Outdoor Showers

I notice that many of the hotels in Koh Tao have outdoor showers. Does this mean that guests are eaten alive by mosquitos while showering?! And are the toilets in these hotels 'outside' too? If so, can anyone recommend hotels where the facilities are indoors?

Try looking at hotels over 150 THB a night :D

I have never encounter this before.... but have seen outdoor showers and toilets many a time at labour/construction sites

:o I have seen some of the new 5 star resorts with this outdoor showers, but it is enclosed from all side except the sky!....and maybe Bankok Air! :D

Try looking at hotels over 150 THB a night :D

I have never encounter this before.... but have seen outdoor showers and toilets many a time at labour/construction sites

:D I have seen some of the new 5 star resorts with this outdoor showers, but it is enclosed from all side except the sky!....and maybe Bankok Air! :D

:o but i am sure they charge 150$usd a night then 150 THB...... these outdoor showers are a deign feature :D

A lot of the newer resorts that are aiming for an ‘au naturelle’ atmosphere seem to have outdoor showers and I had similar concerns about the mosquito’s....

Fortunately the toilets are inside so ‘squeezing one out’ is not so traumatic if you are one of those who gets eaten by mosquito’s with monstrous ferocity.

I found that I don’t get bitten in the shower when I’m staying at resorts with outside showers (although I didn’t hang around in / out there).