuc_king real, or is this just an English tabloid reporting out of their asses? If it's false - Whoever the writer is who came up with this should be awarded! If it's true - I just can't wait to see the fan's reactions there - and what a treat that'll be! Thai and international media? - whoa.

Oops, I was about to make a comment and then noticed you used the word 'and' in-between Thai and international.

Carry on :o

He needs to remember that respect is earnt in England, not bought.

Hmmm...is there any country where respect does not have to be earned?

If the story is true, this is probably something he asked for quite a while ago when he believed that this respect was earned. It's hardly anything brought up in the last week when it has definitely been lost.

If the story is true, this is probably something he asked for quite a while ago when he believed that this respect was earned. It's hardly anything brought up in the last week when it has definitely been lost.

I can think of a few places. :o

Nice one Tony. If the English players didn't bow to a certain Anthen - would they also be charged with insulting a certain Thai institution? Oh no! Forget the flag! The NATION Newspaper would have other Thai-Chin families to protect I'm sure!!!!

Sorry Tony if that scared you..

Edited by thaigene2

ermmmm, just a wild guess but.....thailand ?

Hilarious. I'm surprised so many people don't believe the story. They're obviously using 'bow' instead of 'wai' because maybe 1 in a thousand readers know what a 'wai' is, but labeling it a Thai style bow is something everyone can understand. Remember, there is only one reason he bought this team, to further his monetary and political interests back in Thailand. Thaksin firing the coaches, getting players to wai him, etc, is all designed to make him look like an important man back Thailand, a man even the farangs in the UK bow before and are afraid of.

I look forward to seeing what creative chants the Man City fans are gonna think up. Someone should teach them some Thai.

Bowing is a traditional mark of respect in Thaksin's native Thailand.

It is? And I thought it wa wai-ing. Maybe they're confusing Thaksin with being Japanese?

In Thailand people wai each other and bow to royalty. Maybe Thaksin thinks he is is some sort of king (of soccer)? :o

Soccer?

Do you mean football?