Australian Spouse Visa

Hi all. Well, it's another week until I can apply for the spouse visa to Australia as we are waiting for the police check to come through next Wednesday. I have a couple of questions again for those in the know.

1) For the ID...do they only want the Thai birth certificate translated to English or do you have to include the Thai National ID card and Tambian Ban housebook as well?

2) Where it says "how much money/assets are you bringing into Australia?"...feels like a bit of a trick question as it's not asking about bank balances, but cash in hand, right? Is 200,000 too much, too little, just right (and do you have to prove the amount?!).

Our application is already about 2 inches thick, just a few loose ends and hopefully smooth sailing after that.

Thanks so much.

On the police check - have you been living in Australia ?

If over 12 months they may request an AFP clearance - this happened to me and threw our timing out the window.

Fishooks is correct on the ID translations I thought they only needed one (misread the document obviously) - anyway can be arranged easily

I think she/ we answered the money question as nil - bearing in mind it's her application

All the best

Kel

In regard to the money question, as I was the sponsor (spouse) we put down zero for the amount of money being bought into the country. It was not queried as I showed evidence of my pay slips, letter from employer etc.

For all the translations I brought the ID, tabian bahn, birth certificate, several papers from amphur to verify that my wife was the sole carer for the kids, any change of name forms for the wife or kids etc. I think in this case that more is better than not enough. Dont forget that there is a translation service on the ground floor of the building. We used it and they had everything done overnight and they also have a service for stuff that needs to be translated within an hour or so.

Good luck

In regard to the money question, as I was the sponsor (spouse) we put down zero for the amount of money being bought into the country. It was not queried as I showed evidence of my pay slips, letter from employer etc.

For all the translations I brought the ID, tabian bahn, birth certificate, several papers from amphur to verify that my wife was the sole carer for the kids, any change of name forms for the wife or kids etc. I think in this case that more is better than not enough. Dont forget that there is a translation service on the ground floor of the building. We used it and they had everything done overnight and they also have a service for stuff that needs to be translated within an hour or so.

Good luck

I'm sorry, the translation service is on the ground floor of which building?

It sounds quite convenient.

Thanks

Good luck

I'm sorry, the translation service is on the ground floor of which building?

It sounds quite convenient.

Thanks

Its on the ground floor of the CC building where the Visa Application Centre is. As you enter the building veer around to the left and follow the corridor towards the food court. Its almost opposite the small 7/11 shop there.

Thanks for the responses..I haven't been on the computer for a few days to reply. The small figure makes me feel better about things. I think the only thing I'm slightly concerned about now is that I've been living in Thailand for the last three years, officially not working (unofficially have own business at home in the village which is officially HIS business) so we're only going on the savings in my bank account which I won't disclose but I hope is enough to satify their desires.

Very much appreciate your answers :o