Rare Blood Type Urgently Needed

mtnthai

--------------------------------------

Blood plasma found, thanks for all your help!

---------------------------------------------------------

PLEASE HELP THIS FAMILY IF YOU CAN.

THIS IS A VERY RARE AND HARD TO FIND BLOOD TYPE IN THAILAND

AND ANY HELP WILL BE APPRECIATED.[/b]

REGARDS,

MTNTHAI

Dear All

I need your supporting to my aunt now she is in the St.Paolo Hospital Bkk. And wating for the Blood group "B" without "Anti I" and "Anti MIA" Her name is Mrs.Kanha Preaw Thip or call me at [xxxxxxxxxx] or directly to The Hospital URGENT. Thank you

Rgds,

Palm

Edited by george

Here is the contact information for the hospital:

Address:

670/1 Paholyothin Road

Samsennai

Phyathai

Bangkok 10400

Tel:

0-2271-0227

0-2279-7000-9

As this is a very specific and rare blood type I advise that you call them and get very specific information before going down if you believe that you fit the criteria.

Thanks for all the help and concern.

Regards,

mtnthai

Although we have yet to find anyone who fits the criteria I would like to say thanks to all.

In just about 3 hours 329 people have read their emails and gone to see the post.

I will assume it is in an effort to help.

This group of Thai Visa Forum members is always great with their responsiveness to the needs of the community as a whole and I commended you all.

At least our little corner of the world is functioning today.

Regards,

mtnthai

Will send e-mail to my friends in Thailand. Hope can find somebody and help.

Will also want to point out how beneficial can be this Forum for westerners and the public.

I am aware that thopics can not be multiposted however I would suggest that in cases like this, that require urgent and wide coverage, perhaps the ThaiVisa Moderators should be able to post them in varios other areas of the Forum (exceptions to the rule exists everywhere).

I'm B Rh Negative, BUT I'm at the moment not located in Thailand, but working in Greece / Europe.

I have before given blood where it has been send overseas by plane in urgent matters due to the rareity of this bloodtype. I will furthermore try to call the above number.

Regards

I live in BKK and I'm blood type B...but I just experienced minor vertigo 2 days ago and was on medication(stop taking them today as the doc told me I can stop as soon as I feel better...), would love to help if they can use my blood...contact me if necessary...

hi guys,

perhaps,

it would serve the community well if all members that cared to,

registered their blood type with the forum.

this is not the first call for blood that i've heard here.

the logistics of contact, etc, among these far flung members is problematic,

but

AB-

xtg

Just got this email, hope it can be of any help:

--

To: admin[at]thaivisa.com

Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2004 15:01:27 +0200

Subject: REQUEST FOR RARE BLOODPLASMA

please notice that - how good your intentions were - you are not at all on the best track !

- the best is to enter such requests, to :

" International Red Cross, - Genève - " Switserland / Phone number 001 41 22 734 60 01

- there will also be an immediate need to have the full, accurate , scientifical norm of the required bloodplasma ready on an e-mail attachment !

please inform hospital and patient from this.

If involved patient to poor to bear eventual costs, I am considering to sponsor ( pom rak khon thai mak mak )

chok dee !

jean le paige

formerly lawyer in Belgium & Paris,

at present novellist

mobile phone 001 32 475 26 75 48

please notice that - how good your intentions were - you are not at all on the best track !

- the best is to enter such requests, to :

" International Red Cross, - Genève - " Switserland / Phone number 001 41 22 734 60 01

No wonder so many people die.

Is it a joke? :o

[-  the best  is  to  enter such  requests,    to  :

" International Red Cross,  - Genève -  " Switserland / Phone number 001 41  22  734  60  01

Yes, and furtermore that number is the "official" number and closed on weekends and the number written is also wrong ! 001 is area code for the US.

Correct number is : +41-227346001

I agrre with "thatguy" also on his point of view. Maybe it can be done with the help of Red Cross in Bangkok ? Or that information could be entered into a sort of bloodbank database, of course this should be with members full consent !

Regards

**Edit** Content to consent LOL was a little fast on the keyboard there

Yes, and furtermore that number is the "official" number and closed on weekends and the number written is also wrong ! 001 is area code for the US.

Correct number is : +41-227346001

Nick

001 is the international dialling code from Thailand - ie, what you have to press if you don't have a '+' button. Though it's much cheaper to dial 009 .....

I got another email on this subject.

/George

Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2004 02:23:22 EDT

Subject: Re: [thaivisa.com] Rare Blood Type Urgently Needed

Dear Thai Visa:

In response to your lastest urgent plea for rare blood types.

There continually seems to a recurring problem with a shortage in Thailand of 2 rare blood types;which are: type O negative and type B. May I suggest that all of you copied please but your egos aside and find some way to solve this problem. Find a way to have a constant supply of these types on hand in the major cities of Thailand. It is a life or death matter for the Farang Community which should supercede the prices of beer at Nana or Cowboy. All of you are leaders in this community please collectively take and action.

Sincereley

Joe Miller

Here's a quick FYI - The Bangkok Red Cross is located on Thanon Henri Dunant(sp?), not far from the Sala Dang BTS Station. Sorry not to be more specific, but I don't have a map in front of me at the moment.

I've taught a few classes there and know that they have nurses, technicians, etc.. who speak at least some English.