I would really appreciate some advice on what to do banking wise with 30K ish GPB?

I look set to come into some money part inheritence from my father part share in a sale we had together..

I have been in Thailand nearly 6 years and found on my return to UK last September that banks where unwilling to let me open an account without proof of uk residence/job/utility bills.

At the time I wasn't so botherd but now i have a chunk of money arriving in the next month or two I wonder what my best options are? (I dont want to send it to Thailand)

can anyone help?

offshore? singapore? isle of man? swiss account?

Thank you in advance for any helpful information.

Singapore is OK, I hear. HSBC maybe. The law in Austria guarantees banking privacy. Otherwise, avoid Europe. IoM and CI's are no good now. A Lebanese banker told me that his country kept customers' banking affairs private but it's an odd place to do business, I would have thought.

If you use Singapore and some other places, you will have to invest in time deposits to get a good return.

Singapore is OK, I hear. HSBC maybe. The law in Austria guarantees banking privacy. Otherwise, avoid Europe. IoM and CI's are no good now. A Lebanese banker told me that his country kept customers' banking affairs private but it's an odd place to do business, I would have thought.

If you use Singapore and some other places, you will have to invest in time deposits to get a good return.

Definite Singapore....but not HSBC....cr*p customers service.......

Try Citibank International Banking on Orchard Road