Beer Poll

Eric1949

Beer  

278 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Pffffffff... You call that stuff beer?

A good beer is a cold Colorado microbrew. I am absolutely positive that Colorado has better beers in a 100 mile radius than there are in the rest of the world!

Try a 'Fat Tire' some day and you'll see what I'm talking about.....

beer_label_ft.png

Colorado has excellent micro breweries as does Northern Cali, specially Mendocino

btw I love the name of your chosen beer(Fat Tire) as I am a fat tire fanatic(mountain biking)

I agree Northern CA has a few tasty microbrews as well.

I chose 'Fat Tire' because it is one of my favs..... My mouth is just watering writing about it as it has been about 2 years since I have had one. I used to keep a pony barrel on tap in my homemade keggerator when I lived in Colorado. Stayed fresh and lasted about 2-3 weeks or less when friends came over. (Seems like I made more friends when the keggerator was full.... :D ...)

BTW, I truly enjoyed my days at mountain bike riding in the front range of the beautiful Colorado Rockies.... (And they call these here 'bumps' in Chiang Mai mountains..... :o )

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kloster, but I was told at one restaurant last week that it's not made anymore.

My other favourite was Singha Gold, not made anymore.

Black Cat whisky, not made anymore.

Now I drink Archar but can't get that in most bars so have to settle for Chang.

Does anybody know if hoegaarden white beer is available in Pattaya, villa maybe? Excellent drop of booze. If not can anybody recommend something similar?

Don't know if it's available in Pattaya, but if you want something similar I can suggest you pour a bottle of fizzy water into a glass and throw in a couple of sliced limes ....... you'll never tell the difference!! :o

and for anyone in Blighty in August..........its...the...

Great British Beer Festival 2008

Next Festival:Earls Court, London, 5-9 August 2008

Tue 1700 to 2230

Wed, Thu, Fri 1200 to 2230

Sat 1100 to 1900

The Great British Beer Festival at Earls Court is Britain's biggest beer festival and brings together a wide range of real ales, ciders, perries and international beers. There will be at least 450 beers available throughout the festival including golden ales, fruit beers, stouts, bitters and some international real lagers. As well as a great selection of beer there is also cider and perry, all available in pint, half pint and third pint measures.

There's plenty to occupy you at the festival, you can play on some traditional pub games, enjoy the live music, sample some food including some good traditional pub snacks and also attend tutored beer tastings. The tutored tastings usually sell out in advance so please book these early to avoid disappointment.

Keep watching this space for more information on the 31st Great British Beer Festival. :o:D

From Last year...Hic

Does anybody know if hoegaarden white beer is available in Pattaya, villa maybe? Excellent drop of booze. If not can anybody recommend something similar?

Probably at Klein Vlaanderen, they have Duvel for sure.

Think there are two other Belgian beer bars in Patters, maybe google?

never heard of the google beer bar. where is it located? do they have a good selection of beers?

Edited by jstumbo

:D

and for anyone in Blighty in August..........its...the...

Great British Beer Festival 2008

Next Festival:Earls Court, London, 5-9 August 2008

Tue 1700 to 2230

Wed, Thu, Fri 1200 to 2230

Sat 1100 to 1900

The Great British Beer Festival at Earls Court is Britain's biggest beer festival and brings together a wide range of real ales, ciders, perries and international beers. There will be at least 450 beers available throughout the festival including golden ales, fruit beers, stouts, bitters and some international real lagers. As well as a great selection of beer there is also cider and perry, all available in pint, half pint and third pint measures.

There's plenty to occupy you at the festival, you can play on some traditional pub games, enjoy the live music, sample some food including some good traditional pub snacks and also attend tutored beer tastings. The tutored tastings usually sell out in advance so please book these early to avoid disappointment.

Keep watching this space for more information on the 31st Great British Beer Festival. :o:D

From Last year...Hic

:D

Can only hope your bad luck continues and it isn't too long before they stop making Archar !!

If you don't mind, could you possibly put the "kiss of death" on CHEERS next. :D

Will do my best as I've been known to drink it in Carrefour while having lunch! :o

San Miguel light or beer Loa for me, however I would love to get my hands on some good Aussie beer!

Craig :o:D

That is one of the biggest contradiction in terms I've ever seen. I've lost count of the number of arguments I've had with Ozzie's who think they make "beer". They don't. One chap even told me couldn't ever live abroad as nowhere serves VB. That's VB!

Interesting insight, from someone who oboviously knows Australia and Aussies (not). Just for your reference and education Super Han, taste is an individual thing and yes Australia does make good beers, I'm guessing you just have not tried any. However I certainly do not rate VB as good!

Craig

• 1 month later...

When I was in Oz, I drank Tooey's Red (spelling??), but my preferred beers are czech like Zlatopramen, Staropramen and Budweiser Budvar. When in Thailand, I usually start with a few Tigers or Singhas and then move onto Tequila mixed with Red Bull.

When I lived on Samui I used to drink nothing but Chang, (nothing to touch it)....

but now I live in Isaan I have had to move onto Leo because I cant get Chang in small bottles. (I do like drinking straight from the bottle).

Does anyone know why nobody in Isaan sells Chang in small bottles.

(I have actually found one place that does, and the only one place...Tesco's in Korat sell small bottles single'ly off the shelf but they wont sell me a box of 24. ??????)

And while we are on the subject why do most hotels only sell Singha or Heineken.

HL :o

I hadn't had a drink in over 15 years, when last December my brother in law talked me into trying a Paulaner Wheat Beer. If there's a nectar of the God's, that would be it. About the most delicious thing that's slipped past my lips, ever. I'm not waiting more than 5 years for the next one.

In Thailand, definitly Singha since Chang allready gives me a hangover while drinking!

Back in europe it's Jupiler, Wieckse Witte and in a crazy mood a Kriek!

All bottled!

And yes Heineken is just water under pressure if u ask me!

Try a 'Fat Tire' some day and you'll see what I'm talking about.....

yay! i love fat tire! (grew up in colorado)... probably enjoy a sunshine better though. god i miss microbrews! i drink singha or san miguel lite here. :o

Edited by girlx

I miss micro brews from the U.S. There are to many to list from the Northeast alone. I especially miss Harpoon. (Boston beer) I also like many English, German, Belgian, etc. beers (ales) as well. Unfortunately Thailand does not produce a 'world class beer", but I am not a "beer snob" either. Since beggars can't be choosers I'll stick with Leo! :o

Edited by mizzi39

When I'm in Thailand it's Singha (just a pity it aint more available draft).

Mental note : must hunt down some Beer Lao next time I'm in Thailand, so many people say good things about it they can't all be wrong.

Here in VN it's Bia Saigon or maybe Saigon Special or if really pushed Saigon Export (bit too strong for a session drink). There's a nice local brew called Bia Dung Quat but it's not so available.

One I try and avoid is Ba Ba Ba (333), for some reason it gives me a rotten head the next day. Not a headache but just a detached feeling like I'm not really in control.

Never really liked San Miguel (regular or lite) in the Philippines but Red Horse was a decent brew but a bit on the strong side.

Don't like any beer with "Lite" on the label. May as well drink naam sodah, the taste is no different.

But wherever I am if it's in the Tropics the beer has to be bluddy cold, I'll even put up with ice in it as long as it is cold.

Back in the UK I drink any one of dozens of real ales and to nail me down to one would be impossible, it depends on my mood and the surroundings.

Here in VN it's Bia Saigon or maybe Saigon Special or if really pushed Saigon Export (bit too strong for a session drink). There's a nice local brew called Bia Dung Quat but it's not so available.

One I try and avoid is Ba Ba Ba (333), for some reason it gives me a rotten head the next day. Not a headache but just a detached feeling like I'm not really in control.

Never got on with Saigon beer, I'd stick to the Tiger or San Mig in 'respectable' joints.

However, Friday nights with the gang, we'd be down at one of the Bia Tuoi places. One step up from the back-alley plastic bottle bia hoi fare. Pacific Beer Garden on Le Thanh Ton would sell glasses of the stuff for (scratches head) about 50 cents (?). Not the best beer, for sure, but tasty enough and the price meant everyone from the office could afford to drink there.

Pity there isn't the same culture here, and that the only ''micro-brew'' stuff you can get is the expensive stuff at Roadhouse, Tawan Daeng, The Londoner and German beer halls.

Beer Lao Dark. As recommended by the Koran.

+1 :D

+2 :o

+3 :D

beer lao, plus a full moon by the mekong

chang, plus a serving of 'laap' when in the isaan

red horse, and a nice 'kinilaw' (barracuda sashimi) when in the pi

Edited by ai kwaan

I can't believe that the most popular beer is Heineken. It is the only fruity tasting beer in the country and maybe the world. I'd rather have a Budweiser and that is not much of a beer. My favorite is Archa but most people won't drink it because it is cheap. I drink San Miguel Light when I am in Jomtien because they normally don't have Archa and also because I can drink it all night and not get too drunk. Maybe the best thing is that I don't have a hangover.

I thought is available at the belgian restaurant (patrick) in pattaya, did find rodenbach in foodland and stella in lotus.