Kawasaki Ninja 250r Arrival Date?

anuban

I have looked and asked around for the actual arrival date of the Kawasaki Ninja 250R here in Thailand, and the best answer I have gotten is August 2008. The local dealer made it sound as if I could not even pre-order a bike until August. Has anybody else seen or heard of anything different or more definitive(as in actual date)?

The August arrival date is from the local dealer, and the price he quoted is 150,000. I have also seen the price on a couple of other sites. Some quoted prices are as high as 180,000 (on road price) but nothing positive from Kawasaki Thailand. Any other news or stories would be appreciated!!!

Thank you

Anuban :o

P.S. If somebody else has pre-ordered a Ninja 250 here in thailand, where have they done it and how much did they have to put down?

If it does arrive here it'll probably be in very limited numbers....good luck

geoffphuket

Thanks for the reply Geoffphuket, however, I am looking for more than mere speculation and opinion! I already like the bike and know what it looks liks, I am just looking for information.

Anuban

Edited by anuban

Interestingly enough the May issue of Motorcyclist had an article on the '08 Ninja 250. Obviously it was the American version (read: no fuel injection), and gave it 4 out of 5 stars. They didn't list a HP/Torque rating, but did list the price stateside as $3499-an increase of $500. They mentioned that the seat hight was improved, bemoaned the storage space, etc. Comments were made that over 70% of the engine was updated with smoother power in the low to mid range. Also, the wheels and brakes were given a thumbs up. The thing they raved on the most about was the suspension/chassis geometry which solved the older model's shortcomings.

Now, if we could really get a honest to goodness response from some Kawasaki big wig on if and/or when we can expect it and its price point.

The cost of on the road in Thailand is about 1200 Baht, which is 600 Baht registry fee and about the same for insurance. Kawasaki dealers, or in fact most motorcycle dealer of any brand, don't think that far ahead about doing business.

Pre-order of motorcycles is something of 2 weeks, maybe 1 months if it is really special. With the first 250cc, everybody is waiting for Kawasaki to take the heat and look how the market reacts....

Richard..

Would that apply to ANY 250cc bike ?? Second hand included ?? What about that emissions test I am informed about to get a book ??

Can I as a regular person easily bring in sub 250cc bikes yet ?? How and where ??

@LivingLOS

As the 250cc rule is very new, and yes there seems to be a emission test, it is hard to predict how things will go. I not see any difference in new or second hand bikes, but again, lots of things going to be changed.

Some people tell me that, in 2009 all newly sold motorcycles in Thailand have to pass a emission test yearly.

I was told the emissions test alone is 30k.. and thats pass or fail.. fail and you simply lose it ?!?!

Of course that means it needs some grease (or a contact) to ensure you pass.. As per bloody usual..

Is that correct info ??

Well, as I thought, it doesn't seem like anybody really knows anything more than I already know. There might even be a good chance that the Kawasaki people don't even know the details yet. Hmmm frustrating.

Well, as I thought, it doesn't seem like anybody really knows anything more than I already know. There might even be a good chance that the Kawasaki people don't even know the details yet. Hmmm frustrating.

Patience, time will tell. :o

• 1 month later...
I went down & met up with Tropical John today at the hospital. The bikes are being made in Rayong. Aug 2008 sounds about right to me.

I predict good sales numbers.

Wish Tropical John speedy recovery (?).

I'm a bit more pessimistic about sales numbers, but if they do end up selling in Thailand, I may just spring for one. Especially if it's the Fuel Injected model. However, if it isn't out by October, as I mentioned in another thread I will buy a CB 400.

I have looked and asked around for the actual arrival date of the Kawasaki Ninja 250R here in Thailand, and the best answer I have gotten is August 2008. The local dealer made it sound as if I could not even pre-order a bike until August. Has anybody else seen or heard of anything different or more definitive(as in actual date)?

The August arrival date is from the local dealer, and the price he quoted is 150,000. I have also seen the price on a couple of other sites. Some quoted prices are as high as 180,000 (on road price) but nothing positive from Kawasaki Thailand. Any other news or stories would be appreciated!!!

Thank you

Anuban :D

P.S. If somebody else has pre-ordered a Ninja 250 here in thailand, where have they done it and how much did they have to put down?

I reckon you could torture a thai and still not get an answer, i have asked all the dealers when the kawasaki klx250 is to arrive, i got july and approx 150,.why is it top secret ? , :o

They had a kawasaki klx 250 and a d tracker at the motor show in bangkok last year but there still not on the thai market. you could be waiting a long time.
Klx250 will be in the showrooms within 6 weeks !

Hi guys.

I would like to ask a few questions while on this topic. I am a newb when it come to bikes but I would like to get one. I’ve read a lot about the ninja 250 2008 model and it dose look like it will come out around August sometime. I am still learning on the 150cc scooter and that is my friends. I live in Bangkok and I would like to maybe get the Ninja cus they said it’s excellent for beginners, would you guys agree? Mentioned in this topic is the Honda CB400 and the 2004 model looks very nice, but would this be like jumping in the deep end 1st if I went out and found one for sale? If any advice will be much appreciated!

They had a kawasaki klx 250 and a d tracker at the motor show in bangkok last year but there still not on the thai market. you could be waiting a long time.
Klx250 will be in the showrooms within 6 weeks !

Hi guys.

I would like to ask a few questions while on this topic. I am a newb when it come to bikes but I would like to get one. I've read a lot about the ninja 250 2008 model and it dose look like it will come out around August sometime. I am still learning on the 150cc scooter and that is my friends. I live in Bangkok and I would like to maybe get the Ninja cus they said it's excellent for beginners, would you guys agree? Mentioned in this topic is the Honda CB400 and the 2004 model looks very nice, but would this be like jumping in the deep end 1st if I went out and found one for sale? If any advice will be much appreciated!

I have ridden my friend's Ninja 250 in the states (89-? model). It is a great learner's bike. Supposedly Kawie has revamped the power delivery to put more down low so that you don't have to wring its neck so much to really get going; but I can't verify that since I haven't ridden the '08 model but rather just read about it in the bike mags.

I have rented a CBR 400 before and although it was obviously a rental that had been ridden, and abused, by every Tom, Dick and Harry to have passed through Patters, I still thought it was rather gutless. Seemed very heavy for the amount of power that was on tap. I know that if I buy a 400, I shall definitely make sure that it has more power than that. So basically, no I don't think that it would be too big of a bike for you to buy for your first one. That is assuming you have experience with clutches, Bangkok traffic riding, and are strong enough to pick it up by yourself when you drop it. Because I know few people who haven't dropped their first bike, myself included :o .

I would like to ask a few questions while on this topic. I am a newb when it come to bikes but I would like to get one. I’ve read a lot about the ninja 250 2008 model and it dose look like it will come out around August sometime. I am still learning on the 150cc scooter and that is my friends. I live in Bangkok and I would like to maybe get the Ninja cus they said it’s excellent for beginners, would you guys agree? Mentioned in this topic is the Honda CB400 and the 2004 model looks very nice, but would this be like jumping in the deep end 1st if I went out and found one for sale? If any advice will be much appreciated

It's a different riding position. A 2004 is a Hyper V tec. I know where there are a few sitting on Srinakarin Road. PM me if you are interested. They have gobs of power - especially above 100 kph where these little bikes run out of steam.

What kind of price could you find a (those) booked Hyper VTEC for ?? Prices I had seen for any of those had been in excess of 200k and if I am paying that much I would import a real big bike from home and keep it on home plates..

This ( IMHO ) will be the perfect bike for thailand,if its 150.000 as they suggest il have one before they finish wheeling it in the showroom ! 09_kawasaki_klx250s_graphic.jpg

Also to be available in RED. Though the Kawasaki racing green is nice.

This ( IMHO ) will be the perfect bike for thailand,if its 150.000 as they suggest il have one before they finish wheeling it in the showroom ! 09_kawasaki_klx250s_graphic.jpg

Also to be available in RED. Though the Kawasaki racing green is nice.

Will the red be available in thailand ? normally its reserved for parts of europe, i actually changed one from green to red in 1995, i sourced the red plastics from france,.

• 1 month later...

Happy to report that finally the Kawasaki Big Bike showroom in Bangkok is accepting orders for the new 2008 Ninja 250R.

Also happy to announce that the price is less than the rumored 150,000 - 180,000 price that has been floating around on various forums.

Price before tax and registration is 139,900

7% tax is 9479

Registration is a couple thousand.

Full insurance is available at the showroom.

They will start delivering the new bikes in the next week icon_biggrin.gif

Let the good times roll!

0813BabyNinja1Sm.jpg