Looking For Cheap, Nice Place To Stay In Good Area.

mataleo

Hi, I am going to Chiang Mai 27.june, for few days (then move on sea), I am looking for some nice place to stay. As I do not spend my time in room (only sleep and shower, cuz not like waist my time) I am after some cheap guesthouse/hotel. (lets say 400-1000thb).

So far i find 2 that I like, but i am not sure about where should I book, so I would like you to give me some info about it.

Whats most important for me is clean rooms with electicity, private shower and toilet, and location close to some enterteiment area like bars discos. ... night bazar.

Any feedback on this 2 please, whitch one is nicer :o

Walai House

Lai Thai

Walai - 450thb looks nice, not sure about location

Lai thai - 650thb looks ok too, may b better location? closer to action?

anyway if walai is not too far its fine cuz i am young, and can walk (i like) too, and use local transport too.

If you know any similar hostels, please post it here.

And good think is I can book it online witout deposid required.

Thank You.

:D

Kris

Edited by mataleo

I would say that Walai House is a little too far away from the action. It's in the Santitham area of town which is, in my opinion, a little rough. The guesthouse does look nice though. As for Lah Thai, it's definately in a better location, but I think you can find better value for money. (I had a friend stay there before). Maybe take a look at http://www.smilehousechiangmai.com/ the location of smile house 1 is 2nd to none, yet it's a very peaceful and relaxing place to stay.

Hi, I am going to Chiang Mai 27.june, for few days ...... I am after some cheap guesthouse/hotel. (lets say 400-1000thb).Kris

Kris

Go to http://www.hotelthailand.net/search_instan...;pg=2&sList= and look at the hotels and guest houses. Almost every hotel listed has a map somewhere in its web pages that will allow you to locate where it is in relation to where you want to spend you time.

Look at the Centara Duangtawan Hotel at the Loy Kroh Road and Chang-Klan Road intersection (middle of the Night Bazaar) as an example. I would guess you will be happier near there as there are lots of resturaunts and clubs and bars and bistros and lots of transportation.

Look at some of the maps to see side street names and then find hotels on them. Should be fairly easy to find your price range within a walking distance acceptable to you.

Edited by noise

I would say that Walai House is a little too far away from the action. It's in the Santitham area of town which is, in my opinion, a little rough.

By "a little rough" I assume you mean its real Thailand (or was that Myanmar :o ?) rather than the farang infested fantasy ghetto around Thapae/night bazzar area. And trust me, there is plenty of "action" to be found in Santiham :D - and much more fun than the tourist trap whore bars on Loi Kroh. :D

I've never seen the rooms in Walai, but the lobby is nice and the staff friendly (go there for coffee sometimes). There's an awsome noodle shop just up the soi too which is a regular party hang out and the Santitham area has many small local bars restaurants and street food. Not so many tuk- tuks around there, but its only a short walk to Huai Kaew road and the Kad Suan Kaew shoppiong centre and other amenities. Santitham Plaza is a couple of blocks away and has several ammenities including a swimming pool, fitness centre etc.

I would say that Walai House is a little too far away from the action. It's in the Santitham area of town which is, in my opinion, a little rough.

By "a little rough" I assume you mean its real Thailand (or was that Myanmar :o ?) rather than the farang infested fantasy ghetto around Thapae/night bazzar area. And trust me, there is plenty of "action" to be found in Santiham :D - and much more fun than the tourist trap whore bars on Loi Kroh. :D

Sending a tourist to a famous Red Light district for Thais might not be doing them a big favor unless they speak Thai very well and don't mind having sex with women who are pretty much slaves. :D

ok, I cross Walai, cuz location, I mean I prefer stay in some more busy area, where is easy acces to transport, and close to walking street and night bazar :o

thanks 4 help, any other ideas?

Sending a tourist to a famous Red Light district for Thais might not be doing them a big favor unless they speak Thai very well and don't mind having sex with women who are pretty much slaves. :D

Thankyou Ulysses, :D That's exactly what I meant by 'a little rough'. I lived in Chiang Mai for 2 years and had many a good time out in Santiham, but I certainly wouldn't send a 'fresh off the plane' newcomer there alone. A better place for a 'Thai experience' for the newcomer would be the 'safer' Nimanhemin Road area.

Edited by thecatman

Uh, judging from Paagai's avatar, we might be comparing apples to oranges.

Thankyou Ulysses, :D That's exactly what I meant by 'a little rough'. I lived in Chiang Mai for 2 years and had many a good time out in Santiham, but I certainly wouldn't send a 'fresh off the plane' newcomer there alone. A better place for a 'Thai experience' for the newcomer would be the 'safer' Nimanhemin Road area.

I never been in Chiang mai, but been in Pattaya 2 times before, so I be ok on my own anywhere in CM I belive :D

confused ehh :o

now I am between Lai Thai (650 i think ac) and just find out this one: Chiang Mai Thai House good location, have pool, clean nice rooms, good price for fan room (550), just staff beep bother about buy tour and eat in resteurant, but I think I can handle that, just tell them no money and thats it heh. Any feedback?

now I am between Lai Thai (650 i think ac) and just find out this one: Chiang Mai Thai House good location, have pool, clean nice rooms, good price for fan room (550), just staff beep bother about buy tour and eat in resteurant, but I think I can handle that, just tell them no money and thats it heh. Any feedback?

Chiang Mai Thai House looks great, I'd definately give that a go ahead of Lai Thai. It's in a convenient location and appears to have all you need on site. I've just bookmarked it myself, in wait for my next visit to CNX.

My mates always stay at the royal guesthouse. There is a small pool and nice common area down stairs. The rooms are clean and have shower. The building is 7 floors and the price goes down the higher you go as no lift, so if you think you can handle the climb inhebrieted its only 150bht a night, i think the price goes up to about 550. You can walk to night bazaar, sunday market, loi krot in under 10 minutes.

Uh, judging from Paagai's avatar, we might be comparing apples to oranges.

:D:D Oh yes, and living in a veritable garden of Eden with fruits of all varieties just waiting to be picked off the trees :D

I know Santitham's notoriety as UG has pointed out, but it also has a large student population, many of whom are just looking for a good time. Though this is Thailand, so no such thing as a free lunch! Speaking some Thai is also essential if you want to enjoy!

CM Blue House (Moon Muang, Soi 6). AC/Refrigerator/20" TV/Queen sized bed/Clean/ Looks like a mini jungle with big ol' plants all over the f'n place. Close to Sunday night market , and right next to some cool little outdoor reggae and rock bars, as well as Chiang Mai Saloon.

And most important.... 5 min walk to Spicy!

Contact Tim or Tony cmbluehouse.com 500 baht and larger 600 (10% discount after June 1st for stays a week or longer) baht rooms available.

I just checked this place out for a friend coming next month... Friendly Thai staff and owned/managed by 2 friendly cool American dudes.

Edited by damian5000

Every time the name Lai Thai comes up I take the chance to warn people away from the unusually nasty group of tuk-tuk drivers who camp outside.

They hate visitors who use rented bikes and have been known to damage and sabotage them. The bikes, that is.

Lai Thai management of course "has no responsibility" for them and couldn't care less.

ok i cross lai thai from my list, now think Chiang Mai Thai House- but i think they not allow overnight guests, so my gf cant ce my room i think no good hmm.....

i will be lookink cm blue house, good reviews.....

but i just find out this one, look interesting : The pub any feedback please?

i just quote the price there and waiting :o nice bungalows

CM Blue House (Moon Muang, Soi 6). AC/Refrigerator/20" TV/Queen sized bed/Clean/ Looks like a mini jungle with big ol' plants all over the f'n place. Close to Sunday night market , and right next to some cool little outdoor reggae and rock bars, as well as Chiang Mai Saloon.

Contact Tim or Tony cmbluehouse.com 500 baht and larger 600 (10% discount after June 1st for stays a week or longer) baht rooms available.

I just checked this place out for a friend coming next month... Friendly Thai staff and owned/managed by 2 friendly cool American dudes.

Aren't we all... :o

" Long may she wave"

Aren't we all... :o

" Long may she wave"

There's a few of us in the mix, I'm afraid I've got more "jai lawn" moments than "yen"