When Do You Know You've Had Enough?

qwertz

There must be a certain magic in Thailand.

Even when I have enough money to go elsewhere, I only have to look into my travel agent's and they ask "Thailand again is it?"

The only radical change I've made in that plan for the last 28 years is that I now fly on to Australia and stopover again on the way

back.

Can I get help for this condition, am I a Thailand junkie?

I get back to Germany and start with the shakes if I can't get Thai food.

Edited by qwertz

You arer not alone, qwertz. I have only been coming to Thailand for the last 8 years (visit number 30 coming up soon). I guess we are addicted. When I land at Suvarnabhumi, it's like taking off army boots and putting on a pair of slippers. Even Passport Control now says 'welcome home.'

Peter

I can certainly understand your addiction and love affair with Thailand as I was also a Thailand junkie for many years. Things somewhat changed for me however after I got married several years ago. I still love Thailand and try to get over there for at least a month or two each year but I now find that it is just not as exciting for me since I no longer partake in the nightlife scene and other wild things I used to do. I now spend most of my time in Thailand doing more mundane things like going out with my wife's friends, getting massages everyday, shopping, and eating great Thai food. It is still great fun and I really enjoy the scuba diving out of Phuket but my addiction is now somewhat less and I now spend more of my time going to other countries that I also really enjoy of which Australia is one of my favourites.

I think that if you live in Thailand for a few years your relationship with it changes. It just becomes the norm and trips back to my home country are enjoyed. I guess its the same everywhere.

Yes, many of us have an addiction to Thailand. I try to visit 2-3 times a year. However, it doesn't always work out that way and for the past few years we've only managed 1 vist a year (okay, for a month each time) and I feel cheated! I need to spend more time in Thailand but finding the time is difficult!

There must be a certain magic in Thailand.

Even when I have enough money to go elsewhere, I only have to look into my travel agent's and they ask "Thailand again is it?"

The only radical change I've made in that plan for the last 28 years is that I now fly on to Australia and stopover again on the way

back.

Can I get help for this condition, am I a Thailand junkie?

I get back to Germany and start with the shakes if I can't get Thai food.

$$$$$$$$

Hello my name is Pepe' and I am a Thaiaholic.

Knowing you have a problem is half the battle.

What you do about it is the other half.

One day at a time bro... :D:o:D

Beats Blackpool for a Long Weekend ..fed up wiff candy floss,soggy chips and warm beer. :D
d

$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I do love Thailand but with the flood of Mexican chikas and Thai Pooying to San Diego looks like I can stay home and have fun too... :o

Rinrada beat me to it. I was going to say it beats going to Aberdeen in December or Tucson in July. It beats going to Venezuela during the general strike, when things were cheap as chips and I could speak the lingo but kept thinking there had to be some place better. Two weeks later I heard of a place called Thailand and now I know I will never get back to South America.

guess I must be an uncureable addict lol, nearly 45 years of working all over the world but always being drawn back to thailand, have infected all my family, even the grandkids from country queensland absolutely love it :D Dont do the bargirl bit or drinking myself daft anymore and always discovering and enjoying more of LOS, Gwertz next time you are coming to Oz your are welcome to put your feet under our table :o Nignoy

guess I must be an uncureable addict lol, nearly 45 years of working all over the world but always being drawn back to thailand, have infected all my family, even the grandkids from country queensland absolutely love it :D Dont do the bargirl bit or drinking myself daft anymore and always discovering and enjoying more of LOS, Gwertz next time you are coming to Oz your are welcome to put your feet under our table :o Nignoy

Shall we have TV Sydney pissup?

There are two kinds of western residents living in Thailand, the economic refugees who don't have enough funds to go anywhere else, not even back to their home country's, who are irrelevant to this topic and the non immigrant visa marrieds, workers and retirees, that have the preference to live anywhere else.

There is nothing wrong with being a Thailand junkie and loving it. As they say, home is where the heart is or wherever I lay my hat, that's my home.

Edited by distortedlink

I used to be a Thai junkie, but the bullshit now attached to living/travelling in Thailand is way too much for me.

Luckily, I found the Thailand of 10 years ago very nearby. It's called "Cambodia". Now I'm a Cambo junkie, and loving it.

I'll be in Melbourne in October, anywhere near you?

As I remember, you and I have some things in common.

My addiction could be due to me never having had bad times in Thailand, aside from my 2nd wife dying there, which I can hardly

blame on Thailand.

Edited by qwertz